9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMessi85

Uruguay rep saying the Uruguay NT is considering not playing their WC game in protest to the Suarez ban.

haha ok bye then. Unbelieveable that these guys in uruguay deny what has happend. Maybe blind?
I'm shocked about people here thinking that fifa is wrong punishing Suarez. What the hell is up with you on this forum? Says enough about you, really.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
haha ok bye then. Unbelieveable that these guys in uruguay deny what has happend. Maybe blind?
I'm shocked about people here thinking that fifa is wrong punishing Suarez. What the hell is up with you on this forum? Says enough about you, really.

:lol: Who said it's wrong to punish him? 9 matches and a 4 month general ban is over the top even for a 'repeat offender'. I'd say close to a year ban off international duty and a hefty fine would be enough. His club shouldn't have to suffer for what's done on international duty.

LMessi85

:lol: Who said it's wrong to punish him? 9 matches and a 4 month general ban is over the top even for a 'repeat offender'. I'd say close to a year ban off international duty and a hefty fine would be enough. His club shouldn't have to suffer for what's done on international duty.

Well looks like some people disagree with punishing him.
Agree on the club thing, but it's not that this is the first time. They knew when they got him that he's done this before and has been punished. Fifa couldn't not punish him.

spark

Here's the entire thing:

Such behaviour cannot be tolerated on any football pitch, and in particular not at a FIFA World Cup when the eyes of millions of people are on the stars on the field. The Disciplinary Committee took into account all the factors of the case and the degree of Mr Suárez’s guilt in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Code. The decision comes into force as soon it is communicated

The world was also watching every time Fifa Sanctioned teams for racism with a few thousand Swiss Francs. All kinds of deliberate elbows have broken noses in world cups and didn't get anywhere near as harsh punishments. How many matches did the world have to suffer watching Byron Moreno officiate? Now though, they care about the eyes of the public. Fuck Fifa.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Nobody argues that he shouldn't be punished but the specifics of the punishment are unfair on Liverpool.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

The hell you're talking about?!?!? No one is saying FIFA is wrong for punishing Suarez. It is the harshness of the punishment that some take issue with. Specially considering significantly worse offenses get by unpunished and/or punished a hell of a lot less than this.

FC B

FIFA with yet more prove of what an incompetent, hypocritical, and corrupt organization they are. Racism and violent incidents, some that break bones and put players in hospital and out of football, don't get anywhere near this kind of punishment.

Way to keep things in perspective FIFA.

Agree. Pepe is a serial offender and nothing happens to him.

+1.000.000

LMessi85

The hell you're talking about?!?!? No one is saying FIFA is wrong for punishing Suarez. It is the harshness of the punishment that some take issue with. Specially considering significantly worse offenses get by unpunished and/or punished a hell of a lot less than this.

Can't read?

It's not harsh because it's the 3rd time and this is something else than a sliding that can be a little too hard. It would be laughable if they ban him for a short time. They would lose their credibillity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans