9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Surprised, but happy for Suarez. I was sure that Neymar would be voted ahead of him in any best-player shortlist.

dakt

Wasn't he supposed to be the type of player that can score out of nothing? We could really use that feature from time to time.

raskolnikov

Wasn't he supposed to be the type of player that can score out of nothing? We could really use that feature from time to time.

Like vs Real,City,Psg,Juve?

I get people being pissed shortly after but Suarez will help us a lot, cant expect miracles every game. If Messi cant do that nobody can.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Can't blame any of the front 3. Service was tragic. All three were willing and trying, but can only do so much without support.

Was re-watching some of the game in fast forward, the balls being sent to Messi and Suarez in particular were horrible, and even when they got some they were surrounded with few outlets.

Last edited:

Moe

powered by;

I know.. RIGHT??!!

Can't believe he only scores/assists in important league games/UCL knockouts/Copa Del Rey Final/European Super Cup vs Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, PSG, Bayern, Juventus, Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla but manages to completely disappear in the Spanish Supercoppa first leg!!

Talk about overreacting, he had a bad game like the rest of the team. The bigger worry should be our defence.

dakt

I know.. RIGHT??!!

Can't believe he only scores/assists in important league games/UCL knockouts/Copa Del Rey Final/European Super Cup vs Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, PSG, Bayern, Juventus, Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla but manages to completely disappear in the Spanish Supercoppa first leg!!

Talk about overreacting, he had a bad game like the rest of the team. The bigger worry should be our defence.

I might be overreacting, but for me he was shit and much more important, very irritating to watch in the last game. If he's not fed constantly, he's invisible.

F

Frejsgodes

I might be overreacting, but for me he was shit and much more important, very irritating to watch in the last game. If he's not fed constantly, he's invisible.

You are overreacting big time. Your statement about him being invisible if not fed constantly is just platin wrong. Advice: watch the actual games.

Also, why dont you overreact in the Messi thread, because he was equally shit in this match. I always see you bitching and moaning about other player, but you can never admit when Messi has a bad game and criticize him. Always some excuses. Excuses that could also be applied to Suárez. But you chose not to. Why? Because you're on Messi's nuts.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Nah you can't compare Messi, aside from the fact that he has unlimited credit for everything he brought to Barça, he's also much less frustrating than Suarez when he has a bad day.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Suarez has earned the right to have an off night once in a while and not have everyone on his back. He always puts full effort in even when things aren't going his way too.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Suarez is a genious when things go his way, but very often he's very frustrating to watch when that's not the case.

And why would he have earned any right when Neymar gets trashed even when he plays good ? :)

The only one with legitimate rights is Messi :pep:

SKS-

From all these, only Real was "out of nothing" situation.

I won't speak on the other ones, or chances he has created for others, but if you don't think the PSG goals were out of nothing, then you're being far too harsh.

Against Bilbao, Suarez was pretty poor in the 2nd half. The first half, Barca couldn't even provide any service to be judged.

As far as him being invisible when he is not fed, is absolutely not true at all. I suggest you go back & watch some of Barca's CL/CDR matches in 2015. Suarez created numerous chances for his teammates, and even when he was in a good position to attempt a shot at goal, he would often make a pass to put a teammate in an even better position (Resulting in either an assist or pre-assist). So as far creating chances out of nothing, Suarez not only proved he was able to do that for himself, but his teammates as well. Now obviously, not to the degree of Messi or Iniesta (in terms of creativity), but I think well enough to warrant his price tag.

Also consider, Suarez racked up well over 40 G+A despite not playing the start of the season and having to adapt to a completely new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans