9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Apologise for biting Chiellini and admit what he did and it was wrong.

It's just words, jamdav. He apologized for biting Ivanovic. He might apologize again, but that won't mean he really is sorry. he bit again after apologizing, didn't he?

JamDav1982

He's not going to do that because Uruguay are saying nothing happened and he also said it was normal behaviour on a football field. "I ran into his arm".

Thats up to him but if he doesnt and it may harm any chance he has of moving to Barca if press are correct.

I think he will apolgise in the end. A lot of the initial denials were probably out of desperation of trying to escape or minimise punishment.

One look at his face coming off the pitch at the end of the Italy game shows he knew he had fcked up. He knows fine what he did and it was wrong.

JamDav1982

It's just words, jamdav. He apologized for biting Ivanovic. He might apologize again, but that won't mean he really is sorry. he bit again after apologizing, didn't he?

I agree it could juts be words but I dont think they can take the gamble on him unless he gives an apology.

They have to know he aknowledges his bahaviour was wrong, not that it will definitely prevent it from happening again but he is an even bigger nutter if he thinks it is acceptable!

I

instinct

article-2670831-1F29659000000578-449_634x424.jpg

article-2670831-1F2957BF00000578-83_634x389.jpg

article-2670831-1F2925DD00000578-71_634x418.jpg

M

maxmss

Here's my take: Tim Howard has turret syndrome. Does it mean he can shout obscenities at other players because he has medical condition and he is not doing it on purpose? I don't think so. You cannot bring your problems to the pitch and expect others to deal with it. Same with Suarez- I don't think he was trying to hurt the other player, I'm sure it was less painfull than some tackles we see almost in every game. I think Suarez has this impulse and he is having a problem to control that and he should be punished for the failure of dealing with his problems. If Barca wants to buy him, they should consult doctors . If he can learn to deal with his impulses, no problem. I've seen premeditated malicious intends from players(like Pepe stepping on Messi's hand), but I don't think Suarez had premeditated intend. Again, he deserves to be punished for bringing his problems to the game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona still willing to sign Luis Suarez if he apologizes for latest incident and accepts anti-biting clause in contract. [sport marca]

Anti-biting clause :lol:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Knowing there is an anti-biting clause in his contract is a smart idea actually.

You never know he may even get his suspension reduced a little if he apologizes publicly and is actually willing to sign on the dotted line that he won't ever due this again.

Jadentheman

Knowing there is an anti-biting clause in his contract is a smart idea actually.

You never know he may even get his suspension reduced a little if he apologizes publicly and is actually willing to sign on the dotted line that he won't ever due this again.

Thing is that he will break the contract. Just know when?

This biting seems to be a yearly occurrence of pent up aggression and/or frustration.

EDIT: Video. galning was right!

This transfer will be more controversial then the Neymar one I swear. It will be a BIG gamble.

Last edited:

Robbie

You already have Messi and Neymar... that isn't exactly being desperate for attacking talents.

And yes. Desperate is what you'd have to be to want Suarez in the squad. He's a brilliant player, but a PR nightmare. Gotta weigh the pros and cons. For a club like Barca, you can afford to say no and wait for a classier player to become available.

Kerrybai

Why biting though? Here's the thing, we look upon different acts of aggression and violence in different ways. An elbow is far more dangerous than a bite but a bit is so unusual and savage we take it far more seriously. It's so unheard of in football that we treat it like the greatest sin... of course biting can transmit diseases and is associated with animals too.

Anyway it's my opinion that Suarez isnt some horrible human being, he just has some serious aggression issues like other players, Keane, Pepe etc, unfortunately he bites instead of kicking/punching.

Now from a transfer point of view... looking at it footballing wise any team would want him, but are we going a bit over kill having Messi, Neymar, Suarez. The thing is Messi and Neymar are very direct players who like to see a lot of the ball, and well Saurez is the same. Would he accept less of the ball to appease them? The good thing about Sanchez and Pedro is they are happy to see less of the ball and play a support role.

Robbie

Why biting though? Here's the thing, we look upon different acts of aggression and violence in different ways. An elbow is far more dangerous than a bite but a bit is so unusual and savage we take it far more seriously. It's so unheard of in football that we treat it like the greatest sin... of course biting can transmit diseases and is associated with animals too.

Anyway it's my opinion that Suarez isnt some horrible human being, he just has some serious aggression issues like other players, Keane, Pepe etc, unfortunately he bites instead of kicking/punching.

Now from a transfer point of view... looking at it footballing wise any team would want him, but are we going a bit over kill having Messi, Neymar, Suarez. The thing is Messi and Neymar are very direct players who like to see a lot of the ball, and well Saurez is the same. Would he accept less of the ball to appease them? The good thing about Sanchez and Pedro is they are happy to see less of the ball and play a support role.

If Chiellini turns into a Were-Suarez during the next full moon, we'll know why

Chainsaw

Killahead
Barcelona still willing to sign Luis Suarez if he apologizes for latest incident and accepts anti-biting clause in contract. [sport marca]

Anti-biting clause :lol:

Is this for real?? :neymar: What they're gonna do if he bites again? Pull out his teeth and kick him out?!

L

linetty

Barcelona think they can get Liverpool forward Luis Suarez (27) for 62M after the biting incident. Liverpool want at least 88M. [mirror]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans