9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Uncommon has nothing to do with that word. All it means is that a person is known for doing bad things. You used the word wrong there, because it's actually for describing a person in general, not an action. I just took it that you meant that biting is worse because that's what you were implying.

Also I am not defending Suarez. Show me where I did that. I'm also not jumping at thug behaviour, I'm just saying all violent conduct should be treated the same and get the same punishment.

Ghosting

Songs punched the guy in the back. I dont know what your talking about. Suarez did it 3 times, but the two were not under FIFA and so should not influence the verdict.

Why ofcourse? FIFA should never allow themselves to be influenced the press who are just seeking headlines and profits. The public didn't want this absurd punishment, the press wanted it and FIFA surrendered even though it is not fair.

Song was an elbow, in regards to 3 times, you are suggesting if a player keeps moving under different FAs punching people then it should be all fine, there should be no totting up process.

The public did want his punishment, thousands and thousands of people on social media were calling for suarez to be severely punished. In fact the only people i've seen defending him are uruguayans and some people on this forum cos they want him to be signed

mozad

It was somewhere on the twitter-feed of Rafael Hernandez: https://twitter.com/RafaelH117

Either ways. The punishment is still very extreme for a small bite that created absolutely no damage. We've seen much worse things in football and players get away with it even though they've done it before. But Suarez? Oh no! We want to make a story out of this and get back at him for throwing England out.

Tomchin

The public did want his punishment, thousands and thousands of people on social media were calling for suarez to be severely punished. In fact the only people i've seen defending him are uruguayans and some people on this forum cos they want him to be signed
And Maradona and Fred and Chiellini!

F

Flavia

Uncommon has nothing to do with that word. All it means is that a person is known for doing bad things. You used the word wrong there, because it's actually for describing a person in general, not an action. I just took it that you meant that biting is worse because that's what you were implying.

Also I am not defending Suarez. Show me where I did that. I'm also not jumping at thug behaviour, I'm just saying all violent conduct should be treated the same and get the same punishment.
Notorious is not used only to define a person. Also a thing, a deed. he got himself notorious for biting people. It also has no implication that this makes biting worse than elbowing... I used the word the way it's supposed to be used. And I wasn't talking about you, but the bias in the forum in general. Had suarez already agreed to join rm, the reactions to his punishment would be quite different around here.

J

Just4fun

And what about Neymar punching Modric in the face. And his constant diving. How does that not deserve a punishment?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Notorious is not used only to define a person. Also a thing, a deed. he got himself notorious for biting people. It also has no implication that this makes biting worse than elbowing... I used the word the way it's supposed to be used. And I wasn't talking about you, but the bias in the forum in general. Had suarez already agreed to join rm, the reactions to his punishment would be quite different around here.

Ok cool, I thought you were saying biting is somehow worse than other violent play like some other people in here. Also I don't have a problem with a big punishment, he deserves it. Though the football ban is silly and I'd just give a bigger match ban.

What I'm mad about is why aren't the likes of Pepe also getting a large ban instead of just two matches? It's unfair.

My argument has nothing to do with who plays for Madrid or who might sign for us or might sign for them.

mozad

Song was an elbow, in regards to 3 times, you are suggesting if a player keeps moving under different FAs punching people then it should be all fine, there should be no totting up process.

I thought it was an elbow too, but I think it was just a weird punch. Either ways, an elbow is even worse and MUCH worse than a small bite. I think there should be a totting up process, my point is that I read that FIFA does not. But either ways the punishment is still absurd, even for a third time. He can't even go inside the stadium!

Many people wanted Suarez to be punished, as commented on social media sites. But many more did not. I think your forgetting the silent majority. The press created all of this. At most Suarez whould have been banned from this World Cup. But this? No. This is ridiculous and pure injustice.

Ghosting

I thought it was an elbow too, but I think it was just a weird punch. Either ways, an elbow is even worse and MUCH worse than a small bite. I think there should be a totting up process, my point is that I read that FIFA does not. But either ways the punishment is still absurd, even for a third time. He can't even go inside the stadium!

Many people wanted Suarez to be punished, as commented on social media sites. But many more did not. I think your forgetting the silent majority. The press created all of this. At most Suarez whould have been banned from this World Cup. But this? No. This is ridiculous and pure injustice.

I agree with you, if this was not a totting up process then yeah it is a ridiculous ban, but they surely considered the other offences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans