9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosting

Not at all. It doesnt have to be three bites. Why is that any different from three repeated actions resulting in increased bans?

So Suarez could have destroyed the cruciate ligaments of Chiellini or smash his skull and deserve less a ban than he has just got?

Well if he smashed his skull, I would suggest he get a permanent ban, and by destroying cruciates I guess you are talking a Roy Keanesque purposeful tackle, in which case again for me he would deserve a long ban. Personally when I heard Roy Keane say he meant to end the career of that City player I thought he should have been banned from football.

And yes the 3 times is significant, just like out on the streets you keep offending then your fine/sentence tends to increase

Dave Saves

Not sure of your point.

Suarez got banned for 10 games with Liverpool when he tried to eat Ivanovic and he accepted that punishment. And apologised. And said that he won't repeat it again. Now he went and did repeat it, the punishment which FIFA would have served up would have been more than 10 games.

JamDav1982

Well if he smashed his skull, I would suggest he get a permanent ban, and by destroying cruciates I guess you are talking a Roy Keanesque purposeful tackle, in which case again for me he would deserve a long ban. Personally when I heard Roy Keane say he meant to end the career of that City player I thought he should have been banned from football.

And yes the 3 times is significant, just like out on the streets you keep offending then your fine/sentence tends to increase

Leonardo fractured the skull of player in 1994 and he never played again.

Punishment - 4 game ban.

JamDav1982

Suarez got banned for 10 games with Liverpool when he tried to eat Ivanovic and he accepted that punishment. And apologised. And said that he won't repeat it again. Now he went and did repeat it, the punishment which FIFA would have served up would have been more than 10 games.

But FIFA dont ban other players on back of there history. Have not done it before and most likely wont do it again.

JamDav1982

Your point about keeping on offending doesnt back up your point as you dont have to keep offending at the same thing for it to be taken into account.

Ghosting

Leonardo fractured the skull of player in 1994 and he never played again.

Punishment - 4 game ban.

Again that was a terrible decision by FIFA or whoever, you are implying punishments should never change, once one punishment has been given we should follow accordingly

Ghosting

Your point about keeping on offending doesnt back up your point as you dont have to keep offending at the same thing for it to be taken into account.

Well yeah, if one player first punches a guy, then spits on another, then bites another then stamps on another it should all be considered

JamDav1982

Again that was a terrible decision by FIFA or whoever, you are implying punishments should never change, once one punishment has been given we should follow accordingly

Was it seen as a terrible decision at the time or did you even think it was a terrible decision a week ago?

Convenient to label all these decisions that show Suarez has been treated differently as terrible. Barely anyone was saying that at the time of the Leonardo or Zidane incidents.

Cule4life

The Culest
To much hypocrisy here. People go apeshit over having a sponsor and being associated with Qatar and detest Pepe. But they want to sign Suarez

L

linetty

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117

Regarding Suárez lawyer "confirming" he has a deal with Barcelona, his answer wasn't clear as most are treating it. Was asked if the ban would derail Suárez move to Barça and Balbi (lawyer) answered he didn't know and was going to talk with his agent.

Dave Saves

The thing with him is that he is, by all accounts, an absolute gentleman off the pitch, more so than most footballers out there. But as soon as he steps onto the pitch, it's like a completely different animal is released. Easily the best player in the league and delighted that he is leaving Liverpool, but still disappointed as it appears he'll end up at Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans