9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevoTeller

Henry was better than Etoo.

I loved Etoo but Henry was the better striker.

I said I didn't want to go off-topic, but I promise this the last time I do it. :p
I wrote that in 2006 Henry and Eto'o were the best strikers (to be fair, even Shevchenko was around and must be mentioned): in fact, I think Henry had more class than Eto'o, and when in his prime, I think in the last decade he has been second only to the real Ronaldo in overall class and talent; but Eto'o was still superb as well, and despite not having Henry level of pure class, he was much more decisive than Henry in important matches (see 2006 CL final, for example).
The fact of being decisive at the highest levels has always been a thing I find fundamental in a world class striker, and Eto'o showed many times not to be second to no one at that.

FC B

His finishing is back, his running off the ball is amazing and he never stops pressing. He is a key player that was missing from our team.

I wish he could have joined the team back in the 2011-2012 season. Proably would have won that CL tournament.

jamrock

Eto'o was easily one of the top 3 strikers in world football when fit, and infinity more clutch that Henry. their is a reason i called him Mr big shot during his barca career

look at his career for club and country and count the amount of big goals he scored.

henry had more talent. but eto'o was a beast and also came up with the goods.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
There was a lot of criticism of Suarez early and questions as to the worth of his fee, and his signing etc etc.

How do you like him now?! :coffee:

JamDav1982

Eto'o was easily one of the top 3 strikers in world football when fit, and infinity more clutch that Henry. their is a reason i called him Mr big shot during his barca career

look at his career for club and country and count the amount of big goals he scored.

henry had more talent. but eto'o was a beast and also came up with the goods.

Henry was always rated higher than Etoo.

I guess this 'more clutch' idea is based purely on CL finals.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
JamDav in top form this morning. Irritating folks left and right.

He's right about Henry and Eto'o though. Eto'o was a great scorer, he could score multiple ways, and had a great skill-set to do so. But both Henry and Suarez are superior overall footballers.

serghei

Henry was superior to Eto'o, but not in his time at Barca. Don't know about Suarez, he doesn't have that many achievements. As far as Barcelona is concerned, Eto'o is a legend whose status won't be reached anytime soon by a classic 9. The man was a beast and he played a vital part in the recent history of our club. Suarez is hot at the moment, but Eto'o was something else. Now, if Suarez will be the lead goalscorer of the club and will score in two CL finals, that could change.

Bottom line Eto'o > Suarez for me until further evidence. Both great strikers.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Henry was superior to Eto'o, but not in his time at Barca. Don't know about Suarez, he doesn't have that many achievements. As far as Barcelona is concerned, Eto'o is a legend whose status won't be reached anytime soon by a classic 9. The man was a beast and he played a vital part in the recent history of our club. Suarez is hot at the moment, but Eto'o was something else. Now, if Suarez will be the lead goalscorer of the club and will score in two CL finals, that could change.

Bottom line Eto'o > Suarez for me until further evidence. Both great strikers.

Obviously only speaking talent-wise. Career-wise, at Club level, Eto'o arguably had the best of the lot. Eto'o won 3 UCLs.

Talent-wise though, both Henry and Suarez are the better footballers. More technically skilled, better creatively.

Devils

Well it's great to see that he is ascending to the level at which we know he is capable of.

When he reaches it, no doubts that he is the world's most elite striker.

That performance today was scintillating, world class on all levels.

FC B

Brilliant game. If it weren't for those few misses it would have been a God like performance from Luis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans