9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalitis8

Banned
Suarez crosses the line more often and with greater gusto than most other players around, tbh. he's pretty much the arch-cunt of football.

that said, he clearly channels all his cuntery into playing the game, so that would explain why he's so intolerable.

but I gotta be real: I don't see anything scummy in cheating on your woman. the lack of self-control is definitely a bit sad, but men are hardwired to screw around and there's a reason why 90% of famous sportsmen do it - sports is a testosterone-fuelled environment, a manly competition based on beating the other guy, and monogamy is totally feminine. that's not to say I advocate cheating. you should be faithful to your woman. but cheating is not the worst thing in the world. not even close.

what is scummy, though, is when you shag your brother's wife. or your friend's ex. or you screw around when your wife is pregnant with your child. so your examples are still good, I just wanted to clarify my position.

You do not see anything scummy in cheating on your woman?

It wouldn't sound so silly, if there was one educated woman on the planet that would agree with that statement.

"men are hardwired to screw around"

that is true, but the same can be said of women, exactly the same.

"monogamy is totally feminine"

If there ever was a statement that was 100% incorrect, it is the one above.

"cheating is not the worse thing in the world. not even close."

Well, I agree that one.

Overall, this is the most male chauvinist passage in quite a while...

dalitis8

Banned
Countless studies prove exactly what I have just said.

If anything, women can be (and have been) more promiscuous than men.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Actually it's a biological fact that men are more promiscuous than women...having to do with women having limited eggs and only being able to carry one child at a time. Add in the cultural reasons that make it easier for men to abandon their families.

Women sure as hell cheat, but it's psychologically different for both sexes.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Actually it's a biological fact that men are more promiscuous than women...having to do with women having limited eggs and only being able to carry one child at a time. Add in the cultural reasons that make it easier for men to abandon their families.

Women sure as hell cheat, but it's psychologically different for both sexes.

correctamundo.

monogamy is feminine. not to say it's bad, it's definitely good. but it ain't manly.

dalitis8

Banned
Women have limited eggs, but infinitely more capacity for sex (that is why they can make a career out of it)

On the other hand, cultural reasons, are cultural reasons. They are to be distinguished from biology. Psychology is still largely socially determined. In matriarchal societies, it was legit for women to have multiple lovers.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well I think cultural reasons are stronger than psychological ones - after all polyandry (women with multiple husbands) does exist though it's much less common than polygyny, and usually has a geological reason for it such as scarcity of land.

But I think there is a psychological element derived directly from biology. Sex is different for men and women, both cheat but with men it's much more likely to be a purely physical thing. I wouldn't call monogamy feminine, but attaching sexual and emotional urges to the same person exclusively is more natural for women.

That being said there shouldn't be excuses for either men or women, and 90% of both sexes would be better off not getting married.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

You do not see anything scummy in cheating on your woman?

It wouldn't sound so silly, if there was one educated woman on the planet that would agree with that statement.

"men are hardwired to screw around"

that is true, but the same can be said of women, exactly the same.

"monogamy is totally feminine"

If there ever was a statement that was 100% incorrect, it is the one above.

"cheating is not the worse thing in the world. not even close."

Well, I agree that one.

Overall, this is the most male chauvinist passage in quite a while...

Agree 100. Nice post.

Yeah, I can't believe it either. :lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
But I think there is a psychological element derived directly from biology. Sex is different for men and women, both cheat but with men it's much more likely to be a purely physical thing. I wouldn't call monogamy feminine, but attaching sexual and emotional urges to the same person exclusively is more natural for women.

men are programmed to get out there and fuckfuckfuck; spread the seed, propagate the species, etc.

again, I'm not saying men SHOULD do that; if you make a commitment to someone then you should honour it, but I can't call it scummy when they go a-fucking because that's what every urge in their body is telling them to do.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
men are programmed to get out there and fuckfuckfuck; spread the seed, propagate the species, etc.

again, I'm not saying men SHOULD do that; if you make a commitment to someone then you should honour it, but I can't call it scummy when they go a-fucking because that's what every urge in their body is telling them to do.

Well all men are different, some have greater sex drives than others. I don't think monogamous relationships are "unnatural", though I don't think genuine ones are common either.

But yes, it is a biological fact that men are programmed to constantly want to have sex with as many things as they can find.

dalitis8

Banned
Well I think cultural reasons are stronger than psychological ones - after all polyandry (women with multiple husbands) does exist though it's much less common than polygyny, and usually has a geological reason for it such as scarcity of land.

That being said there shouldn't be excuses for either men or women, and 90% of both sexes would be better off not getting married.

I agree that the physical aspects of the sexual act are very different for men and women. But the fact that the female is at a disadvantage during coitus, does not really hinder her propensity for polyandry.

In fact, a recent book written by New York university professors (based on the latest research) argues that up until the advent of civilization (the invention of agriculture) the sexual act was as a rule not a private affair between man/woman, but a social orgy, involving many (if not all) of the members of the tribe.

dalitis8

Banned

Women are programmed to get fuckedfuckedfucked. What's your point? (as matter of fact, this is extremely debatable, at least for psychoanalysis, for both men and women)

Men/women have all kinds of urges the whole time. The suppression of those urges under the norms and rules of a social order (however imperfect) is what separates civilization from savagery.

Another thing that you seem to be missing, is the fact that in order for men to act in a promiscuous manner, there has to be some proportional number of women who also act accordingly (unless the testosterone-crazed males that you are referring to are all homos :lol:)

Manuel Traquete

Well, no. Men are not programmed to get out there and fuckfuckfuck, that's a pretty poor excuse for infidelity.

Men (straight men at least) are "programmed" to feel attracted by women, but women are also "programmed" to feel attracted by men. Attraction is natural, infidelity isn't. Let's not turn men WANT to fuck around into they have the biological need...

It can definitely qualify as scumming. If a certain man can't control is sex drive, then he shouldn't commit to someone in the first place. If footballers just want to bang as many women as possible, they're perfectly entitled to it, but in that case they shouldn't get into a serious relationship. I don't see how Rooney/Terry/etc.... actions can be anything other than scummy.

And yes, women are promiscuous too.I don't have any official stats, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more cases of women sleeping around than men. Men are just more bashed for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans