9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I don't think anyone is comparing Suarez to Messi or Ronaldo...they are clearly in a league of their own because they've consistently done it season after season for years. However, trying to knock Suarez presently is just ridiculous. The guy is playing incredible, and that's with him being surrounded by a very average team.

He's always been a great player; he just wasn't playing in a major league and he shined once someone took a chance on him.

If we are very average then so are Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U......

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yeah I agree that he's been in excellent form, and he is a brilliant player, but he hasn't been doing it long enough to be compared to the top 2 attackers in the world. Suarez has just bloomed later I guess, plus he went to a big league a lot later too so it's not all his fault, but there's no doubts he's beasting and should definitely win player of the year if he keeps up this form.

Anton no way in this world will Suarez win PFA of FWA player of the year awards. No way.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
As for '10 Forlan, he is not close yeah, he is better.

qI3YBpp.gif

H

Haruko The Goon

Suarez - 17 goals v teams in the bottom 7 this season. 2 goals v teams 1-13th. (currently)

lol

Harlequin

The guy doesn't have a fantastic game (by his standards) and people jump straight here and speak rubbish lol

Regardless, he was still working hard the ENTIRE game and Liverpool's biggest threat. Kompany just had a beast of a game, and they were also getting away with a lot of shananigans in the box.

Man City closed up shop and defended the entire game after Mignolet's mistake- was really disappointing.

P.S. There is a very, very long list of players better than Forlan ever was. Suarez is on that list. I don't remember Forlan ever leading Man U, Villarreal or Atletico to victory either. And let's not pretend Liverpool's team is that much better than Atletico ever was....Liverpool is still full of mostly average players being led by a coach with belief and a few players performing out of their minds.

Right, I'm a Manchester City supporter and I 100% agree that Luis Suarez still managed to have a great game against us, despite not getting on the scoresheet. I also disagree that Kompany had a beast of a game, he had a good game, but still made some poor judgements coming out of defence to close players down. On several occasions he was caught out by tidy interchanges between Suarez and Coutinho. We were very lucky to get the win, Liverpool at least deserved a point.

Suarez as an individual created 5 excellent chances for the team, and could easily have had 5 assists had things gone differently.

1) Sterling through ball - called offside when he was clearly on
2) Played Allen in on the top of the box early in the first half - Allen miscontrolled
3) Played Sterling in - he rounded Hart and Coutinho scored
4) PLayed Coutinho in with a delightful first touch who was 1v1 with Hart and fluffed it
5) Cross to Sterling at the back post who failed to connect properly in the second half

Suarez is world class and is on another level to say Sergio Aguero. He's not at the level of Messi, but on this years form he can certainly be considered to have Messi-esque form. Lets see if he can hold it for the remainder of the season.

Also, the suggestion that Liverpool is an average team is ridiculous. Rodgers has assembled himself a very tidy team - a lot of Liverpool's players are highly underrated.

Mitchell1978

Right, I'm a Manchester City supporter and I 100% agree that Luis Suarez still managed to have a great game against us, despite not getting on the scoresheet. I also disagree that Kompany had a beast of a game, he had a good game, but still made some poor judgements coming out of defence to close players down. On several occasions he was caught out by tidy interchanges between Suarez and Coutinho. We were very lucky to get the win, Liverpool at least deserved a point.

Suarez as an individual created 5 excellent chances for the team, and could easily have had 5 assists had things gone differently.

2) Played Allen in on the top of the box early in the first half - Allen miscontrolled
4) PLayed Coutinho in with a delightful first touch who was 1v1 with Hart and fluffed it
5) Cross to Sterling at the back post who failed to connect properly in the second half

Suarez is world class and is on another level to say Sergio Aguero. He's not at the level of Messi, but on this years form he can certainly be considered to have Messi-esque form. Lets see if he can hold it for the remainder of the season.

Also, the suggestion that Liverpool is an average team is ridiculous. Rodgers has assembled himself a very tidy team - a lot of Liverpool's players are highly underrated.

Good post, i can add to that is that Liverpool doesn't play in Europe this season which could prove to be an advantage.

SwiftGuyver

spot on.

what an excellent first post.

welcome to the forum mate.

XaviMessiGirl

:beer2: Welcome, great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans