9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Don't know how else they could have responded. One thing is to turn the other cheek and hold onto your victory when you're getting some hate, but Espanyol physically battered and provoked Barca in not one, but in two consecutive matches. It would not be human nature for the players to just take it without reaction. All things considered, it was quite a mild reaction. Sadly, that's all it takes for the powers that be to make a meal out of it.

Yes, I understand how we reacted, but it was wrong. Suarez instigated Espanyol players as well, I saw it live. You cannot claim you're innocent because you were provoked, or that others do it as well. Suarez is guilty of provoking, and if he did say those words we have no defence to fight this suspension.

So, our reactions were understandable, but still wrong.

I think we need to step back a bit and be more pragmatic about it. It's not like we are changing anything here. It's clear that this system does not like the Catalan-pride symbol that is Futbol Club Barcelona. But what can we do about it, I mean real solutions. Can we change that? No. Can we move somewhere else? Not really, if we're being realistic. So, that practically leaves us with one solution.

Only one thing we can do. Respond on the field, and prove to the world that legendary teams defeat any sort of resistance, on and off the field. People will say about this team in the future that nobody could stop it, not even the corrupt pro-Madrid system. It only adds to this teams' legacy the way I see it. By trying to stop Barca in disciplinary boards and LFP offices, they basically admit it's unquestionable superiority on the field.

Last edited:

NotInHere

Suarez has part of the blame too, but people seem to be talking more about what suarez did, which was to trash talk(happens in sports all the time) then what that gk keeper did to messi which was trying to physically hurt him..

aaron101

Does trashtalking really deserves a ban? Trashtalking has been around forever in ANY SPORT. Also, how in the hell that the Espanyol player was red carded due to his insults not because of his violent actions on the pitch? 2 match ban for Suarez is just insane. Why is Barca board not protesting the stomp on Messi? Oh well, they didn't even mention the one with Pepe in El Clasico before so I'm sure they won't say a word on the Catalan Derby.

We are Barcelona, one of the biggest team in La Liga. Why the hell are we just bending to these assholes? We'll always get bullied if we always bend to them.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yes, I understand how we reacted, but it was wrong. Suarez instigated Espanyol players as well, I saw it live. You cannot claim you're innocent because you were provoked, or that others do it as well. Suarez is guilty of provoking, and if he did say those words we have no defence to fight this suspension.

So, our reactions were understandable, but still wrong.

I think we need to step back a bit and be more pragmatic about it. It's not like we are changing anything here. It's clear that this system does not like the Catalan-pride symbol that is Futbol Club Barcelona. But what can we do about it, I mean real solutions. Can we change that? No. Can we move somewhere else? Not really, if we're being realistic. So, that practically leaves us with one solution.

Only one thing we can do. Respond on the field, and prove to the world that legendary teams defeat any sort of resistance, on and off the field. People will say about this team in the future that nobody could stop it, not even the corrupt pro-Madrid system. It only adds to this teams' legacy the way I see it. By trying to stop Barca in disciplinary boards and LFP offices, they basically admit it's unquestionable superiority on the field.

Pau Lopez started the provocations. He made fun of Suarez long before he celebrated Messi's goal in his face. Espanyol also kicked, mauled and antagonized our players from the Liga game. I'm not excusing retaliation or saying it was right, just that it was expected in the face of what was Espanyol's gameplan from the outset. And considering everything, I thought it was a mild retaliation at worst.

Of the rest, yes there isn't a lot that can be done. This is rooted deep in Spain, the Madrid-centric politics and bias. It is historical, rooted deep in the culture, and it won't be going away. However that doesn't mean you need to take it, turn the other cheek, put your head down and trudge along. The only thing that'll achieve is to continue to get smacked and smacked over and over again.

Last edited:

serghei

Pau Lopez started the provocations. He made fun of Suarez long before he celebrated Messi's goal in his face. Espanyol also kicked, mauled and antagonized our players from the Liga game. I'm not excusing retaliation or saying it was right, just that it was expected in the face of what was Espanyol's gameplan from the outset. And considering everything, I thought it was a mild retaliation at worst.

Of the rest, yes there isn't a lot that can be done. This is rooted deep in Spain, the Madrid-centric politics and bias. It is historical, rooted deep in the culture, and it won't be going away. However that doesn't mean you need to take it, turn the other cheek, put your head down and trudge along. The only thing that'll achieve is to continue to get smacked and smacked over and over again.

We can't control what Espanyol and La Liga boards do. Only what we do. And we made mistakes.

No. Not turn the other cheek. But be more clever with how and when you respond.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
We can't control what Espanyol and La Liga boards do. Only what we do. And we made mistakes.

No. Not turn the other cheek. But be more clever with how and when you respond.

What would you have done? Take the abuse and antagonizing of the Espanyol players and not respond? These are competitive individuals, full of adrenaline and tired from exertion, of course they'll make rash decision when battered and antagonized. Considering what happened in the last two games, I repeat, the reactions of Barca players were quite mild. No lashing out save for a half-hearted attempt by Neymar, and only returning the insults and provocations in kind. You want the players to not even react like normal human beings?

Again, there's not excusing the retaliation, merely pointing out it was understandable and expected. I even think the tunnel incident was over the top. Still, I along with almost anyone out there would have reacted the same and perhaps worse. These were not normal circumstances.

The problem is the entire Spanish heavily Madrid bias media is completely brushing under the rug what Espanyol has done and totally focusing on what Barca did as if the former didn't happen and the latter was the sole incident.

El Chiringuito has spent all episodes since basically calling Espanyol the offended and berrated victims and Barca the mean and pampered bullies. That's the level of garbage they have to deal with.

Last edited:

serghei

What would you have done? Take the abuse and antagonizing of the Espanyol players and not respond? These are competitive individuals, full of adrenaline and tired from exertion, of course they'll make rash decision when battered and antagonized. Considering what happened in the last two games, I repeat, the reactions of Barca players were quite mild. No lashing out save for a half-hearted attempt by Neymar, and only returning the insults and provocations in kind. You want the players to not even react like normal human beings?

I want them to do whatever they can to stay away from doing things that might lead to their suspension. If we play Atletico next and Suarez doesn't play, was it worth it?

F

Flavia

I want them to do whatever they can to stay away from doing things that might lead to their suspension. If we play Atletico next and Suarez doesn't play, was it worth it?
I think you're failing to see the real problem. Suarez didn't do anything to be banned for 2 games. Masche was the one screaming insults to Espanyol players in the tunnel. And yet the ref wrote whatever someone told him, and it's the Holy absolute truth.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

The interpretations of "things that might lead to their suspensions" is quite broad in Spain when it pertains to Barcelona.

serghei

I think you're failing to see the real problem. Suarez didn't do anything to be banned for 2 games. Masche was the one screaming insults to Espanyol players in the tunnel. And yet the ref wrote whatever someone told him, and it's the Holy absolute truth.

OK. So, no Suarez. Mascherano. It's the same idea. We need Mascherano as well.

Galaxyman

When Suarez was in the EPL, Liverpool were helpless to defend him. It surprised me at the time, but Liverpool carries almost no media weight outside their city. If Manchester United wanted to randomly accuse Suarez of eating babies, the country would buy it. They constantly publicized the most ridiculous, biased and circumstantial evidence as "fact".

At least with Barça, he's actually in a powerful club that can defend him.

Last edited:

SKS-

Would be an absolute disgrace, although not surprisingly so, if this situation is not somehow amended to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans