9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
As seen with Monaco, PSG and Man C. Players couldn't give a shit who you are but what their wage packet will be.

All three clubs have a future and building a formidable squad that can COMPETE for the league trophy next season and can offer what you cannot offer in wages

Can you claim the same Eddie ?? this Liverpool side bigger hopes just to catch a Europa league spot

fact is you have no future unless you do a massive money splash and FYI the current Monaco side with the announced transfers can beat Liverpool home & away and with considerable ease

Ammar... let me know when you decide to join us in 2013 .. have fun in 2005 and Suarez isn't the best overall strikers after Messi & Ronaldo.. you have a long list and he is one of them from Cavani to Lewandoski to RVP etc

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yes playing for Monaco in front of 5000 fans is so appealing.

Playing in Ligue 1 is so appealing.

What about Anzhi then or Shakhtar or Malaga. Endless list. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$ with 99.9% of players.

Only Real, Barca and Man U can entice players with their reputations nowadays.

As for having no future. Well we'll see. I think we can battle for 4th next season. Arsenal and Spurs are not that superior to us that we can compete with them next season for that place.

Last edited:

0n0mat0p0eia

No, what I suppose is appealing to a racist, biting opponents (twice), diving and cheating player is the amount of bucks he could get in his pay packet, rather than 7th or 8th in the EPL and the Europa League!

Beast

The Observer

And winning nothing and not playing in the champions league till you retire means a lot... if the fans are the biggest factor i players would be flocking to the Coca cola league or whatever you call it

Monaco is very appealing city , the weather , the fun parties , the creme of the society .. he would love it there although pretty tiny .. can't say the same about Liverpool

Beast

The Observer

What about Anzhi then or Shakhtar or Malaga. Endless list. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$ with 99.9% of players.

Only Real, Barca and Man U can entice players with their reputations nowadays.

As for having no future. Well we'll see. I think we can battle for 4th next season. Arsenal and Spurs are not that superior to us that we can compete with them next season for that place.

I saw the rest... as of the 3 examples you mentioned

Ligue 1 is tier 2 , Anzhi and Shakhtar are in a much worse leagues tier 3 if you like to name , Malaga ? really you didn't know ? no more dinero's it's dry the owner doesn't have the money

No Eddie ,Spurs & Arsenal are very superior to Liverpool , your bench is much weaker and Rodgers (which is the main important thing ) is much weaker too than Villas Boas (and i don't even rate him ) and Wenger
Spurs are trying to get Damiao , will probably take a big name player from Real is Bale deal is concluded..
Arsenal are getting the new younger version of Gourcuff (Clement Garnier ) and their squad is way better than yours as it is

you got Aspes and Toure who's best years are behind him ...this is not a team going for a top position .. this is a team going for mediocrity my friend.. Liverpool deserve a lot more than this .. a lot more .. the two American's so far been a failure IMO , the difference is that Henry is a proper businessman but he doesn't know a thing about football and his choices so far proved to be a failure in terms of moving Liverpool up or picking the right people to run the club.. he brought stability but he didn't take you back up again

Joining a team with Falcao , James Rodriguez , Moutinho etc ? i think this is a team trying to compete for a title

Kerrybai

Suarez leaving was inevitable. The media criticism must have been a lot to deal with, and when you add Liverpool's mediocrity then it's understandable why Suarez wants out.

desoe

Suarez leaving was inevitable. The media criticism must have been a lot to deal with, and when you add Liverpool's mediocrity then it's understandable why Suarez wants out.

I'd not be surprised if he's actually using the media as an excuse to make it more soft. Even if the media loved him, Suarez is still way above Liverpool's level to stay.

89Norcal

I think it was Mangala who was wasted by Suarez. Quality strike that we know he's capable of.

Valbuena, Cabaye, Payet and Koscielny all looked good for France, but Sagna didn't do much to supply Bafetembi Gomis

VivaThiago

Rooney or Suarez? It's a no-brainer. Looking good in the most average Liverpool side in my lifetime does not constitute a top-level player… people forget how good our Wayne actually is

You’re Carlo Ancelotti. You’re deciding who would be the better signing – Wayne Rooney or Luis Suarez. It’s a no-brainer. Rooney is miles ahead.

In fact I wonder how good Luis Suarez actually is. He’s got quality and ability – probably more than most. But looking good in the Dutch league and standing out in one of the most average Liverpool sides I’ve seen in my lifetime does not constitute a top-level player.

I watched him closely at the Confederations Cup and he had little impact. An enforced rest bit a huge chunk out of the end of his club season, so I expected a fresh and energized Suarez to take the tournament by storm. Instead it was Forlan who looked the better player, with Cavani finding the net in the latter stages.

Suarez and Rooney have similar international records, but in comparing the two, the big difference is that Rooney has stood the test of time at a massive club with the very highest expectations. Suarez just has to be 'good' at Liverpool to win over the fans who are desperate for a new hero after years of underachievement.

At United, Rooney is obliged to make a massive contribution to a side winning trophies. And he did just that.

We don’t have many top-class players from England so you would think we would treasure the rare ones that come along to light up our game.

People seem to have forgotten just how good a footballer Wayne Rooney actually is. I suspect United won’t know how good he is and how big a contribution he makes until it is too late. If he goes…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...M-Wayne-Rooney-better-player-Luis-Suarez.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans