9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

Me. I don't mind just standing there doing a bit of running for the team so that Messi and Neymar can score. Much cheaper as well. :coffee:

Oh my friend...

giphy.gif

karthik

Just wondering how many players could have controlled that pass made by Leo and instinctively thread an inch perfect throughball to Neymar.

raskolnikov

Judge Suarez after his second season, people are to impatient. We wont be able to buy anyone anyway so he wil get time to prove his worth.
I feel only thing lacking is goals, he should have Benzema number 25/30 goals a season with 15 assists. His overall play and contribution is good enough in most games.

anguy

Maybe we should use him as AM to replace Iniesta,:idea: he'll have more space there, and he could use his shot and passing more. :)

Empty

If we want an AM, we should buy an AM. Pogba would be an absolutely sick choice to take up Iniesta's mantle.

Suarez is a natural CF and can play with his back to goal. His very particular combination of characteristics (determination, insane work-rate, aggression, dribbling, strength, passing ability, holdup play, and decent aerial ability) means nobody else in the world can really replace him. The closest player in functionality is Benzema (right now more technically proficient), who does not have his work-rate and drive.

Think of it like FIFA 15's Ultimate Team system: Suarez in CF, linking up with Neymar and Messi to his sides creates a stronger trident than any other player in the world right now.

FC B

Solid game from Suarez again and a pure brilliant pass to Neymar.. Give the guy time to show his full potential.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

The 10 Assists of Suarez :

1. Neymar @Real Madrid 0-1
2. Neymar @ Almeria 1-1
3. Alba @ Almeria 1-2
4. Rakitic vs Sevilla 3-1
5. Messi vs Espanyol 2-1
6. Messi vs PSG 1-1
7. Neymar vs Elche 1-0
8. Neymar vs Atletico 1-0
9. Messi @ Deportivo 0-2
10. Neymar @ Atletico 1-1

5 of the 10 are to Nerman! Great linkup happening with two players who have played under 15 matches together.

Also of note all his assists are very key in the game as they are either tying goal, go ahead goal or for the two goal cushion. So he isn't just setting up his mates in stat padding time.

Nothing to worry about guys 5 goals and 10 assists in 17 games. Flip those numbers and lets say he has 10 goals and 5 assists we would be over the moon. Realistically he should have around 8 goals with some of the easy ones he's missed but his assists are insane.

To be fair mate a couple of those assists he didn't know were even happening! lol

L

linetty

I thought he was going to explode... I mean three games in one month against Atleti are probably hugely nerve wrecking...

Leo_Messi

His presence alone is benefiting Messi and Neymar a lot. A player of his stature and class will always attract extra attention from the defenders. This leaves more space for Messi, Neymar etc. to exploit.

Eventually he will start scoring regularly again. As I wrote a few days ago then it's better for him and the team that his lack of goals are occurring now when the team is winning rather if the team was struggling overall.

Besides he is assisting a lot of important goals. More than anyone else in the team if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans