9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

I can accept that Suarez has been suspended, even though I think it's hugely exaggerated. But the Spanish Federation's huge inconsistency and their brilliant ability to send out the wrong messages is nothing but a disaster.

1. How comes that Pau López is allowed to get away for his malicious stomp on Leo?

2. How comes that Diop has been given one-game suspension while Piqué was banned for four game games for saying the exact same thing?

3. And how comes that it's way worse to say "waste of space" to someone than calling someone's mother a whore?

I can't accept Suarez banning, because he did not do what the ref reported. This is as absurd as Lopez not getting at least a yellow for stomping on Messi.

JamDav1982

Can't take it as fact that it was Masche and not Suarez based on some media rumour about what Expanyol players are supposedly saying in private though surely?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Can't take it as fact that it was Masche and not Suarez based on some media rumour about what Expanyol players are supposedly saying in private though surely?

Barcelona and Barcelona based journalists came out saying it wasn't Suarez that said that as soon as the referee report was public. Espanyol players saying it just furthers that claim.

Furthermore, the referee wasn't there to hear it personally. He was writing his report when he was told about the altercation by another.

Galaxyman

Suarez didn't say anything, though. It was Masche. This is really serious.

[tw]685474763523932160[/tw]

The ref lied on his report, as he didn't hear anything... he reported what others told him. This is a disgrace.

Madridista press is desperately all over this. Yesterday, on tv, they showed the Pau elbow on Suarez from the only angle that makes it look like Suarez is going after Pau.

The reporter sleazes out and says : "Look! Pau is clearly trying to get out of the way!". Literally every comment below were fans noting how every other angle shows Pau clearly going out of his way to try to nail Suarez.

Need to be careful in the future. Madrid + media is very dangerous.

JamDav1982

Madridista press is desperately all over this. Yesterday, on tv, they showed the Pau elbow on Suarez from the only angle that makes it look like Suarez is going after Pau.

The reporter sleazes out and says : "Look! Pau is clearly trying to get out of the way!". Literally every comment below were fans noting how every other angle shows Pau clearly going out of his way to try to nail Suarez.

Need to be careful in the future. Madrid + media is very dangerous.

They are goading Barca to react. They would love nothing more in shifting focus away from pitch.

As tempting as it is to want officials at Barca to come out and give it back I really don't think it would be right thing to do until point of players not feeling protected.

JamDav1982

Barcelona and Barcelona based journalists came out saying it wasn't Suarez that said that as soon as the referee report was public. Espanyol players saying it just furthers that claim.

Furthermore, the referee wasn't there to hear it personally. He was writing his report when he was told about the altercation by another.

Who are they saying told the ref?

You have link to then saying it was Masche not Suarez?

barcanuck

This whole thing is dumb and needs to end. 3 catalan derbies in 10 days is not healthy. Suarez needs to cool his Jets weather he said shit in the tunnel or not. Take the two games off Luis.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Who are they saying told the ref?

You have link to then saying it was Masche not Suarez?

It was all over twitter. Barca also are officially appealing on that basis. And I do not know exactly who told the ref, only that the ref was not present for the altercation and was there after the fact and was told by someone else. He was already redacting his report, as evidence by the account on his report being an addendum made after the report was filed.

Galaxyman

They are goading Barca to react. They would love nothing more in shifting focus away from pitch.

As tempting as it is to want officials at Barca to come out and give it back I really don't think it would be right thing to do until point of players not feeling protected.

They hate that Barça have personalities like Suarez, Arda, Mascherano on the pitch for them.

For years, Madrid got away with Pepe, Ramos and co. beating the hell out of Messi (stomping, elbowing, etc). Not anymore.

serghei

Fuck-em. Just beat Granada tomorrow and go on to win the double in Spain. That's what we should do. This state of adversity towards the team will do us a favour and make us angry. As Espanyol found out, it's not the best tactic to make this Barcelona angry.

We responded to Espanyol's violence in the wrong way and the Spanish Federation couldn't have let this opportunity slip away. That's what I make of this. Just like with Pique and Mascherano. What is worse is that we are giving them the chance to suspend our players.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Fuck-em. Just beat Granada tomorrow and go on to win the double in Spain. That's what we should do. This state of adversity towards the team will do us a favour and make us angry. As Espanyol found out, it's not the best tactic to make this Barcelona angry.

I agree with this. Just like year's issues galvanized the team, I too think these incidents have the players really pissed and I would hope it translates into a similar rampage.

We responded to Espanyol's violence in the wrong way and the Spanish Federation couldn't have let this opportunity slip away. That's what I make of this. Just like with Pique and Mascherano. What is worse is that we are giving them the chance to suspend our players.

Doesn't take much for them to suspend one of ours. Remember Pique getting 4.

Don't know how else they could have responded. One thing is to turn the other cheek and hold onto your victory when you're getting some hate, but Espanyol physically battered and provoked Barca in not one, but in two consecutive matches. It would not be human nature for the players to just take it without reaction. All things considered, it was quite a mild reaction. Sadly, that's all it takes for the powers that be to make a meal out of it.

Last edited:

StarLord

LFP on our case as per usual.

They just can't swallow that we have been overshadowing their beloved Real Madrid for so many years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans