9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazario1985

800m+ figures ain't happening anytime soon even with a UCL win.

You need names big names for that.

But I 100% trust the socios to tweak the numbers :lol:

serghei

News is his salary will drop considerably after his 2nd year and we have the option to terminate (for a financial compensation).

This board is serious about wages. They know full well this is probably what killed us in Barto era, even more than megaflops for hundreds of millions. Obscene salaries, bonuses, and loyalty fees that were basically piss-easy to activate, driving long-term costs through the roof which are impossible to subside.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's probably seen differently though. It's a major club asset that will bring more money long term by a lot.

Sure, we really need to do that in order to keep up with the likes of Madrid etc. Agreed that it has to be done and is long overdue. Just saying we will add another 1.5 billion to our debt when it happens, albeit we will have like 30 years to repay, something like that.

I do question if we will be getting 150m of ADDITIONAL revenue from the Nou Camp Nou and Nou Palau every year, like they said.

Nazario1985

After his second year he will be 35/36 so ... nothing spectacular !

Is the financial compensation is rated at 100% if we terminate him ? if yes ... that's cock

serghei

You won't need to terminate him. His wages aren't astronomical. He will earn 3m more than Raphinha. 9 compared to 6. Both figures are pretty normal for top clubs.

It's just a 3-year contract + 1. Not a 5 year.

Also, he commands that because the 9 market is the rarest. Literally very few players at pure 9 positions that can do what Lewandowski can. Winger market is much much better with multiple options.

Bayern without Lewandowski and with Mane as a replacement are gonna basically turn into Liverpool-lite. They lose the physicality factor that they were feared for, thanks to Lewandowski and Thomas Muller the most.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You won't need to terminate him. His wages aren't astronomical. He will earn 3m more than Raphinha. 9 compared to 6. Both figures are pretty normal for top clubs.

It's just a 3-year contract + 1. Not a 5 year.

Also, he commands that because the 9 market is the rarest. Literally very few players at pure 9 positions that can do what Lewandowski can. Winger market is much much better with multiple options.

Bayern without Lewandowski and with Mane as a replacement are gonna basically turn into Liverpool-lite. They lose the physicality factor that they were feared for, thanks to Lewandowski and Thomas Muller the most.

9m net? Confirmed? Source please?

I find it hard to believe. From 24m gross at Bayern to 9m net here?

serghei

9m net? Confirmed? Source please?

I find it hard to believe. From 24m gross at Bayern to 9m net here?

https://www.republicworld.com/sport...-barcelona-move-edges-closer-articleshow.html

I've found more sources reporting this. He took a 6m cut for a bit longer-term contract than what Bayern were offering. That sounds plausible.

9m net is around 18m gross based on my understanding, I heard tax in Spain is approximately 50%.

There is no indication of this board paying super-high wages. They seem consistent to me that this is priority 0 going forward. Keeping wages in check and not extending beyond what you can reasonably pay. We suffer in this area because of huge hidden costs and contracts that grow bigger signed by Bartomeu. As the one of De Jong. Filled with increasing wages and all sorts of "bonuses". That's ignoring deferred wages from Barto's last year that are, of course, gonna have to be paid by the current board as well.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://www.republicworld.com/sport...-barcelona-move-edges-closer-articleshow.html

I've found more sources reporting this. He took a 6m cut for a bit longer-term contract than what Bayern were offering. That sounds plausible.

The source, with all due respect, doesn't look like much of it and they were quoting MD, allegedly so we will take it with a bit of salt.

Logic-wise it makes little sense for him, who sought higher pay from Bayern than what he currently earns, accepted a steep paycut just to join us.

The thing is we will never know what a player's true wages are. On the plus side it can't be too high since we have a salary cap, which went out the window already I suppose.

serghei

The source, with all due respect, doesn't look like much of it and they were quoting MD, allegedly so we will take it with a bit of salt.

Logic-wise it makes little sense for him, who sought higher pay from Bayern than what he currently earns, accepted a steep paycut just to join us.

The thing is we will never know what a player's true wages are. On the plus side it can't be too high since we have a salary cap, which went out the window already I suppose.

OK, you can take everything with a bit of salt. Except for insider leaks with the actual contract being disclosed.

ronniecro

man what a piece of business,supposed gala signing and there's already talk about getting rid of him in two year time. way to burn 45m

serghei

He likes himself more. Going to Barcelona is a legacy move for him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he took a wage cut from Bayern to Barcelona.

That's not really a cut if he looks at the bigger picture. Because in 3 years, possibly 4 if all goes according to plan, he's for sure not losing out on money, fame, and sponsorships, compared with what Bayern was offering. Financial and brand-wise for him, Barca is bigger and better than Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans