9 - Robert Lewandowski

FinBarcelonafan

Eh, he just doesn't deserve any credit when the culture change (by the looks of it) already happened for our youngsters. But whatever.

Happier than I thought I would be with Lewa as well, so don't try to construct a weird narrative. I guess most Barca fans are.

Exactly. Basically all our young guns improved their physical state during the summer other than our world class Puig.

I think Adama showed them what they were lacking.

KingLeo10

Lol no. This forum will never give Lewandowski that much credit because he isn't really a "Barca DNA" style of player(for the lack of a better way to put it)......much more of a "Real Madrid player"...
Even if he scores 40 goals next season, there will be people calling him overrated.

Don't worry, the youngsters will get more credit than they deserve if they do well.

The only reason people are talking about his fitness right now is coz he's a brand new signing and an ageing player(usually ageing players ain't that fit).

Members of the Messi clan like Aguero and online fanpages are already voicing their dissent against this signing. Soon you'll see a statement from his dad and Suarez too. The knives are out and every single performance will be scrutinized deeply. It'll get real toxic soon. One bad game and the brickbats will be out. Catalan Press is licking their lips as we speak. :lol:

"Messi clan"...when he isn't even at Barca since over a year :lol:

GOAT lives rent free in your head :mou:

Lewa is an elite player who was signed at big bucks, for his age. He needs to deliver and he will be praised/considered a legend and if he doesn't, he will be criticized. Simple.

Temptation

Eh, he just doesn't deserve any credit when the culture change (by the looks of it) already happened for our youngsters. But whatever.

Happier than I thought I would be with Lewa as well, so don't try to construct a weird narrative. I guess most Barca fans are.

It's pretty split overall. Once the new signing excitement wears you'll see it more in a 55-45 split.

Right now the Excitement factor has made it 65-35.

Temptation

"Messi clan"...when he isn't even at Barca since over a year :lol:

GOAT lives rent free in your head :mou:

Lewa is an elite player who was signed at big bucks, for his age. He needs to deliver and he will be praised/considered a legend and if he doesn't, he will be criticized. Simple.

Actually this has nothing to do with my like/dislike for Messi. He'll always be Barca's biggest legend forever and ever.

Online, many Messi fanpages have started dissing this transfer already. Aguero taking digs. Let's be real here. These things do exist. This transfer has definitely ruffled some feathers.

I'm genuinely expecting a negative comment from Suarez.

Ofcourse, in case of failure, Lewy deserves criticism just like any other big signing. But I doubt he'll get any undeserved credit at all.

As for leadership skills, I have my doubts in this particular scenario. I doubt club legends like Busquets or Pique will like Lewandowski to just come in and be the leader. The old guard won't like it.

snowy

That would be a welcome change!

Pique even look like he'd njoy that kick in the rear-end come sundown lol

There's a new sheriff in town ...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No need to ridicule German clubs and its fans, it is not that they don't want to win and challenge Bayern, it is just that they don't have the resources and their fans have different priorities, so they are used to the status quo. Buli fans care more about keeping football as a community sport and keeping investors and big business out of football than changing the German club football landscape and challenging Bayern's dominance.

Prior to the last decade, clubs like Dortmund and a few others could still challenge Bayern at times, managing to pluck away a few Buli championships here and there as the gap wasn't that big at the time. The last decade really cemented Bayern's lead and dominance, other clubs simply don't have the means and resources to compete with them anymore, so they learned to cope with their places in the world order, I'd say. I don't think the bigwigs and fans of those other clubs like Bayern in particular and are happy with the way things they are, but what can they do? Bayern has so much pull in Germany, not just money but also appeals.

Let's go TSV 1860 Munchen by the way! Einmal Loewe, Immer Loewe! :p

Yannik

Hannover is just another B team for Bayern. People supporting German teams other than Bayern is the same as us supporting Barca B. Sure you are happy when they do well, but the first team is the only thing that matters.

reading the comments here about German football, german fans and even my club in the 2nd division which has nothing to do with it, you can't be possibly surprised that German fans solidarize rather with their own than with int. top teams.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

reading the comments here about German football, german fans and even my club in the 2nd division which has nothing to do with it, you can't be possibly surprised that German fans solidarize rather with their own than with int. top teams.

Nobody cares what German fans think or do. Their teams and their league is irrelevant.

Barcilliant

I hope this guy produces Ronaldo like numbers for us and can deliver cl. We have become a joke in CL and about time we regain respect in the world's greatest club competition.

Home of Barca Fans