9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question. I think keeping Alexis and using that 80m to get a top quality CB, CM and RB would've been wiser.

we sold alexis for over 40M euros
Im confident Luisito's goal ratio will improve. He just has to have hit rock bottom in that department in his first four months or so (including breaks) (ban remember)

jj_101

Blah blah blah, random gibber jabber, blah blah blah. OK playing with Messi & Neymar is putting shackles on Suárez... errr.. no. He is no longer the lone striker like he was at Liverpool. The limelight & burden is no longer on his shoulders alone, just look at Liverpool now without him, really struggling & are a shadow of what they were last season. Now he has the options to pass the ball and assist two of the most talented players in the World. He is also given service and atm yet finding his feet. Hoping it'll come sooner rather than later admittedly.

Barça's attack is slow & tedious, do you actually watch Barça games? There is some truth in the build up and we all know why it happens like it does - every single team we play park's that bus hard. It becomes a game of wearing them down, tiring them out, looking for a break through. If we have the opportunity to counter (which is rare because we're the ones usually in possession of the ball) occurs you can bet they'll be gunning it. The other week Alba ran the length of the pitch in 10 seconds! Which resulted in a goal, believe it was an assist for Neymar. Another when all 3 of the trident that is Messi to Suárez then putting the through ball into Neymar which lead to another goal. Just got voted goal of the month.

Laughable.
Suarez was not a lone striker for many games. Sturridge scored 25 goals in the league last year. And Liverpool are currently 3 points off third place with seven wins and three draws in the last 10 games. Barca's tactics are to play into the parked buses with countless passes around the bus hoping one of the wheels will fall off at some point. And every team knows it. If they can maintain their structure and composure for the 90 minutes, they know they have their best chance to take some points. They bank on Barca not having a different approach. The goal of the month you speak of is Barca playing to the trident's strength, something they should do more of. Unfortunately you can count these type of attacks on one hand.

CuleLife4Life

Liverpool have actually finally gotten over losing Luis. Rodgers has adjusted their style to finally fir the pieces he has without Suarez and they've finally done well and are challenging for CL.

I don't regret having him but at the same time Flavia is right. Unless he scores the winner in CL final, the money would have been better spent elsewhere.

jj_101

'Unless he scores the winner in CL final, the money would have been better spent elsewhere.'

Yea. If Barca win the CL and Suarez only sets up all the goals in the final, then he was a complete waste of money.

Ocelot

Liverpool have actually finally gotten over losing Luis. Rodgers has adjusted their style to finally fir the pieces he has without Suarez and they've finally done well and are challenging for CL.

I don't regret having him but at the same time Flavia is right. Unless he scores the winner in CL final, the money would have been better spent elsewhere.

For CL qualification :D

I

instinct

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry but I know for sure that this is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in a while. Sorry.

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry but I know for sure that this is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in a while. Sorry.

All it needed was 1 bad result after 11 consecutive wins for people asking for Iniesta's head and labeling Suarez a flop who just 2 days ago was supposedly better than Eto'o. :lol: Certainly the major downside of supporting a big brand like Barca. It attracts all sorts of weirdos with all sort of weird opinions on forums and social plattforms who feel their bragging rights are threatened if their favourite team doesn't dominate. On the other hand it makes for great amusement reading through the various individual meltdowns. So there is the positive.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
luis is better suited to tommorow's type of game compared to a frustrating small team that parks the bus.

I agree. Luis isn't as good at playing quick passes through tight markers as he is at playing a more expansive game where he can turn people and get into some space.

el chilenito

I think the main problem people have of suarez is his price tag and why he was brought at that price in the first place instead of reinforcing the main problems of midfield and defense. He has not been a revalation/gamechanger so far but he also has not been a complete flop either. At the moment he is someone who is just complimenting the attack, not a bad thing but he is not adding that much more bite to the attack that we had with sanchez in his final season. Neymar and messi are not doing better just because of suarez, that's just clasping at straws, those two will continue to do their magic no matter who the third person is. Messi is doing the same he has always done but now he is playing more on the right wing which gives him alot more space and less men to dribble around, neymar is doing better because lets face it we knew he was going to explode into an awesome player for us just needed time and settling in to do. suarez will never be the problem to the teams flaws,the reality of the matter is he wont be the solution either not due to his abilities and class etc but because the barca attack was never the thing that needed fixing, buying him was like a luxury not a necessity, very nice to have him though despite his punchable face lol. Our piorities should have been focused on rb and a holding midfield. The midfield used to be our strong suit but now its just posession without purpose. Saying that i do wish suarez scores tommorow .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans