9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
I tend to agree with that POV you said now Hammy.. at least they could have allowed him to train but I think they wanted to send him a message to focus on his mental state because this is a mental /psychological issue more than anything that's how I view it or justify it.. the only football activities I remember was the Juve admins after the match fixing but I do hope he go to see a doctor because if he continue to live in denial (and for all I see from the Uruguay media & officials feedback about conspiracy theories ) he will be back biting a player by next summer no matter how coach him because he does need professional help off the pitch not a managerial thing

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Do you consider Pepe on Muller a headbutt ? really Hammy.. it was a touch .... and he was red carded for it.. Suarez not only escaped punishment he pretended he was hurt
compare to Zidane punishment in the final of 2006 , Red card & 3 match suspension & 3 days of community service
that bolded part sounds to me like a kind of punishment that would suit this offence very very much... It should be for a significantly longer period though

Tassoti Elbow to Lucho was an 8 match ban , Leonardo to Tab Ramos 4 match ban (if I remember correctly ) yet Suarez just last year was handed a 10 match ban for similar act and FIFA said wide & clear that Suarez punishment will not be separate from his history as an offender of the same act... there is no rules in football regarding biting however if Suarez was an HIV positive player he is causing fatality to other players with his bites
the English FA handed Saurez a 10 match ban last season & a year later in the World cup he pull the same shit.. it's normal you INCREASE the punishment ..maybe he will seek treatment
yeah right... HIV +ve and he beats the shit out of all the players out there in THE BEST LEAGUE despite playing at least matches less than the best players of the said best league!!

Get a grip oldie

Hamzah

High Definition Member
that bolded part sounds to me like a kind of punishment that would suit this offence very very much... It should be for a significantly longer period though

yeah right... HIV +ve and he beats the shit out of all the players out there in THE BEST LEAGUE despite playing at least matches less than the best players of the said best league!!

Get a grip oldie

He didn't say he was HIV positive?

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I would have given him a year's ban. I am also surprised that he hasn't also been given a suspended sentance in case he does it again.

Beast

The Observer

Get a grip oldie
If you don't know the difference between HIV & Aids you are still way from debating this subject .... Get a grip & read more kiddo :)
Especially if you call the EPL the best league

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If you don't know the difference between HIV & Aids you are still way from debating this subject .... Get a grip & read more kiddo :)
Especially if you call the EPL the best league
I didn't call EPL the best league... I was ridiculing the media that does!

How long did Pepe get banned for this?

I'm not defending Suarez or anything, but it should have been 6 months if Suarez got banned for 4.

Anyways, we'd better not swap Sanchez for Suarez now. He won't be able to start playing until the season's well underway, and it'll probably take him even longer to gel with the rest of the team. Also, if he signs for us, I won't be surprised if he gets an even longer ban after his first clasico.

Last edited:

FC B

It was not just only an offense. It was a prolongued and aggravated one imo, kicking him several times first and then squashing his head on the pitch with his hands.... This was ferocious and totally deliberate !

I'm amazed to this day Pepe didn't punch Casillas too when he prompted him out of the field.

F

Flavia

I am cannot believe people are outraged by this... If he was a rm player, I bet everyone would be commending Fifa right now.
Maybe 2 years without playing for his nt would be more appropriate, as Liverpool has nothing to do with this, but cmon now.

Beast

The Observer
I am cannot believe people are outraged by this... If he was a rm player, I bet everyone would be commending Fifa right now.
Maybe 2 years without playing for his nt would be more appropriate, as Liverpool has nothing to do with this, but cmon now.
:beer2:

If he was still moving to Real you would see a 180 switch in opinion too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans