9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessiNeymar

Should rest him need him for copa del rey and cl more. If we can't beat deportivo without suarez starting that's pretty embarrassing

We should be able to beat Atleti without Suarez... Pedro is not that bad of a player and I would rate him as highly as some of the Atleti players.. + we still have Messi and Neymar

Co0ter

Absolutely rest him vs Atletico, they are a really physical team. The CL final is 6/12 and CDR final 5/30 I believe...make sure he is healthy for those. We should only consider playing him vs Deportivo if we don't get a win vs Atletico.

DrPepper

I hope Suarez won't miss the CL or Copa final. Luis missing will change the whole dynamics in the offensive department. Messi is most certainly going to the middle being the false nine again, neglecting any defensive contribution whereas Suarez was the one doing the dirty work for Neymar and Leo. And Pedro is simply not as good as Suarez.

The second half of the Bayern game was the perfect example of this. Our defending starts from the front three and we completely lacked there once Suarez was subbed off, making it easier for Bayern to get into our midfield.

MessiNeymar

Even with all this, Everyone seems to be over-reacting .. it's been two days since the Bayern game and if it was more serious we would of known by now, the fact the man is still training (all be it) by himself, shows that his injury is not serious at all.

A grade 1 hamstring strain is supposed to keep you out 1-3 weeks and unable to train properly and the fact he is training 2 days after shows that its not that bad at all.

We will most likely have more news about this in the next few days but I would not be surprised to see him travel to Madrid, I just hope they don't play him in that game until the last 20-30minutes

Sunny Mir

Co0ter said:
Absolutely rest him vs Atletico, they are a really physical team. The CL final is 6/12 and CDR final 5/30 I believe...make sure he is healthy for those. We should only consider playing him vs Deportivo if we don't get a win vs Atletico.
CL final is on 6/6 but he could get the green light before or on Sunday but yeah I would rest him for atletico.

I'm from brazil and calling someone black in the south usually is negative, while negro was completely okay until recently (couple of years ago, thanks to lula not researching what's insulting in USA before talking to their president...), now I only see it used between lovers or friends.

"Negro" (black/dark) is not usually considered offensive here in Brazil (unless said intentionally), like when you say "black race" or "white and black people". However "preto" (which also means black in BR-PT) can mean the N-word in USA, and has a racist conotation most of the times. "Nego", without "r", has an affectionate conotation, usually said without any racist intention to friends or lovers, and even among brown people.

I have a friend whose mother is black, and she once sued someone in her workplace because she was called "negra", which is a racist term under this circumstance.

Last edited:

dakt

Saw his head 2 head with Iniesta on barcafans...he doesn't know who Denzel Washington is. :D
What a sweetheart! :worthy:

Antimadridista1

I don't really care if he missed the game agaist Atleti, I just hope that he'll be fit to play against Bilbao/Deportivo and obviously Juve.
Weird injury though..

mark1nhu

Bench him against Atleti. Put Neymar as CF and Pedro as LW.

Sub off Pedro if he doesn't step up and we are in trouble.

Last edited:

Tiny Kim

Ugh I hate Evra! It was him who didn't shake suarezs hand in the first place.

Also Suarez and Evra have played against each other before after the incident and Evra won. And when Evra won he purposely celebrated in front of Suarez. It's time for revenge!

Exactly. I couldn't believe sane people with perfectly good eyes thought Suarez snubbed him for a handshake. It was so clear on the slow-motion replay that Evra purposefully delayed offering his hand. Suarez offered his hand, didn't get a reaction from Evra, and moved on to the next guy. It was only then, that Evra offered his hand. It was like he was thinking "Oh you want to shake my hand? Let me think about it.....hmmm... okay, i guess I'll let you shake my hand. Hey everyone, look! this guy doesn't want to shake my hand."

And that disgusting deliberate celebration in front of Suarez at the end? That showed exactly what kind of a person Evra was. Was it any surprise that Ferguson didn't let Evra play against Ajax at the Amsterdam Arena during that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans