9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennyCrane

"Anti-bite" clause is one way of putting it, but Barcelona should surely put in a clause for his disciplinary problems. I really wished Barcelona would not sign this guy because I respect Barcelona and hate this guy. When the going gets tough, he loses his head and will inevitably do something that will drag the club's name through the mud.

The point being: Every player in every pro football club has clauses concerning consequences for misconduct in various forms, up to the point where the contract can be terminated by one side without damage compensation. Calling this an Anti-bite clause, as Marca did, is not only populist trash, but also a hint at what's to come from the Madrid press if Suarez transfers to Barca.

JamDav1982

You're saying Suarez's punishment is unfair because people in the past were punished less for similar/worse offences. I'm saying a slaver's punishment is unfair because people in the past weren't punished for it.

Yes FIFA banning Suarez is comparable to slavery being abolished.

F

Flavia

The situations are so different I am not getting into a debate about it.

If he thinks they are the same then fair enough.

To use something as disgusting as slavery to make an argument is pointless.

Seems you still didn't get it. He could have used something else, it doesn't really matter. The point is you can't use the past as excuse. Things change, and the way to deal with them as well.

JamDav1982

Seems you still didn't get it. He could have used something else, it doesn't really matter. The point is you can't use the past as excuse. Things change, and the way to deal with them as well.

Thats not the same at all.

For one people dont look back with disgust at the bans the other players got. Those bans were largely seen as fair at the time.

I am sure in court all the time they use past cases as examples of a punishment someone can expect.

F

Flavia

For one people dont look back with disgust at the bans the other players got. Those bans were largely seen as fair at the time.

I am sure in court all the time they use past cases as examples of a punishment someone can expect.

At the time they were fair. Not anymore. See, it's not that hard.

Ghosting

Seen as fair at the time, i bet if you went around now and said Zidane got 3 matches for his headbutt which was a repeat offence, a lot of people would be surprised it was so low.

Bertus

You're wrong. Sorry.

At the time of cantona, a lot of awful tackles were tolerated while it's not the case anymore. It's not me who said it, it's Cantona himself.

Also, at least here in the french league, the sanctions also evolved.

Kurt Zouma got 10 matches for an horrible tackle last season. When the medias compared with 10 years ago, he would have got less when they compared with older cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans