9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevoTeller

Spot on dude. It's actually funny that the people who come running in desperate defence of Ronaldo de Lima are Brazilians.

I especially love the over the top superlatives: "GODLY" ""not even better than the left leg of". :lol: Relax guys.

Suarez is a legend. He's going to be regarded as 1 of the greatest players of all time; simple as that.

Says the Suarez fanboy.
Also, I'm not even close to be Brazilian.

Really? I mean...really? How many elite strikers have fallen because they can't handle Messi being the #1 that Barça plays for? Do you honestly think Ronaldo de Lima would have been any different than the Ibrahimovic or basically every Barça striker in the last decade? Is he a saint?

There's a reason why even Messi & Neymar (& even Barça's president) are praising Suarez to no end. It's a rare phenomenon to see a striker that unselfish & be able to connect with Messi so well. Ronaldo de Lima would not have been an exception. He would have been just as frustrated; most likely left after a couple of years after being tired of servicing Messi.

Again, you must be the greatest Suarez fanboy here around.
Yes, Ronaldo de Lima would have been way different than Ibrahimovic, considering that Ibrahimovic is not even a shoe of the Phenomenon: to even compare a flat track bully like Ibrahimovic to pre-injury Ronaldo shows how hilariously little you understand about football.
Also, if I remember correctly, the Eto'o-Messi partnership was not that bad either, and it seems the first Treble happened exactly in the last decade... But of course fans like you forget everything which is just 2 days ago and only see the present.

Saying that Suarez, despite his great qualities and his undoubted unselfishness (which is of course fundamental for our game and our victories), is still not close to pre-injury Ronaldo as a football player is not an insult to the former, who of course remains a great player and the best n°9 in the World today.

Nooo, I think he was saying that Ronaldo could've been considered the GOAT going into this era, instead of Pelé and Maradona. That is, we wouldn't be debating whether Messi is better than Pele/Maradona, but rather whether he is better than R9.

Yeah, I'm the one who understood badly the meaning of his phrase there. I agree with him.

Imagine Ronnie - Ronaldo - Messi all in their prime.. Romario or Van Basten on the bench for the #9 spot. Don't dare to sub Leo or Ronnie.
Total savage and most entertaining trio ever.

Ronaldo de Lima instead of Neymar, Romario instead of Suarez and the games shouldn't even start for manifest inferiority of the opponents.

What a rediculous thing to say. Suarez outscored pre-injury Ronaldo at Ajax. A more suitable question would be what would pre-injury Ronaldo have done in England at a club like Liverpool? Probably become injured that much sooner. Few seem to realize the sacrifices that Suarez makes to his natural game in order to make Barca the best TEAM in the world. Barca are undefeated when Suarez scores 34-2-0. How is pre-injury Ronaldo's record in that regard? How is Neymar's record? Would pre-injury Ronaldo been able to tame his ego enough to play with Messi? The fact that Suarez is doing these things NOW, when several great players have failed is something that won't fully be appreciated until he is gone. In most every big game Barca have had in the past two seasons, Suarez has been THE difference maker. Let that sink in. Fact is that if Suarez was Brazilian, the comparisons would only be vs Pele.

Didn't know Ronaldo de Lima played for Ajax....
For the rest, rediculous is what you guys are saying here. You should all wear off your Suarez blaugrana-tinted glasses.
For Christ sake, you guys are overreacting like a bunch of hysterical kids only because I dared to state the obvious, i.e. that the pre-injury Phenomenon was far superior to Suarez as a football player (with all the due respect for the latter, who surely is the best striker in the World at this time)... Get a grip.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Didn't know Ronaldo de Lima played for Ajax....
For the rest, rediculous is what you guys are saying here. You should all wear off your Suarez blaugrana-tinted glasses.
For Christ sake, you guys are overreacting like a bunch of hysterical kids only because I dared to state the obvious, i.e. that the pre-injury Phenomenon was far superior to Suarez as a football player (with all the due respect for the latter, who surely is the best striker in the World at this time)... Get a grip.

Aside from his Ajax/PSV mistake, there's a lot of truth in his post.
You said that Ronaldo was a better player than Suarez, which should be obvious to most. However you also claimed that he'd outscore Suarez by a mile (or whatever your over the top phrasing was) being serviced by Messi. I'm not so sure of that, seeing how extremely well suited to our system the Uruguayan is and how many sacrifices he's willing to make for the good of the team. Right now, right here for Lucho's current setup, there's not a single player - past or present - that I'd rather have in the team than Suarez.

Also, you should probably calm down wee bit...

raskolnikov

Suarez might go down as an atg striker but Ronaldo was something else. He was like Messi but ruined by injuries.
Can you name someone at age 19-21 that was better than him? Who knows where he would have ended up?
Its not just about goals and stats either otherwise we could rate cr7 above ronaldo as well.
Suarez is amazing though, great striker.

RevoTeller

Aside from his Ajax/PSV mistake, there's a lot of truth in his post.
You said that Ronaldo was a better player than Suarez, which should be obvious to most. However you also claimed that he'd outscore Suarez by a mile (or whatever your over the top phrasing was) being serviced by Messi. I'm not so sure of that, seeing how extremely well suited to our system the Uruguayan is and how many sacrifices he's willing to make for the good of the team. Right now, right here for Lucho's current setup, there's not a single player - past or present - that I'd rather have in the team than Suarez.

Also, you should probably calm down wee bit...

I'll calm myself down when I will not be called out as redicolous because I consider Ronaldo superior to Suarez.
For the rest, your opinion is condivisible, but the problem is that the bold part of your post is exactly what it is not happening here.
Also, you know, when you read something like this:

- Ibrahimovic's name in the same sentece of Ronaldo's.
- Suarez comparable to fucking Pelé.
- You defend Ronaldo here because you are Brazilian (LOL).
- Disrespect of Barça history, by saying that nobody in the last decade did bla bla bla, when we had Messi-Eto'o-Henry which was freakin spectacular and we won a Treble with it...

It's easy for me to get really pissed off, truth to be told.

Last edited:

jj_101

I'll calm myself down when I will not be called out as redicolous because I consider Ronaldo superior to Suarez.
For the rest, your opinion is condivisible, but the problem is that the bold part of your post is exactly what it is not happening here.
Also, you know, when you read something like this:

- Ibrahimovic's name in the same sentece of Ronaldo's.
- Suarez comparable to fucking Pelé.
- You defend Ronaldo here because you are Brazilian (LOL).
- Disrespect of Barça history, by saying that nobody in the last decade did bla bla bla, when we had Messi-Eto'o-Henry which was freakin spectacular and we won a Treble with it...

It's easy for me to get really pissed off, truth to be told.

I suppose that when you talk about Suarez not being equal to Ronaldo's leg, it's the leg that broke down and ended his career that you are talking about.

RevoTeller

wow-gifs-gif.gif

The usual sell "joke". Original.

I suppose that when you talk about Suarez not being equal to Ronaldo's leg, it's the leg that broke down and ended his career that you are talking about.

Exactly. That's also the leg which allowed him to be considered amongst the all-time greats without even reaching the peak and displaying flashes of his full potential at just 21 years of age.
Suarez should feel honored to be compared to it.

mark1nhu

Buddies here comparing Brazilian Ronaldo to Ibrahimovic. LOL, LOL, LOL.

Ibrahimovic would not even be a ball boy on a team with peak Ronaldo as striker.

I hate Ronaldo as a person and I hate the fact he played for Madrid, but you have to be way beyond delusional to even think about putting Ronaldo and Ibra on the same sentence.

Peak Ronaldo was the closest thing to Messi on the whole football history (even tough I choose Romário as my non-Messi player of all time).

All Ibra career doesn't come close to the sole year of Ronaldo on Barcelona.

Galaxyman

What a rediculous thing to say. Suarez outscored pre-injury Ronaldo at Ajax. A more suitable question would be what would pre-injury Ronaldo have done in England at a club like Liverpool? Probably become injured that much sooner. Few seem to realize the sacrifices that Suarez makes to his natural game in order to make Barca the best TEAM in the world. Barca are undefeated when Suarez scores 34-2-0. How is pre-injury Ronaldo's record in that regard? How is Neymar's record? Would pre-injury Ronaldo been able to tame his ego enough to play with Messi? The fact that Suarez is doing these things NOW, when several great players have failed is something that won't fully be appreciated until he is gone. In most every big game Barca have had in the past two seasons, Suarez has been THE difference maker. Let that sink in. Fact is that if Suarez was Brazilian, the comparisons would only be vs Pele.

+ 1 Great post.

Truthist

Suarez is one of the best team players I have ever seen. He leaves everything on the field and is incredibly decisive. He is the glue for MSN to function.

Ronaldo was a freak of nature, never seen an unstoppable force like that on a football until Messi came along. Romario wasn't bad either.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

RevoTeller

Buddies here comparing Brazilian Ronaldo to Ibrahimovic. LOL, LOL, LOL.

Ibrahimovic would not even be a ball boy on a team with peak Ronaldo as striker.

I hate Ronaldo as a person and I hate the fact he played for Madrid, but you have to be way beyond delusional to even think about putting Ronaldo and Ibra on the same sentence.

Peak Ronaldo was the closest thing to Messi on the whole football history (even tough I choose Romário as my non-Messi player of all time).

All Ibra career doesn't come close to the sole year of Ronaldo on Barcelona.

Thank God.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Suarez is one of the best team players I have ever seen. He leaves everything on the field and is incredibly decisive. He is the glue for MSN to function.

Ronaldo was a freak of nature, never seen an unstoppable force like that on a football until Messi came along. Romario wasn't bad either.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I agree. Ronaldo was just on another level than any other forward I've seen beside Messi. Shame on his injures, he was such a joy to watch - on a good day he was just as unstoppable as Messi, sometimes even more. Pure dribbling and getting past players they were almost on the same level, but Messi has a lot more qualities than Fenômeno had. Messi is the full package - playmaking/passing, football IQ, dribbling, shooting etc etc. But Ney is slowly getting there, we're so spoiled :lol:

Last edited:

Kuchi

It ridiculous that this discussion even took place, comparing 2 very different players in two different time periods (in one case the period resumes to a very small time span and a whole lot of "what if"), just because some people dared to rate Suarez higher.

For this team, at this time & space, Suarez is the best possible addition, because of his hart, drive, mental game and clutch finishing. It's ALL he needs to offer, no high speed dribbles, no beating defenders. Suarez is just as much of a genius in footbal as ronaldo was, each with his own strengths and respective weakness.

Different skill set, football is not all about speed and dribbles, it's also hard work and brains, so where do you rate ronaldo from those 2 perspectives? I'm guessing, that judging by the same filter, Xavi is also inferior to ronaldo right? when the right answer is "not comparable" or in my case "not comparable, Xavi is a legend". Or you only compare with Suarez because they shared the same number "9".

Hope this was original enough, although i plan to troll this topic from now on with this ronaldo comparison, fyi..

For what it's worth, i hugely respect ronaldo, he was indeed a phenomenon that hit football like a big ass tsunami, just to clear the fact that i am not a ronaldo hater, just because he left for our greatest enemy

Last edited:

Serbian

fully agree!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans