9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter

People shouldn't be surprised how good suarez is. There is a reason Liverpool fans called him the most naturally gifted player the club has ever had.
I think everyone knew how good he was in Liverpool. But I have still been surprised considering it's his first season here, and you don't get as much space in Barcelona as you do in Premier League in general. He has been way better than expected imo.

Heavy

People laughed at me when I said MSN would be the best trio to watch anywhere in the world.

I haven't told anyone but it will be the best in history of any sports. :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was first linked to Barcelona back at Ajax and the times I saw him, he looked little like the player he is today or was with Liverpool...I decided to watch him more last season due to how much hype there was on him and I was absolutely stunned at his quality - no idea his game was so expansive & skilled....He was always the cheat to me but I saw so many amazing moments with him at Liverpool last season

Of course, as I remarked earlier in the season you never quite know how these sort of transfers will work out - in theory, Suarez had the potential to provide the sort of center forward partnership with Leo & Neymar that we all felt would make it the most superlative attack possible but it was a proposition fraught with peril considering his mental past

Better than I envisioned and I continue to believe it's the best attacking trident the club has had, perhaps ever

L

linetty

I think everyone knew how good he was in Liverpool. But I have still been surprised considering it's his first season here, and you don't get as much space in Barcelona as you do in Premier League in general. He has been way better than expected imo.
What are those games in your signature supossed to mean?

Galaxyman

People shouldn't be surprised how good suarez is. There is a reason Liverpool fans called him the most naturally gifted player the club has ever had.

Suarez blew me away at Liverpool & Ajax. Like...every single week. But also, to me, he also stands out in international football. And that's where IMO the real all-time global legends really shine. His performance in 2010 was amazing. In the next Copa America, he left me speechless when he outplayed Messi/Neymar/Aguero and Falcao to pick up the "Copa America Best player of the Tournament" award (+ the cup of course). If that wasn't enough, what he did in 2014 vs. England is stuff of legends. Stuff people will tell their grand kids about.

I've run out of superlatives for this guy. I think he could really become 1 of the true greats of all time. He's done it at literally every level. Regardless of how weak his team him.

raskolnikov

Suarez is kept more in line at Barca imo, he is a lot calmer and modest. Not that he is arrogant or anything but he is extremely passionate and it doesnt show. It shows a little with some dives, pressing and quality goals but the insane genius of before is way more modest/quiet at Barca. Way less selfish attempts, less yelling/cursing at teammates and definitely less anger towards opponents.
Maybe its cause we win 95% of the time? When things arent going as planned there is Always the risk Suarez snaps, maybe he wont bite but the old Suarez will definitely come out more if Barca is struggling and the opponent is tough.

Tiny Kim

With Liverpool, Suarez had to pretty much carry the whole team each and every game. He had to play with the likes of Poulsen, Konchesky, Spearing, Adam, Downing, Allen, Carroll, etc. week in week out. In several games, he'd work extremely hard to score a goal only for the inept defenders to concede moments later. I think a lot of world-class players would lose their cool from time to time had they been made to constantly carry mediocre players in a mid-table team with the national media doing their best to get rid of you.

I remember a Europa League game where Liverpool had to score 3 goals at home against Zenit to move into the semi-finals. Suarez played out of his skin to score 2 wonderful goals and yet was let down again by his team conceding a goal early and they were knocked out. He was in tears that night. The only other game I saw him cry was the Crystal Palace game last season where his team managed to concede 3 goals in less than 15 minutes, throwing away their 3-0 lead and ending any hope of winning the PL title then and there.

With Barca that pressure is pretty much gone, or at least reduced by a huge amount. Not claiming that he won't lose his cool again, but I feel that now he no longer needs to push himself to the brink of insanity to achieve something. The weight of the team doesn't rest squarely on his shoulders anymore, and so maybe just maybe we won't see him lose his head like previously from here on out.

Barcalove

Banned
With Liverpool, Suarez had to pretty much carry the whole team each and every game. He had to play with the likes of Poulsen, Konchesky, Spearing, Adam, Downing, Allen, Carroll, etc. week in week out. In several games, he'd work extremely hard to score a goal only for the inept defenders to concede moments later. I think a lot of world-class players would lose their cool from time to time had they been made to constantly carry mediocre players in a mid-table team with the national media doing their best to get rid of you.

I remember a Europa League game where Liverpool had to score 3 goals at home against Zenit to move into the semi-finals. Suarez played out of his skin to score 2 wonderful goals and yet was let down again by his team conceding a goal early and they were knocked out. He was in tears that night. The only other game I saw him cry was the Crystal Palace game last season where his team managed to concede 3 goals in less than 15 minutes, throwing away their 3-0 lead and ending any hope of winning the PL title then and there.

With Barca that pressure is pretty much gone, or at least reduced by a huge amount. Not claiming that he won't lose his cool again, but I feel that now he no longer needs to push himself to the brink of insanity to achieve something. The weight of the team doesn't rest squarely on his shoulders anymore, and so maybe just maybe we won't see him lose his head like previously from here on out.
This is a quality that i really apreciate, in the day the team doesnt work, Suarez can save it, he is like a hero lol always showing up when you need the most, what he did in the UCL and in that last Classico, should be in history and i hope he can stay at barça for many years.

mark1nhu

Suarez is kept more in line at Barca imo, he is a lot calmer and modest. Not that he is arrogant or anything but he is extremely passionate and it doesnt show. It shows a little with some dives, pressing and quality goals but the insane genius of before is way more modest/quiet at Barca. Way less selfish attempts, less yelling/cursing at teammates and definitely less anger towards opponents.
Maybe its cause we win 95% of the time? When things arent going as planned there is Always the risk Suarez snaps, maybe he wont bite but the old Suarez will definitely come out more if Barca is struggling and the opponent is tough.

As I said before in this thread, I just can't imagine how frustrating it was for him to past so many years struggling with a ridiculous team like Liverpool.

I think we will never see that bad guy Suarez again. We always win something.

raskolnikov

As I said before in this thread, I just can't imagine how frustrating it was for him to past so many years struggling with a ridiculous team like Liverpool.

I think we will never see that bad guy Suarez again. We always win something.
I liked Liverpool last season, sure their defence was a joke but Gerrard was still very decent and SSS was on fire and fun to watch.
I agree though that there is less struggle to win trophies and games at Barca. I hope he doesnt ever bite, would be such a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans