9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Just4fun

I hope. I get really annoyed by al the selective hate against other players, while ''our'' players do it all the time. They arent biting any players, but still do things that needs to be punished.

F

Flavia

Ok cool, I thought you were saying biting is somehow worse than other violent play like some other people in here. Also I don't have a problem with a big punishment, he deserves it. Though the football ban is silly and I'd just give a bigger match ban.

What I'm mad about is why aren't the likes of Pepe also getting a large ban instead of just two matches? It's unfair.

My argument has nothing to do with who plays for Madrid or who might sign for us or might sign for them.
If Pepe did his crazy stuff at liverpool, instead of rm, he'd probably be banned for life by now. His luck is to play there.

mozad

I agree with you, if this was not a totting up process then yeah it is a ridiculous ban, but they surely considered the other offences.

Still an extreme punishment. As you said, FIFA was influenced by the press. Such influence by especially the english press would inevitably bias the verdict beyond what is fair and just. I won't be surprised if Suarez refuses any future contact with the english press.

Alarcón

My claim was that so far there's no sign that he will actually try to get cured.

But you can continue to play dumb if you want, just like in the other thread when you know i'm talking about his current price asked by liverpool (88M) and not a supposed better price tag than 88M in the future.

Have fun.

Wow, you're so arbitrary, it's incredible. When there's a rumour about any PSG player in MD, Sport, Marca or whatever Spanish paper, you immediately go nuts and say they're not reliable and can't be trusted. However, when those papers make such a laughable claim there's no way they could know anything about and sounds so ridiculous it must have been fabricated, you believe it. It's been 2 days since the incident and you already make baseless assumptions that neither him nor Barça want him to change. Get a grip.

JamDav1982

I agree with you, if this was not a totting up process then yeah it is a ridiculous ban, but they surely considered the other offences.

In your opinion Suarez has had three incidents - a spit, a bite and smashing his elbow into the skull of Chiellini he would deserve only a three match ban?

As for the totting up process - do players get an increased ban for every time they are caught diving? Did Zidane get extra games suspension handed to him in 2006 as he had before been guilty of head butting opposition players and had already had a WC red for violent conduct.

The way they have treated Suarez to try and make an example of him is unfair as it is not the way all players are treated.

FIFA pandered to keep the press happy as they and Blatter are under a lot of pressure just now.

CatalinR10

Imagine a Chiellini - Fellaini faceswap :worthy:

Catalinutz you are summoned.....

apqqWbn_460sa.gif

15yvsiq.jpg

Tomchin

In your opinion Suarez has had three incidents - a spit, a bite and smashing his elbow into the skull of Chiellini he would deserve only a three match ban?

As for the totting up process - do players get an increased ban for every time they are caught diving? Did Zidane get extra games suspension handed to him in 2006 as he had before been guilty of head butting opposition players and had already had a WC red for violent conduct.
Can you elaborate on that? I read that Zidane has had a massive number of 14 red cards (or so) during his career, but I didn't know he already had been red-carded for a headbutt prior to that WC-final.

JamDav1982

Can you elaborate on that? I read that Zidane has had a massive number of 14 red cards (or so) during his career, but I didn't know he already had been red-carded for a headbutt prior to that WC-final.

He head butted a player while at Juventus. Will be on youtube.

Ghosting

The way they have treated Suarez to try and make an example of him is unfair as it is not the way all players are treated.

FIFA pandered to keep the press happy as they and Blatter are under a lot of pressure just now.

I don't get the 3 incidents thing, and I have never seen a player get a ban for diving, when has that occurred? And honestly i don't remember what happened to Zidane in 06, i thought he retired and so they didn't give him any suspension but I don't remember.

And yes he was made an example of and yes FIFA were influenced by the press, which quite honestly is one of the few times they have.

JamDav1982

I don't get the 3 incidents thing, and I have never seen a player get a ban for diving, when has that occurred? And honestly i don't remember what happened to Zidane in 06, i thought he retired and so they didn't give him any suspension but I don't remember.

And yes he was made an example of and yes FIFA were influenced by the press, which quite honestly is one of the few times they have.

Zidane got a 3 match ban and a 6k fine which mattered little as he was retiring.

Nothing was made of fact he had done it before.

DennyCrane

Barcelona still willing to sign Luis Suarez if he apologizes for latest incident and accepts anti-biting clause in contract. [sport marca]

Anti-biting clause :lol:

:rofl1:

you couldn't make this up. Marca should consider an anti-dumbassery clause for the interns who write this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans