9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Haha :lol:

What're your thoughts of him playing with Messi?

I think they have the potential to be great, but I'm not too sure. Suarez is not my first choice because he's also the type to demand the ball and I can't see him being happy without getting too much of the ball. But he's got immense quality, so he's still better than Alexis :trickykid: :serghei:

spark

200.gif

I think they have the potential to be great, but I'm not too sure. Suarez is not my first choice because he's also the type to demand the ball and I can't see him being happy without getting too much of the ball. But he's got immense quality, so he's still better than Alexis :trickykid: :serghei:

He's better than Sanchez for sure, but is the gap between them large enough to warrant forking over Alexis plus 40m+ euros for a player who's 2 years older, won't play until the end of October and could very well get a long ban again?

To explode? :D

Last edited:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I thought about that as well. But whats good about him or Messi is that a good amount of the time if someone else is making a great run they will find them and try to pass. I honestly think they will both bag loads of goals if he comes. Neymar has shown he is ok with a more assisting/creative role and that will work just fine.
Messi in particular plays such great long and through balls that there is no way Suarez wont benefit from having him.
I mean we saw what he can do with Liverpool. Now imagine him with Messi, Neymar, Iniesta and co. O_O.
Masters of the world indeed

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'm just curious who is pushing the signature of him, because particularly if its Lucho then its somewhat intriguing. Perhaps he thinks he can reign in him and bring out the best in him, idk. There is no questioning his quality and its purely a matter of ethos rather than logos. Will Messi put up with him, hell will Neymar? He'll really need to earn the respect of the team and the entire world and starting at square one with a new team where he will have to perform consistently to keep his playing time could do him a lot of good, humble him, beat the biting and other barbaric nonsense out of him and see if he can rise again, reborn. Its definitely a gamble but its a calculated one.

I don't want him for reasons I've stated previously but if there is any sort of strategy from Zubi, Bart and co. if you think about it we'd have the three best players from South America atm leading our line. Quite a statement of intent to the rest of Europe and if Lucho can reign in the egos and install a team first ethic that has been missing for a while and was a key to our success in the past, we might be okay.

Regardless of whether or not Suarez comes however, a CB is absolutely imperative to any chance of making a push in Europe again and regaining Spain.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Apology done. So if the papers are right the transfer will go ahead. Though they keep saying different fees and I don't think we agreed with Liverpool yet.

I

instinct

The most important thing is that Lucho tries to bring back the team-mentality. I can remember that Pique said that this feeling of unity got lost during the past season. Every player has to sacrifice himself for the team and for the team's success, otherwise we won't be able to be successful again.
Neymar Messi Suarez Iniesta Busquets have the potential to rule the world of football but it's Lucho's turn to get the best out of them.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 5m
The only surprise about Suarez's apology is it wasn't written in Catalan. His advisers have missed a trick there.

Icarium

Lifestealer
And I think barca is trying to convert him to Nike from Adidas. Adidas said they are reviewing the current contract with Suarez. FIFA forcing Adidas to drop the contract as FIFA and Adidas are long time buddies. Nike would be interested as he is coming to barca. Then it would be a great plus. We will have so many Uruguay seeing how he is being praised there. If he cuts out biting then this deal is actually good, with above things including it will be a great deal.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans