9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

I understand your point. His penalty technique at his Bayern times looked firmer for real, in Barcelona it looked less guaranteed that he's going to score. But hear me out: his last penalty against Sevilla was his first penalty with that technique in Barcelona that looked firm like in his Bayern days. Maybe he had some mental insecurities and now he improved it back to his normal form like the rest of his abilities under Flick? :)
Don't worry about penalties mate.

Maradona37

I'm a Messi fan but to be fair, based on this list, Messi missed 2 more and score 35 less. What's your problem?
I think King Leo's point is that Messi is viewed as an average or at best slightly above average penalty taker. Whereas 'that other guy' is claimed to be the world's best ever penalty taker - absolutely super duper at them - yet he has a lower percentage than plenty others (even those who have taken a lot, so it can't be claimed to be small sample size) and has missed quite a few big ones that I can name off the top of my head.

Messigician

I think King Leo's point is that Messi is viewed as an average or at best slightly above average penalty taker. Whereas 'that other guy' is claimed to be the world's best ever penalty taker - absolutely super duper at them - yet he has a lower percentage than plenty others (even those who have taken a lot, so it can't be claimed to be small sample size) and has missed quite a few big ones that I can name off the top of my head.
No he’s just a hater look at his post history

Maradona37

No he’s just a hater look at his post history
He's got a point though.

Ronaldo HAS boosted his stats hugely with penalties, and he does miss more than his fans will care to admit.

Pointing that out - especially in light of all the 'Ronaldo is the best penalty taker of anyone who ever existed!' - bollocks and hysteria is simply King Leo pointing out the ludicrous stuff surrounding Ronaldo.

If you read between the lines you can see what KL was saying.

KingLeo10

I'm a Messi fan but to be fair, based on this list, Messi missed 2 more and score 35 less. What's your problem?
Maradona already covered most of my points.

I was mostly pointing out:

1) The volume of penalties taken by CR7 (150, by far the most in the list)

2) His non-elite scoring rate. Yes, Messi's an average penalty taker (except for those super high pressure WC QF, SF, and F ones where he is elite :mou: ), but CR7 is at best good, not elite at this.

Grande

Maradona already covered most of my points.

I was mostly pointing out:

1) The volume of penalties taken by CR7 (150, by far the most in the list)

2) His non-elite scoring rate. Yes, Messi's an average penalty taker (except for those super high pressure WC QF, SF, and F ones where he is elite :mou: ), but CR7 is at best good, not elite at this.
Okay

soul24rage

Incredible start, please keep it up for the 2nd half of the season

GaU3NIQWQAAhfMK

Tookien

I think Lewy realized early in his career it's all about efficiency, and not doing wasteful/useless things.
People criticize him for being too simplistic, but I think there is a reason for this. He understands what type of attempts on goal are high probability attempts, which are mostly within the penalty area. He understands that passing tends to lead to more goals than dribbling. He has simply his own style and strategy, one centered around movement and positioning and being relentless, if the ball comes his way it's a chance.

Home of Barca Fans