9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
MOTM performance. If he can play like this in all of the upcoming big games and later in the CL then we have every change of getting results.

DrPepper

Yep. Great performance and well deserved goals. Such a joy to watch recently.

Still, it feels that he doesn't take full responsibility yet. Every time he has the chance to make a square pass in front of goal, he does it instead of shooting himself. Like last week against Granada when instead of shooting into an empty net he passed it to Messi and same this match (twice even). I couldn't imagine the Liverpool Suarez doing that all the time.

Ofc that's just nitpicking on a otherwise brilliant performance. He hasn't reached maximum level yet and it's scary to imagine how good he'll be then. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Gaudi

We were looking for this kind of striker for some time now. I guess Ibra was brought for that purpose but Suarez moves 3x more. Trully a great trio we have.

JamDav1982

We were looking for this kind of striker for some time now. I guess Ibra was brought for that purpose but Suarez moves 3x more. Trully a great trio we have.

Yeah, if you watch the Messi movie there is a bit where they talk about all the top class strikers that have struggled to realise how much they have to give up to Messi - Ibra, Villa, even Etoo still wanted to be main man.

Suarez has perfect balance of being ultimate team player, good finisher, good passer and makes unselfish plays to open up for team mates.

Above all that he has an infectious attitude that spreads - I love seeing how much he enjoys a goal he has played no real part in.

khaled_a_d

Yeah, if you watch the Messi movie there is a bit where they talk about all the top class strikers that have struggled to realise how much they have to give up to Messi - Ibra, Villa, even Etoo still wanted to be main man.

Suarez has perfect balance of being ultimate team player, good finisher, good passer and makes unselfish plays to open up for team mates.

Above all that he has an infectious attitude that spreads - I love seeing how much he enjoys a goal he has played no real part in.

It is true with Ibra but Eto and Villa?come on now
Eto never wanted to be the main man .on the Pitch Eto was always a player willing to make sacrifices for the team ,done it with Rijkaard ,Pep & Mourinho .played to the right/left or even in a more defensive role if he is asked to .ultimate team player on the pitch .will likable by his teammates off the pitch too but not quite as much by his coaches though not as trouble maker as some want to believe
Villa also played his role perfectly ,people forget how gr8 and how the flowy and smooth our offense was with him b4 his injury
We missed a true 9 who can freely move with the flow of the game since Villa got injured ,non of Neymar/Cesc/Tello/Pedro/Cuenca/Alexis was that guy

Last edited:

Frodo_FCB

His finishing is back, his running off the ball is amazing and he never stops pressing. He is a key player that was missing from our team.

JamDav1982

It is true with Ibra but Eto and Villa?come on now
Eto never wanted to be the main man .on the Pitch Eto was always a player willing to make sacrifices for the team ,done it with Rijkaard ,Pep & Mourinho .played to the right/left or even in a more defensive role if he is asked to .ultimate team player on the pitch .will likable by his teammates off the pitch too but not quite as much by his coaches though not as trouble maker as some want to believe
Villa also played his role perfectly ,people forget how gr8 and how the flawy and smooth our offense was with him b4 his injury
We missed a true 9 who can freely move with the flaw of the game since Villa got injured ,non of Neymar/Cesc/Tello/Pedro/Cuenca/Alexis was that guy

Guardiola had a big problem with Etoo playing selfishly to try and get the pichichi I am sure can remember.

Villa played well for Barca but more or less played as his own man, never really changing his individual game to help Messi. You could see the number of times Messi got frustrated by him.

Both great players no doubt for Barca but did not give as much to Messi as Suarez does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans