9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
Agreed! Although I think that's something all top football players have to endure, not just Messi.

Definitely not to the same extent. Only star players.

It's very common here in the Netherlands to have pro players walk around without being bothered.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not on that Messi level, you think Messi can walk trough Amsterdam without being crowded?

That's my point, that not all players endure the same only the ones with Messi's stature. As an example I mentioned how famous dutch players could walk around Amsterdam without being harassed: Depay, Sneijder, Van Persie, Robben etc.

barcanuck

Good to see the MSN back they had some nice attempted link ups but Malaga stunned us last year at the nou camp so I'm OK with them not scoring.

raskolnikov

That's my point, that not all players endure the same only the ones with Messi's stature. As an example I mentioned how famous dutch players could walk around Amsterdam without being harassed: Depay, Sneijder, Van Persie, Robben etc.

Van Persie might not be the best example though:lol:

Galaxyman

How many games for Uruguay is he still banned?

4 more. He returns in... the Uruguay v. Brazil derby in March. :suarez1:

What are the odds? Like, seriously, Suarez seems just destined to return for the biggest games.

Suarez's return from bans
1- Liverpool's first ban= vs. rivals Manchester United at Old Trafford
2- Liverpool's 2nd ban= vs. rivals Manchester United at Old Trafford
3- His return from injury with Uruguay= vs. England in a do or die on the biggest stage.
4- End of Barcelona ban= vs. rivals Real Madrid at the Bernabeu
5- End of "the big FIFA ban"= vs. rivals Brazil in Maracana

You can't write this stuff.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
What are the odds? Like, seriously, Suarez seems just destined to return for the biggest games.

You can't write this stuff.

You can. And the odds are not that impressive when you consider the longevity of the bans are determined based on the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans