9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Except it doesn't because Liverpool were winning games without Suarez. Sturridge has been immense, the likes of Coutihno, Sterling, Gerard, Henderson have all played a huge part in their sensational attack. Mind you the Maradona success wasn't all him either, they had a solid defence Careca firing in plenty of goals. Bruno Giordano was no slouch either.

You cant deny that Suarez has been the main reason they are doing so well though? Thats like saying Messi didnt carry us to the title last year since we won games without him as well.
But in general what would equal a Maradona with Napoli performance? I remember this discussion being made once on another forum and people said it would be like Messi carrying Everton to the league title in a league with City,United,Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs ahead of them (last year), yet Liverpool were in a similair type of position back the last few years so why not give the key player credit:)

Jenks

Yeah people seem to forget that Sturridge is the second highest scorer in the Premier League. Obviously they wouldn't be where they are without Suarez, but they're hardly a one man team either.

Kerrybai

You cant deny that Suarez has been the main reason they are doing so well though? Thats like saying Messi didnt carry us to the title last year since we won games without him as well.
But in general what would equal a Maradona with Napoli performance? I remember this discussion being made once on another forum and people said it would be like Messi carrying Everton to the league title in a league with City,United,Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs ahead of them (last year), yet Liverpool were in a similair type of position back the last few years so why not give the key player credit:)

Pretty much what Jenks said. Take a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Liverpool_F.C._season

First 3 games of the season were won with Sturridge goals. Plenty of other games were won with the Sturridge or other players providing the magic spark. Suarez is huge for them and he's certainly the main guy, just like Messi is for us but credit has to go to Rodgers and the entire Liverpool attack. I can't really compare it with Maradona as he was before my time.

Rodgers has players like Henderson and Allen playing well so I think a lot of the credit lies with him.

Ursegor

World Champion
I actually bet Atletico to win the league title before the season started :xavi:

But they won't. :xavi:

No of course not the single elemennt, wc 86 is higs legacy with Napoli as his clublegacy. I like Maradona as a player but I often feel he wasnt ranked much higher than Zico or Platini before 86 or even after not till nostalgia lifted his legacy even higher so that its now impossible for players to get to, atleast the Napoli part.
Suarez isnt like Villa though, he isnt just a goalscorer, he adds as much to Liverpool's game in his own way as Messi does for us in the league imo.
Im not saying it would equal Maradona's overall legacy if a player does that but it matches his club legacy imo.

Well, in fairness Zico and Platini were playing at a similar level so it isn't entirely surprising if Maradona wasn't regarded much better at first. The World Cup surely made all the difference in the end. Zico never even made it to a semi-final despite playing in some stacked teams like the 82 team. Didn't even win a Copa America. Missed a penalty in 86 as well. And World Cups were really all that mattered back in the days. Meanwhile Maradona led Argentina to 2 finals. Even in 94, well past his prime, fat and pumped with drugs he scored that famous goal like Messi's against Milan.

Here is Maradona vs. Zico in a direct duel:

80s Serie A. :worthy:

Anyway. I don't think it's compareable to Maradona but I can't "prove" it. One just has to watch the games. Maradona was RUNNING games. Everything went through him. Suarez also does more than just scoring of course. He dribbles and passes well. But this Liverpool side as a whole has scored 32 more goals than Arsenal and 26 more than Chelsea who are supposed to be direct competitors in the top. Meanwhile goal scored in Serie A in 89/90:

1. Napoli: 57
2. Milan: 56
3. Inter: 55
4. Juventus: 56
5. Sampdoria: 46
6. Roma: 45

So tightly congested, every individual action makes a huge difference to gain points unlike those 5-1, 4-0, 4-0, 5-0, 3-0 routs Liverpool have served to the likes of Arsenal, United, Everton, Spurs etc. where Suarez was part of it all but not the main reason to win them games.

jamrock

if he helps lead liverpool to the league, he should win the golden ball, unless of course ibra wins the CL.

he is playing on a level few players are at the moment and to think we could have gotten him for 45m euros.

makes you wonder, the things he and messi could do, all while actually tracking back and helping the defense

CatalinR10

if he helps lead liverpool to the league, he should win the golden ball, unless of course ibra wins the CL.

he is playing on a level few players are at the moment and to think we could have gotten him for 45m euros.

makes you wonder, the things he and messi could do, all while actually tracking back and helping the defense

Barca's management is fucked up. With proper transfers we would have won at least 1 CL in the last 3 years.

CesDel

One thing that people never mention is that sampdoria and verona also won their only scudetto in the mid 80' and early 90', and they didnt need a Maradona to do it.

Considering that, I think that it would be more impressive if Messi went to a team like Everton and made them win the PL than Maradona making Napoli win their only scudetto.

Zebulun

The football Gods will never allow messi and suarez on one side. They will make teams cry just by looking at the starting lineup.

Espacio

Barca needs 2 forward and 3 centerback and maybe 1 right back for substitution
so we should buy Suarez to pay bid, and also Bafetimbi Gomis(free transfer) for substitution

and for the centre back, Vincent Kompany-David Luiz-Eliaquim Mangala we should buy 3 of them
and right back can be Bacary Sagna(free transfer) for substitution

Cule4life

The Culest
so we should buy Suarez to pay bid, and also Bafetimbi Gomis(free transfer) for substitution

and for the centre back, Vincent Kompany-David Luiz-Eliaquim Mangala we should buy 3 of them

Consider stopping playing FM for a little while. It will be helpful

Djab

Luis Suarez

Oh my God. Brilliant. The only player capable of carrying us to the glory is Sagna. And we have enough own-goal scorers here.

Now go resume your career in FM. :mou:

Last edited:

Espacio

@Djab

I don't mean that Sagna carry us to glory. I wrote Sagna for the substitue with Dani Alves also he is free transfer and also he is the right back of France National Football Team!!!!
when someone get injured in team we are getting hard to put a new player instead of injured player.
Did u see in my message "i don't want Dani Alves to play, i want Sagna" ??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans