9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

Yes, he should have scored more goals from good chances he got, that's a fact we shouldn't discus. However, people seem to focus too much on goals rather than his overall contribution to our team which is beyond remarkable. If you criticize him for things he did wrong, you have to praise him for things he did well which certainly outweigh his lack of scoring IMO. That said, I don't want to imply that you act this way. I just have the feeling that the majority of Culés bash him for not scoring rather than praising him for being an essential part of our team and having an immense impact even without scoring goals.

JamDav1982

Let me explain. One player ( Messi ) is scoring lots of goals and missing few chances. The other ( Suarez ) is scoring very few goals and when he does get chances he's missing them. I'm not criticising him for today's game and I believe he will come through, but until he starts putting away those chance he will get rightfully criticised.

He can get away with missed chances when he starts scoring lots of goals like his 2 buddies up top.

You missed the point of what is being said.

It is not all about him missing chances - his finishing should be better and will improve. But it is peoples reactions to his all round game. As the example I gave he played a brilliant cross field ball and followed it into the box yet all people cared about was the fact the defender blocked his shot.

The stats show he has by far the best assists record in the team in terms of minutes played and as for giving away the ball those stats are not that different to Messi/Neymar. People just barely comment when Messi/Neymar do it and go overboard when Suarez does.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He should be given credit for too, but the fact that we payed some 80M for him will influence many people judgement. I for one recognize that he improved the team very well and we play better with him on the pitch but i hope he creates more and scores more goals. Needs to work on the first touch too and also need to control his anger and frustration, sometimes he shows it too much.

Kerrybai

Yes, he should have scored more goals from good chances he got, that's a fact we shouldn't discus. However, people seem to focus too much on goals rather than his overall contribution to our team which is beyond remarkable. If you criticize him for things he did wrong, you have to praise him for things he did well which certainly outweigh his lack of scoring IMO. That said, I don't want to imply that you act this way. I just have the feeling that the majority of Culés bash him for not scoring rather than praising him for being an essential part of our team and having an immense impact even without scoring goals.

He's having a great impact and I actually rate him above Neymar in terms of creating chances. He finds some great passes to his team- mates... but we need a couple of more things to happen if we want to win La Liga/CL. Those things include Iniesta and the midfield stepping it up and Suarez finding the back of the net more often. Eventually one of his previous sitters will cost us, and more importantly once he starts knocking those he will start knocking them in from all over the pitch.

JamDav1982

He should be given credit for too, but the fact that we payed some 80M for him will influence many people judgement. I for one recognize that he improved the team very well and we play better with him on the pitch but i hope he creates more and scores more goals. Needs to work on the first touch too and also need to control his anger and frustration, sometimes he shows it too much.

Creates more?

He is creating more goals than anyone on the team.

I

instinct

It's understandable that you think that he should score goals. To me, it's not worrying YET. As long as Neymar and Messi continue their ridiculous form (which is down on Suarez too) he can focus on assisting and creating rather than scoring. It becomes a problem when none of our forwards score and he still misses sitters but for now it's fine but I can perfectly understand your point.

footyfan

Calma, calma

It is not all about him missing chances - his finishing should be better and will improve. But it is peoples reactions to his all round game. As the example I gave he played a brilliant cross field ball and followed it into the box yet all people cared about was the fact the defender blocked his shot.

The stats show he has by far the best assists record in the team in terms of minutes played and as for giving away the ball those stats are not that different to Messi/Neymar. People just barely comment when Messi/Neymar do it and go overboard when Suarez does.

It's because there's a difference. Messi and Neymar lose the ball while attempting to create and dribble, or (in Messi's case) trying difficult passes that break the defence. Suarez loses the ball because he forgot how to control it and messes up the simplest of passes.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Creates more?

He is creating more goals than anyone on the team.

Don't let the assists fault you. Some of the assists are pure gifts like the first one against atletico match in the liga. Messi is creating much much more than suarez.

Anyway my opinion is he is doing good right now but he can do better and if i have to rank our 3 forwards he comes 3rd, i have nothing to say on this topic.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

That's just because he's not scoring. People forget it's his 1st season too, and that he's been playing only for 3 months. Henry said it was hard to adapt to Barça, and he also came from the epl. Suarez's price tag gave him the burden of being an instant hit.

JamDav1982

Don't let the assists fault you. Some of the assists are pure gifts like the first one against atletico match in the liga. Messi is creating much much more than suarez.

All players get some lucky assists and that will include Messi.

They are actually creating the same number of chances per game even though Suarez see far less of the ball and has more touches with back to goal.

Suarez is doing an excellent job. He did miss 3 or 4 easy chances since we signed him, but other than that I'm completely sold, it seems clear he will continue to adapt and improve our squad

Alen

I really believe that even in his current form, he is invaluable to us against strong teams. Goals all always wanted from a forward, especially an 80M one, but they are not what we need from him. He is The best CF for this team and has already proven so.
It's not like we are struggling to score goals and we need him to step up. As long as we have messi and Neymar, all he needs to do is play like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans