9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Why biting though? Here's the thing, we look upon different acts of aggression and violence in different ways. An elbow is far more dangerous than a bite but a bit is so unusual and savage we take it far more seriously. It's so unheard of in football that we treat it like the greatest sin... of course biting can transmit diseases and is associated with animals too.

Anyway it's my opinion that Suarez isnt some horrible human being, he just has some serious aggression issues like other players, Keane, Pepe etc, unfortunately he bites instead of kicking/punching.

Now from a transfer point of view... looking at it footballing wise any team would want him, but are we going a bit over kill having Messi, Neymar, Suarez. The thing is Messi and Neymar are very direct players who like to see a lot of the ball, and well Saurez is the same. Would he accept less of the ball to appease them? The good thing about Sanchez and Pedro is they are happy to see less of the ball and play a support role.

Suarez kicks, punches and dives too, though. The biting is more notorious for being unusual. And he's also racist.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Hope liverpool take fifa to court for this...give blatter's balls another thing to sweat about

4 months is straight from the media not a proper comitee. If tgere was a comitee it shouls have punished valencia for strangling sterling or the giroud elbow last game

Ps: look at u guys quoting the mirror like its the shit...cute dreams

CatalinR10

10378931_672576766143938_9046471713836533044_n.jpg

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Suarez kicks, punches and dives too, though. The biting is more notorious for being unusual. And he's also racist.

Now you're showing your bias against him because you don't like him. I don't think biting is "worse" than any other violent conduct. So why are the others getting away with it? All violent conduct should get a similar ban. The only reason they gave a longer ban was because of the media pressure. Pepe is a repeat offender and gets hardly anything.

LeeRomeno

I doubt he is racist, he called Evra "negro" as i understand, which is common word for black people in Uruguay. Same way in Estonia it is not offensive to say "neeger", which is basically the same thing. It is racist i guess though in UK, hence the cultural issue.

L

linetty

I remember Messi also calling someone a 'negro', they use it commonly in South America.

DennyCrane

I doubt he is racist, he called Evra "negro" as i understand, which is common word for black people in Uruguay. Same way in Estonia it is not offensive to say "neeger", which is basically the same thing. It is racist i guess though in UK, hence the cultural issue.

Maybe, and quite a lot of players feel a need to rile their opponents up or insult them. But if the first thing that comes to his mind is making a remark about Evras colour of skin, then something is clearly wrong with him - and the intent of calling him negro is malicious as well, so the remark is obviously racist. Whether Suarez is a racist or whether that remark makes him one I don't know, might just be another episode of insanity as well.

Tomchin

Maybe, and quite a lot of players feel a need to rile their opponents up or insult them. But if the first thing that comes to his mind is making a remark about Evras colour of skin, then something is clearly wrong with him - and the intent of calling him negro is malicious as well, so the remark is obviously racist. Whether Suarez is a racist or whether that remark makes him one I don't know, might just be another episode of insanity as well.
It's a way to rile up another player no doubt. Just like i dont think Busquets is racist because he called Marcelo a mono 1 time, i doubt Suarez is racist either.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Now you're showing your bias against him because you don't like him. I don't think biting is "worse" than any other violent conduct. So why are the others getting away with it? All violent conduct should get a similar ban. The only reason they gave a longer ban was because of the media pressure. Pepe is a repeat offender and gets hardly anything.

The Suarez case is not a matter of personal liking or not really...
Saurez does something violent that is very odd and thus attracts much more attention and does it repeatedly; And in actions like that if nothing serious is done about it, it will be like promoting violence on the pitch. he has done punching, stomping, elbowing, karate kicking, poking in the eye,biting and in most case he dives right after he fouls to throw the ref off and I am not even counting his racism and just pointing to physical violence here . he is a talented but very dirty player and he does the offense repeatedly.
All these doesn't mean I don't want Pepe to get punished in the same manner as Suarez but you need to take it into account that the reason we are not holding the very same grudge against Suarez is that Barca has not been the direct victim of his actions. I am pretty sure a Juventus fan doesn't hate Pepe like a Barca fan. If we saw Alba or Pique or Busquets or Messi getting kicked, punched, poked in the eye or bitten by him while he throws himself rolling on the ground after that we would all be calling for his head and wanting heavier punishments for him (specially if he played for Madrid like Pepe). Suarez and Pepe play differently and in different positions but they are from the same cloth.

Yes, but he was not playing in Uruguay and He has lived in England for quite some time and knew that in English cultural context that word has racist meanings and yet he used it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans