9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
so, you gonna admit he's not suited to our team because he plays centrally? or do I haveta bring it up a few more times?

not denying his class, especially lately where he's been ballin' out of his fuckin' mind, but it'd be a huge risk to try and assimilate him into our Trident, just like Aguero and just like Rossi.

And do I haveta bring up a few more times:

He has experience playing as a side forward in a 4-3-3 from Ajax

He has played in virtually every forward position imaginable for Uruguay

He's a much, much, much better passer than Aguero or Rossi. In fact he's a better passer than Villa.

He has an insane work rate. Aguero and Rossi don't defend, Suarez, like Villa, does.

We don't need him, but with the fetish every Barca fan has for selling Villa, he would be above and beyond the perfect replacement for Villa.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
GNURJ.gif

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
And do I haveta bring up a few more times:

He has experience playing as a side forward in a 4-3-3 from Ajax

He has played in virtually every forward position imaginable for Uruguay

yes and he has only really excelled as a central forward.

it's not about having experience playing there, it's about where he looks most natural. and he does his best work in the middle. his has great horizontal freedom and that is part of why he excels, but he's nearly always putting in work centrally.

Villa and Henry did their best work coming from left-to-middle. so while it may not have been fully natural for them to play wide-forward (they had to adapt to working that hard) they were never really doing much, offensively, that they hadn't been doing their whole career.

that is the difference.

He's a much, much, much better passer than Aguero or Rossi. In fact he's a better passer than Villa.

He has an insane work rate. Aguero and Rossi don't defend, Suarez, like Villa, does.

it's really not about who is better at this or that. I know these people talk about it in dick-measuring terms, but that's not what I'm talking about. Suarez is clearly a superior player to Rossi, and while he lacks Aguero's skill, he is more consistent and hard-working. in terms of attributes, he's way ahead of them in his "Barça-ness." but that doesn't matter to me.

We don't need him, but with the fetish every Barca fan has for selling Villa, he would be above and beyond the perfect replacement for Villa.

Neymar is better fit to replace Villa as he is a forward who starts wide and comes central. we know that if we put him out there, it will be natural for him. he will feel right at home and will only need to work on the defensive side of his game, whereas Suarez would have to adapt to playing without the kind of horizontal freedom he has used to excel.

I have no doubt he could play well for us. but if we're talking about "perfect" replacements I think there are better choices out there.

jamrock

---Suarez---Messi---Neymar

Better than all, just to join the fun.

Think Suarez is a more complete player the sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans