9 - Robert Lewandowski

Meitux

What the point is for me is sell him get the money and find someone who likes the club and will give his 100 %.Its a risk keeping Lewandowski and think that he will try his best to Dortmund that blocked the transfer to the club he wants to go.He doesnt want to renew its his choice nobody can press him to do it.

Last edited:

Bertus

What the point is for me is sell him get the money and find someone who likes the club and will give his 100 %.Its a risk keeping Lewandowski and think that he will try his best to Dortmund that blocked the transfer to the club he wants to go.He doesnt want to renew its his choice nobody can press him to do it.

Dortmund said quite a few times how Lewandowski is important to the club to do well next year in their league. We're not talking about some striker, we're talking about one of best in the world in my honest opinion and Dortmund think the same.

Sure, Robert would prefer to move to Bayern, but he didn't show so far any clue that could leave people thinking he would do crap on purpose if he does not. He said himself a few months ago that he is a Professional.

I really like Lewandowski since i watched dortmund's matches last year and I think Dortmund is right when they think he's a real diamond.

Dortmund also said, IIRC, that they don't need money and prefer to keep him and win trophies this year if they can, rather than sell him and buy a not as good striker.

Also, look at the market, there's no striker at the level of Lewandowski on sale.

Last edited:

Meitux

Well i dont disagree,I believe that from the moment he said he accepts he wont move this summer and has a contract he will respect it.However if he doesnt perform well everybody will start saying that he doesnt give his 100 % because they didnt allow him to get where he wants.I see already some people saying that he doesnt look happy or whatever.But some friendlies dont say too much,you dont have to go crazy if you score a goal

Bertus

Well i dont disagree,I believe that from the moment he said he accepts he wont move this summer and has a contract he will respect it.However if he doesnt perform well everybody will start saying that he doesnt give his 100 % because they didnt allow him to get where he wants.I see already some people saying that he doesnt look happy or whatever.But some friendlies dont say too much,you dont have to go crazy if you score a goal
See it from Lewandowski's eyes. He's smart and wants his worth to stay the same or become even bigger in the eyes of clubs and his fans.

If he's not a complete idiot, he knows he has to do well if next year he wants big clubs to court him and get a big salary out of the gate.

So far he didn't show that he had no brain, so i'm not scared so far about him losing his mojo because of Dortmund's management.

Meitux

See it from Lewandowski's eyes. He's smart and wants his worth to stay the same or become even bigger in the eyes of clubs and his fans.

If he's not a complete idiot, he knows he has to do well if next year he wants big clubs to court him and get a big salary out of the gate.

So far he didn't show that he had no brain, so i'm not scared so far about him losing his mojo because of Dortmund's management.
Yeah,its also the fact that Klopp includes him in his plans for his last season,he didnt act like an asshole saying that he will bench him for the whole season because Lewa wanted to get a transfer.

Thats why i believe he accepted that he wont leave this summer,because he will be a regular starter

Bertus

Yeah,its also the fact that Klopp includes him in his plans for his last season,he didnt act like an asshole saying that he will bench him for the whole season because Lewa wanted to get a transfer.

Thats why i believe he accepted that he wont leave this summer,because he will be a regular starter
I fully agree.

And I'll add that Dortmund is really a great club, mainly because it's very well managed. When you think they competed with the Bayern even if on the paper, i think anyone would agree that the bayern has more wealth, more high profile players etc.

They really did good, so, so good. And not only against the Bayern, but against the Real and many other big, so big teams.

You can't imagine how i wished that Klopp would be PSG's new coach this season...

Instead we got Blanc, and i still feel like hitting my head on the wall for that.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Can someone gif the nasty pick-and-roll he pulled on Boateng (?) for Gundogan's goal. Or his flick to Sahin for Gundogan and Reus' chance towards the end. :cool:

ccesc

This guy is getting on my nerves. Espacially his money-grabbing consultant.
He is a great player but humanly very poor.
I'm glad when he leaves. He fits perfectly to Bayern.

Der Kaiser

This guy is getting on my nerves. Espacially his money-grabbing consultant.
He is a great player but humanly very poor.
I'm glad when he leaves. He fits perfectly to Bayern.

His contract is very old, he could earn 3-4 times as much at another club. People on here forget that football is some peoples job. If you knew you could work at another place and earn 3-4 times as much as you do now but are forced to stay by your employer, you wouldnt be mad??
He earns about 25-30k a week as far as I know.

A

Athletic

Comparing footballers to real life job is so stupid. When people can earn 4x as much they can live more comfortable. When footballers earn 4x as much they can perhaps buy an airplane instead of a Veyron.

footyfan

Calma, calma
You always measure your worth by comparing to your neighbours (basically the people around you) rather than somebody not in your situation. Pretty basic well known human psychology fact. Rich people have the same desire for more as normal people do.

Do you think about starving kids in Africa before you buy a laptop that's twice as expensive as the one you had before?

El Gato

Villarato!
I meant why do people judge him by the fact that he wants to join Bayern and said so to Borussia's management? I understand the frustration on the Borussia fans part, but they should look past the issue of him not wanting to play there anymore. It doesn't mean he's a scumbag or any less of a professional (unless he pulls some stupid stunts and attitude in Dortmund). How do you know Bayern wasn't his boyhood club?

Home of Barca Fans