9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiny Kim

The stats say 1 assist, but that step-over for Neymar's goal should count as an assist as well IMO. Never mind his ever-present hard-work on the pitch, he could've had 3 more assists - Neymar should've had a hat-trick and Messi should have 1 more goal. The goal-scoring chances and space he creates for his teammates cannot and should not be overlooked, ever.

Stric

Seriously, though, apart from complete selflessness, which is extremely rare on its own, such a move also takes a high level of creativity and intelligence. He's been displaying all of the above mentioned. Well done, Luis, well done. Hats off.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He had so many good passes and moves that put his mates in good positions. A shame neither of them returned the favor. Suarez deserved to score tonight.
Clearly MotM for me.

I remember a while back ppl here saying Barca overpaid for Suarez. I wonder if they still think the same? For me I woulda paid even more if we had to. Love suarez and love this team from top to bottom. Even Douglas :douglas:

StarLord

@BBZ

Luis Suarez, league stats:

12/13 (Liverpool - 7th in EPL)

33 apps 23 goals 11 assists (penaldos scored: zero) minutes played: 2953

13/14 (Liverpool - 2nd in EPL)

33 apps 31 goals 21 assists (penaldos scored: zero) minutes played: 2962

14/15 (FC Barcelona - still in progress)

24 apps 11 goals 12 assists (penaldos scored: zero) minutes played: 1899

Eto'o league stats (his 3 best seasons for FCB)

04/05 (Liga Champions)

37 apps 25 goals 6 assists (3 penaldos) minutes played: 3122 (transfermarkt says that he scored 24 and assisted only 2 that season, idk who is right)

05/06 (Liga and CL champions)

35 apps 26 goals 5 assists (1 penaldo) minutes played: 3016 (transfermarkt says 6 assists)

08/09 (Liga, Copa and CL champions)

36 apps 30 goals 5 assists (1 penaldo) minutes played: 2933

raskolnikov

I think of Eto'o being the better finisher while Suarez is better at assists. Suarez is also smarter, hard to say if he is better though, Eto'o is a legend. He isnt worse though for sure, lets hope he can have teh same impact on Barca as Eto'o.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I remember a while back ppl here saying Barca overpaid for Suarez. I wonder if they still think the same? For me I woulda paid even more if we had to. Love suarez and love this team from top to bottom. Even Douglas :douglas:

Good times are back. This is just as good as the pep years.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Good times are back. This is just as good as the pep years.

Lol, no.
Pep's team produced the most elegant and beautiful football I've ever seen, one of the best teams in the history of the sport.
We may win the treble but it will not be the same.
It's ok too, we need to let our team move from the shadow of Pep's team, to get their own character.

Stric

Lol, no.
Pep's team produced the most elegant and beautiful football I've ever seen, one of the best teams in the history of the sport.
We may win the treble but it will not be the same.
It's ok too, we need to let our team move from the shadow of Pep's team, to get their own character.

The bolded part is crucial. Pep's Barca won 14 titles. Let's not get ahead of ourselves before we've secured a single trophy. One slip and we might lose La Liga. The the rest of the CL is arguably harder than ever. The CdR is our easiest goal, and there's still a final to play.

StarLord

The legendary trident of Messi-Eto'o-Henry scored 99 goals in 145 apps. That was of course the Treble winning season of 08/09.

The almost equally legendary trident of Messi-Villa-Pedro scored 98 goals in 160 apps. This was the CL+Liga winning season of 10/11.

The Nuclear Trident of Messi-Suarez-Neymar have scored 97 goals in just 126 apps. We have at least 8 games to go still, maybe 9. Let's hope we can at least win the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans