9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

It can be said Suarez has more ability than Eto'o, but he has a lot to do for Barcelona to match Samuel's contribution. If he keeps it up, he will get there or even surpass that level.

barcanuck

It can be said Suarez has more ability than Eto'o, but he has a lot to do for Barcelona to match Samuel's contribution. If he keeps it up, he will get there or even surpass that level.

Very tough to compare these two, they both remind me of each other so much. Tenacious strikers who can move to the wings and create. They are both the perfect #9 for Barca that's for sure.

If one has to give the edge to one I'd say Suarez due to his play making abilities being superior.

serghei

Very tough to compare these two, they both remind me of each other so much. Tenacious strikers who can move to the wings and create. They are both the perfect #9 for Barca that's for sure.

If one has to give the edge to one I'd say Suarez due to his play making abilities being superior.

Ability-wise, I'd give the edge to Suarez, slightly. Career at Barca wise, and legend-status, clearly Eto'o. If Suarez will keep it up for 3-4 years then we could talk about Suarez having a better Barca-career.

Kuchi

When all things said and done, Suarez will be considered our greatest CF ever, putting it here, so that i can quote it in a couple of years:)

El Flaco

Quotes from Suárez who spoke after training at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper

Looking forward to the Clásico

I’m going into the game on form and happy that the team is playing so well. We want to win this match and end it as well as possible.

We know how well we are going to have to play if we want to win this one. We have to respect the manager’s team selection and do everything we can for this shirt. That’s what’s going through our minds.

You never know what might happen. You could be on your best form but then nothing goes quite to plan. Everyone knows that it’s not easy to beat Madrid at the Bernabéu.

I remember watching the Clásico on TV and seeing Ronaldinho score. They’re great games where you see lots of good football. When you are out on the pitch you feel like you’re living every footballer’s dream.
I don’t think we’ll have won the league if we go six points ahead of them, it’s still too early to say who is going to win it. The league is going to be a long one and Atlético will be up there too, so this game won’t decide anything.

The trident

Messi and Neymar Jr are understanding each better every day. Off the field neither of them wants to think that they’re better than the other, it’s not a competition. They know that the best player in the world is Messi and that’s the way we’ll always understand things.

Messi can change the game and he’s done incredible things in previous Clásicos. But it depends on the doctors and what they think is best for him. He has looked good while training with us over the last few days but it’s an injury that could take a sudden turn for the worse.

Messi makes all the difference, but we’ll have to wait and see whether he starts or perhaps comes on later. At the Calderón he showed that he can come on for just twenty minutes and get you the three points.

Of course Leo is the best because of what he’s done and what he continues to do. Neymar is on spectacular form and you could easily say that he’s the second best player in the world. As a team-mate, I’m proud to see him playing so well and doing what he’s doing.

I was surprised to be named among the best three players in Europe. But although it was nice, it’s not something that’s gone to my head.
Missing Uruguay

I’ve watched the last few Uruguay matches with anxiety. At last I’m free. My team-mates have done a brilliant job and I’d like to congratulate them publicly. It’s been very tough for Uruguayans after all that has been said.

Paris attacks

These have been very hard days for us all. They are difficult times and all you want to do is show your support for the families. For the good of the world, I wish all this would stop.

Source

raskolnikov

When all things said and done, Suarez will be considered our greatest CF ever, putting it here, so that i can quote it in a couple of years:)

Its hard to compare the likes of Pauino Alcantara, Martin, Cesar, Escola, Quini with present day players Like Suarez, Villa or Eto'o.
Maybe its better to compare Suarez with the post 90 strikers including one season wonders like Ronaldo or Romario or even the underrated Kluivert.
In which case it will definitely be Eto'o vs Suarez in a few years. Villa is also up there but he was much better for Valencia than he was for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans