9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Do you know how much bacteria is in the human mouth? Can cause a severe infenction, a punch, what a small cut? Or do you mean on the pitch? Im willing to bet a bite is worse received by the crowd/audience than a punch.

A punch can break someone's jaw or nose. I'm talking about a proper punch here, with intent to injure. Or a stomp on the balls or similar.

Professor Chaos

uid_3bd6d85056941b5c227c159acd42330f1403696572517_width_525_play_0_pos_0_gs_0_height_296.jpg

Suarez has already tried to bite Chiellini year ago at Confederations Cup :lol:

DB10

What a crazy mofo. Should have held a press conference after the match and admitted he needs some sort of help. Play the sympathy card and he could have escaped punishment perhaps, now they're going to throw the book at him.

I

instinct

That's a very long article, someone who can summarize it? ;) Does it explain the roots of Suarez' behaviour issues?

Yes, at least the author tries it and makes some strange statements. He says that Luis grew up in a very difficult way. His father left his mothers (his mother had to work hard for little money) and Suarez tried to get over it with drinking alcohol and making party. When he was 15, he met a girl with who he fell in love with. Unfortunately she moved to Europe with her family. Luis was shocked and sad. Apparently he was at his girlfriend's house very often and enjoyed the ''family life'' there.
He decided to work hard because he thought that the only way to get to Europe was becoming a football star. He managed it as we all know.
The interesting part is that the author says that everytime Luis is on the pitch he gives his all, everything and everytime a defender tries to ''steal a goal from him'' he feels like being pushed back to Uruguay and the poor conditions there. It's like a flashback, I think.

It's surprising that he seems to be such a nice guy outside the pitch but he becomes another person when he enters the pitch.
In the article there is a very nice statement from one of his former fellows:

''Everyone in Uruguay knows what Suarez fought against, and rose above. That's how he exists in the national consciousness, as someone who fights to win, no matter what, running to escape poverty and obscurity. A man doesn't bite simply because he is crazy. He bites because he is clinging to a new life, terrified of being sucked back into the one he left behind. That's what Gabito believes. "Soccer was a vehicle for him to be saved," he said. "He clung to that, as if to say, 'This is where either I'll be saved or I will sink.'"

Last edited:

Bertus

I don't understand the problem some members have in admitting Suarez did something bad and that he needs to treat that mental problem he has.

That doesn't mean he will stop football, and that doesn't mean barcelona can't recruit him.

Dunno why people link those two things. As if they have to prove it's not a problem that he bites people if Barcelona recruits him.

Admitting what he did doesn't mean it's the end of the world. He needs to pay for it. To treat his problem if necessary, and he can continue football either at Barcelona or elsewhere.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The interesting part is that the author says that everytime Luis is on the pitch he gives his all, everything and everytime a defender tries to ''steal a goal from him'' he feels like being pushed back to Uruguay and the poor conditions there. It's like a flashback, I think.

759.gif

I feel bad for him now. I think he should see a psychologist to seek help for this.

Tomchin

What a crazy mofo. Should have held a press conference after the match and admitted he needs some sort of help. Play the sympathy card and he could have escaped punishment perhaps, now they're going to throw the book at him.
Yeah, I thought it was a little bit strange that in his post-match conference he didn't admit the mistake. Maybe that's what the Uruguayan FA advised him, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans