9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

All this 'for now' hes a flop.

Simple question - do you wish the club had never signed him for 80m?

That's a very good question. At first I wasn't for his arrival here. Then his work ethic and eagerness changed my mind.
But at the end of a day, considering his age, experience and the price tag, he should have scored more. He needs to be Benzema for our team.

JamDav1982

That's a very good question. At first I wasn't for his arrival here. Then his work ethic and eagerness changed my mind.
But at the end of a day, considering his age, experience and the price tag, he should have scored more. He needs to be Benzema for our team.

So you wish he had never been signed?

serghei

He's not a flop, but not a revelation either. I'm pretty sure everybody expected him to score more. Unless he somehow manages to bag some vital goals until the end of the season, I'd say his numbers don't really match the sum we brought him for. In the end, I want my strikers to score more often than not.

Mitchell1978

He's not a flop, but not a revelation either. I'm pretty sure everybody expected him to score more. Unless he somehow manages to bag some vital goals until the end of the season, I'd say his numbers don't really match the sum we brought him for. In the end, I want my strikers to score more often than not.

Other then his finishing he has done well i think. Give him some more time and in his second season (like Neymar this year) when he has getting used to the playingstyle more he will be better and score more but don't expect 30 league goals from him playing alongside Messi and Neymar.

Rudey

I think he played well. He skipped past a couple of defenders near the end and Sergio put his hands over his head in amazement... Same thing Gudjohnsen did when Messi scored that goal against Villareal. People need to be patient, he has the confidence.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's a good question. I think keeping Alexis and using that 80m to get a top quality CB, CM and RB would've been wiser.

Could've got a quality CB regardless of that. Mehdi Benatia went to Bayern for 26m........ We chased Marquinhos all summer long and offered in the excess of 40m for him, which proves that we were willing to pay enough for a quality CB, but instead what happened? We ended up paying 10m(+ incentives) for Vermaelen

CM would have been difficult unless they were ready to break the bank. It seems like they were for Koke, but he rejected our offer, he said so himself.

jj_101

Barca fans are the biggest Jekyll and Hyde fans on the planet. I really wish he would have stayed at Liverpool. He had several bad games there and went through all kinds of controversey, but the support was immense. When he scored he celebrated with his heart. He had the freedom to be himself. Playing with Messi and Newmar is like playing with shackles for Suarez. Barca's attack is so tedious and slow. It doesn't suit Suarez at all.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You haven't been watching Barca last month or so. We've been playing faster and more direct than ever before.
There's less space in La Liga generally and particularly for Barca whose opposition usually sit deep.

Bucky

Penya Member
... Playing with Messi and Newmar is like playing with shackles for Suarez. Barca's attack is so tedious and slow. It doesn't suit Suarez at all.

Blah blah blah, random gibber jabber, blah blah blah. OK playing with Messi & Neymar is putting shackles on Suárez... errr.. no. He is no longer the lone striker like he was at Liverpool. The limelight & burden is no longer on his shoulders alone, just look at Liverpool now without him, really struggling & are a shadow of what they were last season. Now he has the options to pass the ball and assist two of the most talented players in the World. He is also given service and atm yet finding his feet. Hoping it'll come sooner rather than later admittedly.

Barça's attack is slow & tedious, do you actually watch Barça games? There is some truth in the build up and we all know why it happens like it does - every single team we play park's that bus hard. It becomes a game of wearing them down, tiring them out, looking for a break through. If we have the opportunity to counter (which is rare because we're the ones usually in possession of the ball) occurs you can bet they'll be gunning it. The other week Alba ran the length of the pitch in 10 seconds! Which resulted in a goal, believe it was an assist for Neymar. Another when all 3 of the trident that is Messi to Suárez then putting the through ball into Neymar which lead to another goal. Just got voted goal of the month.

Laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans