9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahudi

Flavia, no offense, but did you forget about Zidane's head-butt in the 2006 WC-final? Guess who finished 5th in the Ballon d'Or ranking ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or_2006

Ballon d'Or was a pure journalist award prior to 09. FIFA had nothing to do with it at all.

Zidane did finish second in the FIFA rating, though. He was already a legend at that point and no amount of fuckery could damage his status

These days the awards are also decided by coaches and players. And the ridiculous way Suarez let his teammates down surely dragged him outside the top10.

You are not arguing with the members of this forum in general, you were arguing with me. So, I will ask you again, when did I say that these awards have any real significance?

As for Suarez, my point was exactly that. Who cares if he gets awards or nominations? Everyone who understands football knows how great he is irrespective of inane popularity contests.

No, it's not because you hint that someone else rather than Messi deserves the award, it's because you clearly seem to draw satisfaction out of Barcelona's failures. You repeat all that Barcelona-are-finished wishful thinking that all the enemies of Barca want to see materialize. We are in fact top of the league and we will improve, to yours and others great chagrin. ;)

Satisfaction wtf? its a god damn anxiety for Barca´s decline, thats what it is, you can sit there and smirk and think everything will be ok if you want. its just i cant take anymore of this BS thats been going on for well over a year now. Everybody takes it so freaking easy while its just days ago we where completley overrun by Real and our game gets worse and worse, but cling to your Suarez hope if you want.
Improve where did you get that idea from and how do suppose that will happen with a mediocre defense and ageing midfield and a transfer ban, bah , you dont know what you are talking about.

jamjamjam

Satisfaction wtf? its a god damn anxiety for Barca´s decline, thats what it is, you can sit there and smirk and think everything will be ok if you want. its just i cant take anymore of this BS thats been going on for well over a year now. Everybody takes it so freaking easy while its just days ago we where completley overrun by Real and our game gets worse and worse, but cling to your Suarez hope if you want.
Improve where did you get that idea from and how do suppose that will happen with a mediocre defense and ageing midfield and a transfer ban, bah , you dont know what you are talking about.

images

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ballon d’Or shortlist

Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Diego Costa (Atlético Madrid/Chelsea), Thibaut Courtois (Atlético Madrid/Chelsea), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Ángel Di María (Real Madrid/Manchester United), Mario Götze (Bayern Munich), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG), Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich/Real Madrid), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Thomas Müller (Bayern Munich), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Neymar (Barcelona), Paul Pogba (Juventus), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich), James Rodríguez (Monaco/Real Madrid), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Yaya Touré (Manchester City).

Suarez its not nominated. Thats the joke of the year.

That is because this award has become a popularity contest. Because of the biting incident, Suarez's popularity took a nose dive and that's why he is not included.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't like this. I don't like this at all.

Not because you place my beloved Barca at 4th place, and below Chelsea! But because it just isn't right. Let's take things in turn.

Firstly, Bayern better than Real Madrid. That is a somewhat preposterous claim to make. How can a team that lost 0-4 on their home turf to Real Madrid be considered better than Real Madrid? Two games against RM, and Munchen could not score a single goal. Not only that, they were completely annihilated on the counter. We on this forum went into a royal meltdown after Real Madrid beat us 3-1 on their homeground, with us missing a golden chance to make it 0-2 and them only equalizing through yet another penaldo. We also had our star-signing play his first game after 4 months. Yet we criticize our team so heavily (and rightly so) yet consider Bayern to be better than Real Madrid!!! No way. Bayern have not the slightest right to be called better than Madrid until there is actually some proof to the contrary. We can also make a player for player comparison and Real Madrid for my money still comes out on top. Bayern, like us, has several ageing players, Real Madrid has basically no single player on the decline. That is of crucial importance.

Second. How on earth are Chelsea better than us? Because they beat Everton? Swansea maybe? Or was it their brilliant display against Maribor that has swayed opinion here? In their only "difficult" games of the season so far, against the two Manchesters, they were underwhelming to say the least. Man City put massive pressure on them even with 10 men, and managed to equalize and challenge for a winner as well. The highly problematic United also had a good game against them, managing a well-deserved draw.

Put Mascherano at DM, let Iniesta build some form and above all, our Nuclear Trident gel in front of goal. I think only Real Madrid would compare with us by then.

Another thing. Atletico Madrid have also earned the right to be mentioned in that bracket. In any case much more than the grossly overrated Chelsea who have achieved nothing of note for years now, and the even more obscenely overrated Mourinho who after his fluky 2010 CL victory has failed abysmally in each and every season.

Of course this ranking is total subjective so feel free to disagree.

The reason why I put Bayern ahead of Real Madrid can be attributed to a couple of things: (1) Bayern's performance so far in the 14/15 season (not 13/14 season) so far has been consistently good (without some of the ups and downs we saw last season), even without some of their key players such as Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Thiago. It appears that Pep is finally done with his experiments and has ironed out some of the kinks Bayern had last season. One can only imagine what they can accomplish when their key players are back. (2) The addition of Lewandowski, Alonso, Bernat and Benatia have further solidified them. (3) Their extremely impressive depth. Overall, Bayern is a team with the least issues and weaknesses. Their attacking line is among the best in the world; their midfield did not deteriorate because of Kroos' departure and Lahm has proven to work amazingly there, not to mention Schweinsteiger will be back in December-ish; their defense is even better with Benatia and they have the best goalkeeper in the world, Neuer. Also I think Pep has learned his lesson from his first season and from the defeats at the hands of Real Madrid and is getting better at managing Bayern.

Real Madrid is only slightly behind Bayern in my opinion because their CDM concerns (which hasn't really bothered them that much) and their lack of depth. Other than that, I don't see any glaring issues.

I put Chelsea ahead of us because they solidified an already strong team with key additions such as Diego Costa, Fabregas, Phillpe Luis and Courtois etc., and they have shown consistency and manage to win games even when they were not playing well.

F

Flavia

Yeah, Zidane already headbutted another player before the WC-final (http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/4731561.asp?gid=74)
Suarez was in the shortlist last year, even though ha had already bitten twice, and the racist allegations.This time he is out because of doing it yet again. He only has himself to blame. And if he wasn't a barca player, no one here would be thinking it's absurd he was left out. he deserves to be left out.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Suarez was in the shortlist last year, even though ha had already bitten twice, and the racist allegations.This time he is out because of doing it yet again. He only has himself to blame. And if he wasn't a barca player, no one here would be thinking it's absurd he was left out. he deserves to be left out.

Yup, I agree with you... Suárez is the one who got himself into this whole mess and FIFA's punishment is just a consequence of his actions...

F

Flavia

He shouldnt be left oit because hes easily one if the best in the world and should be in the shorlist.
He surely would be, if he hadn't bitten chiellini on the wc.

You guys are acting just like his nt mates, as if he hadn't done anything wrong.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He did do something wrong but he should still be in the shortlist of the worlds best players. The award has lost all credibility anyway but this is yet another mistake.

If there was a nice man award then yeah leave him off it.

DinhoR10

Speaking tactically, Am i the only one who thinks that Suarez and Neymar provide all the width we need? Atleast when we dont play a parked bus.

Devils

To me, not including him in the ballon d'or is a further form punishment because he is one of the world's top 3 players and absolutely deserves to be on that shortlist.

Suarez was already punished by FIFA for his actions (rightfully so) and he served the punishment. So to me it's ridiculous that they have imposed further sanctions and chose to avoid all of the good that he did last season.

Jägermeister

He did do something wrong but he should still be in the shortlist of the worlds best players. The award has lost all credibility anyway but this is yet another mistake.

If there was a nice man award then yeah leave him off it.

Agreed. Leaving him out makes the Ballon more political and less about choosing the best player. I mean he was banned 4 months as a punishment, so why continue this saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans