9 - Robert Lewandowski

vegitot

Yeah, man. As per usual you have everything figured out using data and great reasoning skills. Just don't run away into hidig again, if your serious ass prognosis turns out dog poop.

Btw, suarez was even slower and physically weaker, not to mention, technically inferior, in his later years and still scored 20+ goals.

Suarez technically inferior???

proxy.gif

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

Suarez technically inferior???

https://youtu.be/iX8eZn9uFU4
Yeah, he was absolute ass at first touch and link up in final Barca years. Couldnt control simple balls and make simpe passes, while trying all those retarded dummies that never worked. Was the reason many wanted him gone. Lew seems to have extra gentle touch in comparison.

Messigician

Yeah, man. As per usual you have everything figured out using data and great reasoning skills. Just don't run away into hidig again, if your serious ass prognosis turns out dog poop.

Btw, suarez was even slower and physically weaker, not to mention, technically inferior, in his later years and still scored 20+ goals.

Suarez technically inferior?

He was still scoring Rabonas and backheel goals and worldies like against Bayern lol

vegitot

Yeah, he was absolute ass at first touch and link up in final Barca years. Couldnt control simple balls and make simpe passes, while trying all those retarded dummies that never worked. Was the reason many wanted him gone. Lew seems to have extra gentle touch in comparison.

Suarez's touch in his final year here was inconsistent, agree. But Lewa, imo, doesn't possess better technique than Final year Suarez.

Back heel goal vs Mallorca? First touch that left Godin to death and scored vs Inter? Bicycle kick vs Sevilla? Ronaldinho's chelsea goal vs Valencia?

All in his last Barca season.

Gnidrologist

Yeah, he's like that. Does something incredible once in the blue moon, but is frustrating as fuck most of the time. Especially for Xavis system, Bob is certainly better because of consistency. Wont be a black hole in attack apart from rabonas. People have short memory.

vegitot

I don't think Lewa will be sub level like BBZ is saying or 'absolutely finished' but there are some points in there worth considering.

Just looking at how Messi and Ronaldo did, the 2 superstars of Lewa's generation, after moving to a new team at an old age, you can observe that even the best players in the world don't move to new teams at 34 years old and do extremely well.

I think he may score a good amount of goals, perhaps 25-30 in the season or even more in all competitions, but those come at a cost. At Bayern in his last years he hasn't done much pressing at all and despite the proclamations of some, he is not a great playmaker with world-class linkup play, and if he scores a lot of goals but without an all-around game it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be worth it. Ronaldo at MU last season was the same - he scored a lot of goals, but the output of all other forwards decreased at the same time.

He will score enough (30 goals in all comps, i think), but not at his Bayern level. Daily remind that Lewa also is the most wasteful player. He missed like 32 big chances in Bundesliga last season.

I doubt Barca can give him that much chances.

vegitot

I love Suarez and all....but no one gonna bring up his track record in CL for the last 7 years?

Everyone knows his UCL record since 2017 is terrible.

Nobody bring up Ronaldo Fenomeno UCL record track either. And he is the greatest striker ever.

Blackened

Suarez in his prime was quicker than Lewy, at least as strong and possessed a much better technique. As everyone knows, Suarez declined drastically after 2016-17 season but thats another story. Suarez also had that raw unpredictableness in his game. Remember in 2014-15 his goals against City and PSG. Lewy never scored those kinds of goals. Suarez has that extra bit of artistry/moments of magic that only the true greats have. Lewy isnt that kind of a player. A very good player but a bit stale and predictable.

vegitot

Lol there are hundreds of clips of Lewy pulling off much tougher touches, volleys and aerial acrobatics.

Suarez doesn't have his back to goal/aerial game. Never did.

No disrespect. But Lewa never score a goal like that. Controlling the ball from half way line pass with his shoulder, then round the gk with second touch, while still running.

Suarez scores acrobatic goals with his eyes closed.

Or shit like that. Lewa can't.

facebook nt

Weaker header than Lewa though.

Temptation

Lewandowski at Dortmund days is way faster than any version of Suarez. The only place where Suarez is physically stronger is his teeth. :lol:

And yeah, Suarez has one of the ugliest and flukiest running styles ever which is why he's so hit and miss. Apparently hustling and having good energy is technique now. Well then Jordan Henderson must have world class technique. :lol:

Nutmegging one player and finishing is considered magic now?

Well, Lewy has a goal for Dortmund where he dribbled past numerous players and scored. Also the goal for Poland wgere he dribbled past 5 players. Ignorance is bliss. :lol:

BBZ8800

I see, Latin-American guy playing and killing for several years at Barca/La liga after moving to another Spanish club

Suarez, league + CL matches:
2022 Atletico = 182 minutes per goal
2021 Atletico = 142
================
2020 Barca = 122 minutes per goal
2019 Barca = 170
2018 Barca = 146
2017 Barca = 115
2016 Barca = 83
2015 Barca = 131
================
2014 Liverpool = 96
2013 Liverpool = 130
2012 Liverpool = 232

Check two patterns:
1. whenever he moved to a new club, his numbers went down in the next season (adjusting phase):
- from 96 minutes per goal at Liverpool to 131 minutes at Barca in his first season
- from 122 minutes at Barca to 142 at Atletico

2. the second thing, his graph in general is going down as he aged:
Age groups:
34-35: 162 minutes per goal
32-33: 146 minutes
30-31: 130 minutes
28-29: 107 minutes

And one more time, Suarez moved to the same league.
If someone replies: his numbers dropped because AM plays more defensive than Barca.
I'll reply:
1. then why his 2nd season at AM was worse than his 1st?
2. and why did his Barca numbers dropped with age (as shown above)?

I contacted Sherlock and Captain Obvious.
They both gave me the same answer: because of AGE.

In Messi's case you have age + new country.
In Lewa's, we'll have the same: age + new country

Home of Barca Fans