9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Or maybe he is same player he was in England but Spain is harder to score at. Not that outlandish when you think about it. :)

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is not just the scoring, sometimes his passing and first touch are abysmal too. He is just not there yet, needs some consistency. In one move he has one great first touch and delivers a great pass next move complete opposite.

JamDav1982

It is not just the scoring, sometimes his passing and first touch are abysmal too. He is just not there yet, needs some consistency. In one move he has one great first touch and delivers a great pass next move complete opposite.

That same goes for Messi and Neymar though but no one ever seems to comment on it.

Dont get me wrong Messi and Neymar were phenomenal tonight but they too have poor moments and the stats show there is not a massive difference between the three in how often they give away the ball.

An example tonight - Suarez played a brilliant cross field pass to Messi then made way into box where Messi layed ball back and he shot hitting the defender. Barely anyone aknowledged his pass and movement and just concentrated on fact he didnt score from a Messi assist.

Suarez played very well tonight and if people cant see how much his presence and movement alone are helping Neymar and Messi then its a lost cause.

I

instinct

That same goes for Messi and Neymar though but no one ever seems to comment on it.

Dont get me wrong Messi and Neymar were phenomenal tonight but they too have poor moments and the stats show there is not a massive difference between the three in how often they give away the ball.

An example tonight - Suarez played a brilliant cross field pass to Messi then made way into box where Messi layed ball back and he shot hitting the defender. Barely anyone aknowledged his pass and movement and just concentrated on fact he didnt score from a Messi assist.

Suarez played very well tonight and if people cant see how much his presence and movement alone are helping Neymar and Messi then its a lost cause.

This.

Suarez is more decisive than Pedro could ever be. Even though his first touch is a bit worrying his contribution to our recent goal scoring record is immense.

Kerrybai

His movement was just what we needed and we in all honesty I can see him being a more creative force than Neymar once he really hits his form. However he can't keep missing sitters, granted he had none tonight but until he starts putting those away we will never see him score Golozao's... I want some Liverpool half line goals etc, goals that change games and win trophies. In time it should all come together.

Icarium

Lifestealer

He played very well today, not taking away any credit. But still he is not the player i saw last season. In some matches you can clearly see how frustrated he becomes, even he is not satisfied with his performances. At present the number of bad moments are a considerable amount which is not the case in messi and neymar. I am not talking about this game i am talking about his performances over 5 or 6 games.

Even playing like that he improves the team very much, we needed a striker like him. But if he becomes more of liverpool suarez sure it won't hurt.

I

instinct

You can't expect him to become the ''Liverpool Suarez'' in La Liga. It's simply not possible. It takes some time to adapt to Barcelona's football which is different to Liverpool's in terms of pace and directness + the overall style of play in La Liga makes it even more difficult to score for fun like he did last season. He assisted many crucial goals (vs Paris, Atleti and Almeria) and scored some very great goals. Everyone knows that he is world-class striker and nobody should question his signing just because he doesn't score every small chance. He is a very important signing and we should treat him like that and not bash him when he doesn't score goals. Like JamDav said: Messi doesn't score with every shot either. How would people react, if Suarez missed a chance like Leo today? Double standards.

CuleLife4Life

I really can't see him ever being the player we saw last season just for the fact that he is on a much more talented team. When you share the frontline with Neymar and Messi, you just can't afford to be selfish. I think we'll see his role evolve more into a Benzema role where he becomes the more creative force while letting Neyessi scores most of the goals.

Kerrybai

You can't expect him to become the ''Liverpool Suarez'' in La Liga. It's simply not possible. It takes some time to adapt to Barcelona's football which is different to Liverpool's in terms of pace and directness + the overall style of play in La Liga makes it even more difficult to score for fun like he did last season. He assisted many crucial goals (vs Paris, Atleti and Almeria) and scored some very great goals. Everyone knows that he is world-class striker and nobody should question his signing just because he doesn't score every small chance. He is a very important signing and we should treat him like that and not bash him when he doesn't score goals. Like JamDav said: Messi doesn't score with every shot either. How would people react, if Suarez missed a chance like Leo today? Double standards.

Sorry mate but if you can't understand the difference in reaction then there is no hope. How is it double standards?

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yes he can't become liverpool suarez but sure he can provide performances with consistency right? As you said it takes some to adjust for barca like neymar did. I completely believe he will start playing like his natural self. But so far if i have to say he won us very good points but individually he has lot more to improve.

Anyway don't consider only this match take last match against atleti, he was very very bad imo. It is the consistency i want not the crazy goal scoring runs like last season, i know it is very tough. Neymar and Messi are performing consistently hopefully in given time suarez will too.

Last edited:
I

instinct

Sorry mate but if you can't understand the difference in reaction then there is no hope. How is it double standards?

I don't need to explain it any further becaus JamDav already did it a few minutes ago. I see Suarez hate everywhere when he misses an easy chance. Every other player seems to get away with bad passes, bad touches or missed chances unlike him.

Kerrybai

I don't need to explain it any further becaus JamDav already did it a few minutes ago. I see Suarez hate everywhere when he misses an easy chance. Every other player seems to get away with bad passes, bad touches or missed chances unlike him.

Let me explain. One player ( Messi ) is scoring lots of goals and missing few chances. The other ( Suarez ) is scoring very few goals and when he does get chances he's missing them. I'm not criticising him for today's game and I believe he will come through, but until he starts putting away those chance he will get rightfully criticised.

He can get away with missed chances when he starts scoring lots of goals like his 2 buddies up top.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He only has 2 goals from 30 odd shots, don't try to say people should not get mad at him for missing easy chances. I am happy that he is improving the team much more than pedro or any one could do (we really needed a striker), he is the best striker in the world but so far not living up to the tag but i trust him to regain it.

CuleLife4Life

He only has 2 goals from 30 odd shots, don't try to say people should not get mad at him for missing easy chances. I am happy that he is improving the team much more than pedro or any one could do (we really needed a striker), he is the best striker in the world but so far not living up to the tag but i trust him to regain it.

I don't think he'll ever live up to that tag. It was a bit outrageous to begin with esp when we're a team with 2 other goal scorers who will always try to shoot. The good thing is that he is helping the team in other ways. He'll get his goals but I doubt we'll get what he did for Liverpool last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans