9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

estranged

yea perhaps fox in the box was the wrong phrase, but he's a great finisher and an opportunist of the highest order, that's more of what I meant.

Hatem Ben Arfa

yea perhaps fox in the box was the wrong phrase, but he's a great finisher and an opportunist of the highest order, that's more of what I meant.

I'm glad you admitted fox in the box was the wrong phrase. I was about to question how long you have been watching football for.

Higuain is the very definition of a fox in the box. his link up play is almost no existent, and he does not create anything for himself or his teammates. his nothing but a player that makes good runs, one touch out and bang puts it in the net.

Suarez (spit on the floor as I say his name), is much much much more than a fox in the box. He creates for his teammates, he can create goals by himself, he can go past a man or two with the ball and he can finish from many angles and distances. I agree with you on his technique for very fast one-twos and intricate link up play with Messi at pace in very close quarters, I'm not yet convinced he's capable of that yet, despite him being an exceptional player.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
:lol: @ posting videos to prove that he has good technique. perhaps I should have predicted that unfortunately many don't have such great ability to analyse beyond black and white.

Dead serious son. I've been watching him since the beginning of the 2009/10 season, can the same be said about you? did you know him before WC10? I knew somebody would come up with that Man Utd video to try and make a point about his technique, he has scored loads of golazos, as will any striker with a goal scoring rate like his, but it still doesn't say anything about his technique. I can post a video of player x scoring a couple of great goals to make a statement about his overall ability, but I just can't let myself be that much a of a simpleton ;) He has nowhere near enough technique for Barca, he's slow (don't know how this is debatebale? the guy seriously lacks pace) and his first touch is pretty heavy.

What I admire about him is his mental toughness and that he knows better than any other footballer on the planet about what it takes to win and I give him credit him for that but please don't suggest for a second he's Barca material. He's a fox in the box and can see a goal scoring opportunity before it's there (trait of a great striker) and he's mentally tough but it takes a lot more than that to be Barca material, if he were to play for Barca he'd be faced with parked buses and equally cuntish opponents week in week out, at Liverpool he has a lot more freedom in regards to the opposition he faces week in week out and a lot room to prove himself than he ever will at Barca.

IMO it would be best for him to spend the rest of his career at Liverpool, a move to any technically superior club/league would do him no good. I'd rate Higuain head and shoulders above this guy.

I don't know how you could have been watching him for years when your description of him is pretty much the opposite of the truth. A player with a heavy first touch who is only good as an opportunistic goal scorer? :lol: Are you sure you weren't confusing him with Huntelaar at Ajax?

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
:lol: @ posting videos to prove that he has good technique. perhaps I should have predicted that unfortunately many don't have such great ability to analyse beyond black and white.

Dead serious son. I've been watching him since the beginning of the 2009/10 season, can the same be said about you? did you know him before WC10? I knew somebody would come up with that Man Utd video to try and make a point about his technique, he has scored loads of golazos, as will any striker with a goal scoring rate like his, but it still doesn't say anything about his technique. I can post a video of player x scoring a couple of great goals to make a statement about his overall ability, but I just can't let myself be that much a of a simpleton ;) He has nowhere near enough technique for Barca, he's slow (don't know how this is debatebale? the guy seriously lacks pace) and his first touch is pretty heavy.

What I admire about him is his mental toughness and that he knows better than any other footballer on the planet about what it takes to win and I give him credit him for that but please don't suggest for a second he's Barca material. He's a fox in the box and can see a goal scoring opportunity before it's there (trait of a great striker) and he's mentally tough but it takes a lot more than that to be Barca material, if he were to play for Barca he'd be faced with parked buses and equally cuntish opponents week in week out, at Liverpool he has a lot more freedom in regards to the opposition he faces week in week out and a lot room to prove himself than he ever will at Barca.

IMO it would be best for him to spend the rest of his career at Liverpool, a move to any technically superior club/league would do him no good. I'd rate Higuain head and shoulders above this guy.

This whole 'I've been watching longer than you have' bullshit adds nothing to your arguments, anyone can claim anything on an online forum.
:lol: at asking if I knew him before the WC. Don't know what kind of football fans you're associated with but even knowing Suarez before WC10 is no big deal really.

What I know is based on your analysis of Suarez, it seems to me that you don't watch him at a regular basis, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here that sees that.

You're describing him as if he's Mario Gomez, as if he's a number 9. Your description couldn't be further from reality. Anyone who watches Liverpool, or previously Ajax, will tell you that Suarez is anything but a number 9. Suarez creates his own chances, he uses his superior technical abilities to create space for himself. If he didn't have an excellent first touch and vision he wouldn't be able to create so much space for himself and be Liverpools focal point in all their offense.

You're basically saying that a technically inferior, slow striker with a lousy first touch and no vision is the man that's making everything happen for Liverpool, they're go-to man.
A striker lacking in all those departments can't possibly be any team's go to man.

I don't who you've been watching son but it ain't Luis.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
And if you really want to have that kind of dick measuring contest, I've followed Suarez's career since he went to Ajax.

E

estranged

I somehow feel you're trying to settle a score from another thread but here goes anyway:

This whole 'I've been watching longer than you have' bullshit adds nothing to your arguments, anyone can claim anything on an online forum.
What in gods name are you on about now? I only brought it up because you asked how long I've been watching him, and when i give you an answer you give me some crap lecture about 'This whole 'I've been watching longer than you have' bullshit adds nothing to your arguments'.

What I know is based on your analysis of Suarez, it seems to me that you don't watch him at a regular basis, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here that sees that.
I do watch him on a regular basis, I think I should have been more eloquent in the way I put my argument forward.

You're describing him as if he's Mario Gomez, as if he's a number 9. Your description couldn't be further from reality. Anyone who watches Liverpool, or previously Ajax, will tell you that Suarez is anything but a number 9. Suarez creates his own chances, he uses his superior technical abilities to create space for himself. If he didn't have an excellent first touch and vision he wouldn't be able to create so much space for himself and be Liverpools focal point in all their offense.

"Liverpools focal point" :lol: Liverpools other focal points are charlie adam and stuart downing :lol: i'm saying liverpool are shit, and being their focal point doesn't take much doing.

being able to create space for himself doesn't mean he has good vision. technically superior? technically superior to who? superior to WBA or Wigan? then yea, technically superior as in Barca/Real standards? fuck no. he would never be able to replicate that form at barca, not in a million years

You're basically saying that a technically inferior, slow striker with a lousy first touch and no vision is the man that's making everything happen for Liverpool, they're go-to man.
A striker lacking in all those departments can't possibly be any team's go to man.
Yes he's technically inferior (for Barca standards at least) and has shit vision.
I don't know what the fuck a 'go-to man' is but i can try and guess what you mean. yes, Liverpool's 'go to man' can be a very shit player since their standards are not very high, I mean this is a team with charlie adam as its creative player and lukas as DM :lol: (no offense liverpool fans)

Wake me up when he does this in a team other than Liverpool or Ajax(great clubs o fcourse but not in recent times.)

And if you really want to have that kind of dick measuring contest, I've followed Suarez's career since he went to Ajax.

I only brought it up because some annoying charlatans always like to play the "OH DUDE YOU AIN'T BEEN WATCHING FOOTIE FOR LONG HAVE YA" card when they themselves don't watch shit but feel the need to comment on everything and point at others with their small dicks (not u but CD for example)

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Wouldn't the fact that he plays for a shit team like Liverpool actually strengthen the idea that he has technique and vision? A fox in the box type of player would be useless on a team with no other creative players, yet Suarez has constantly been able to create his own goals without any help from his useless teammates.

And another team, you mean like Uruguay? The 4th best national team in the world, where he was the second best attacking player in a World Cup 4th place finish, and more or less carried Uruguay's attack to win the Copa America?

Manuel Traquete

I've followed Suarez since his Ajax years and there's no doubt that he's a brilliant player, an incredibly complete forward. He can both score more than one goal per game during a season (2009/2010) or take a more creative role in the team (Uruguay and now Liverpool). He's very good on the ball, great vision and passing. He should definitely be one of the world's top forwards for the next many years.

Besides, one of his greatest qualities is that he's indestructible. In all his years at Ajax and now at Liverpool, I don't remember him ever getting injured, his fitness is unreal.

As for him joining Barca, well I don't think we need him, but if he comes he'll definitely be welcomed. Great player, can easily excel in any of the three attacking slots. He often played for Ajax just like a day after travelling from Uruguay on national team duty.

E

estranged

And another team, you mean like Uruguay? The 4th best national team in the world, where he was the second best attacking player in a World Cup 4th place finish, and more or less carried Uruguay's attack to win the Copa America?

you know well that the standard of international football is way below that of competitive club football, i mean it must be of low standard if a shitty player like cesc can provide an assist in the final and win the whole thing :)

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I somehow feel you're trying to settle a score from another thread but here goes anyway:

What in gods name are you on about now? I only brought it up because you asked how long I've been watching him, and when i give you an answer you give me some crap lecture about 'This whole 'I've been watching longer than you have' bullshit adds nothing to your arguments'.

I do watch him on a regular basis, I think I should have been more eloquent in the way I put my argument forward.

"Liverpools focal point" :lol: Liverpools other focal points are charlie adam and stuart downing :lol: i'm saying liverpool are shit, and being their focal point doesn't take much doing.

being able to create space for himself doesn't mean he has good vision. technically superior? technically superior to who? superior to WBA or Wigan? then yea, technically superior as in Barca/Real standards? fuck no. he would never be able to replicate that form at barca, not in a million years

Yes he's technically inferior (for Barca standards at least) and has shit vision.
I don't know what the fuck a 'go-to man' is but i can try and guess what you mean. yes, Liverpool's 'go to man' can be a very shit player since their standards are not very high, I mean this is a team with charlie adam as its creative player and lukas as DM :lol: (no offense liverpool fans)

Wake me up when he does this in a team other than Liverpool or Ajax(great clubs o fcourse but not in recent times.)

Yawn...

You do realize the fact that Liverpool's other focal points being shit makes it more impressive that Suarez is able to do what he does right?

So other than saying Liverpool are shit, which actually doesn't help your case, you haven't provided a single solid argument backing your outlandish claims that he is nothing more than a number 9...

If you honestly think I'm settling a score forget about me and go see why other members find your description and analysis of Suarez very odd...

Oh I noticed you have claimed I have a small dick, how manly.

Not everyone who argues with you has a small dick son, and no I never said "OH DUDE YOU AIN'T BEEN WATCHING FOOTIE FOR LONG HAVE YA" so don't know what your on about but it seems you have a personal problem with me and feel the need to attack me instead arguing the subject so I'll leave it at that

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
you know well that the standard of international football is way below that of competitive club football, i mean it must be of low standard if a shitty player like cesc can provide an assist in the final and win the whole thing :)

And Fernando Torres scored the Euro winner, plus I've always said Cesc makes a great attacking super-sub, but that's another story.

One nice play is not the same as what Suarez did in the Copa America, where he was absolutely dominant.

Barcilliant

Suarez can and would adapt to Barca. It would be different but he is good enough and smart enough to play in this team. Sanchez, Messi and Suarez in the front line would have many teams waving the white flag before kick off.

At Liverpool he is a one man player. Yes, he is not the quickest-Physically but mentally he is always 2 steps ahed and he creates AND scores because of that. Now look at true number 9's like Torres, Carroll and Higuain. Everything has to be served on a platter for them. Without any service they are useless. Surez is the opposite.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Scores? Yes, that's why Liverpool fans are getting annoyed now.. guess why? He hasn't scored many this season... Let's hope it continues.

he's a decent player though.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Thank you for admitting to us that you don't actually watch football.

so, you gonna admit he's not suited to our team because he plays centrally? or do I haveta bring it up a few more times?

not denying his class, especially lately where he's been ballin' out of his fuckin' mind, but it'd be a huge risk to try and assimilate him into our Trident, just like Aguero and just like Rossi.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
One nice play is not the same as what Suarez did in the Copa America, where he was absolutely dominant.

dominant? fuck outta here.

Coates was dominant. Lugano was dominant. Muslera, Caceres, Rios, Maxi, Perez... these motherfuckers were dominant.

Alvaro, Suarez and Forlan took turns in being the dominant force in attack. and for sure of those 3 Suarez was the most impressive (although Forlan running a game through set-pieces against Argentina was some next-level shit) but Uruguay won that tournament off the back of their superbly coached defence.

that said I agree he had a (much) better Copa than Torres did Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans