9 - Robert Lewandowski

Rassvet

How did he got major Ls? He's been mostly right, but he became a veteran poster, like most others, in Barto dumb era. The worst thing about BBZ is that he will be majorly wrong the moment we will be back as an elite team. :lol:

If BBZ was around 2008 he'd have been signing his tune of "sink like Titanic" full on. :lol:

To be fair to BBZ, Barca only looks to be back much sooner thanks to selling off parts of their assets and future revenues. Without taking a financial hit in the future to get back competing faster, it would be a much slower rebuild.

serghei

As someone with a basic understanding of math and numbers his use of statistics gives me cancer. I concur on the other part though, he's pretty agreeable/reasonable outside of football. Makes me wonder if discussing sports just dumbs everyone down.

See... this is imo taking it too seriously, no offense.

BBZ is the ultimate stat-oriented pessimist.

Give me another poster of BBZ profile who is so renowned around here.

I can think of 2-3 more.

BBZ is like a classical character from a Moliere novel.

He is an amazing poster.

Joan

It's usually useful to judge transfers based on trends. You'll get it right most of the time. For every Pedri, there will be puigs, alenyas, sampers, and a bunch of other bums. It gets more tricky when dealing with proven world class players. They're already outliners and one gotta look more closely. Not everyone has the same role, not everyone declines at the same rate, not everyone has what it takes to succeed at a particular task.

We can look at Polish players and say they don't fit into LaLiga and be right about stanislaws and szymons of the world more often than not. But when talking about the best Polish player ever? It's a bit silly.

Messigician

See... this is imo taking it too seriously, no offense.

BBZ is the ultimate stat-oriented pessimist.

Give me another poster of BBZ profile who is so renowned around here.

I can think of 2-3 more.

BBZ is like a classical character from a Moliere novel.

He is an amazing poster.

Since when u a BBZ simp

CatalinR10

Whoa! Biggest in Barca History? 😳😳

"Robert Lewandowski's presentation is expected to be biggest one in FC Barcelona's history, overtaking Ronaldinho. The fans are buying tickets at an exceptional rate."

●Source: Ivan San Antonio.

This transfer is getting insane hype!

He's finally playing for a big club , what did you expect

serghei

Since when u a BBZ simp

It is both praise and criticism if you read that carefully.

If you go on a forum of people of similar intellect and beliefs, it would be the ultimate bore. This place is fun because it is under-moderated, different and basically strikes a good balance of trolling and more serious topics.

serghei

It's usually useful to judge transfers based on trends. You'll get it right most of the time. For every Pedri, there will be puigs, alenyas, sampers, and a bunch of other bums. It gets more tricky when dealing with proven world class players. They're already outliners and one gotta look more closely. Not everyone has the same role, not everyone declines at the same rate, not everyone has what it takes to succeed at a particular task.

We can look at Polish players and say they don't fit into LaLiga and be right about stanislaws and szymons of the world more often than not. But when talking about the best Polish player ever? It's a bit silly.

True. But not as fun.

The most fun for me is looking for the exception and hitting it spot on.

I personally admit that since 2013 (the year I've joined), I never ever spent more than 30 mins of watching a player before saying he will be a hit. Because I can't be arsed frankly. It's not my job to look at players.

:lol: For me, even if Raphinha proves to be top. I barely even seen him 3 consecutive games from Leeds. It's purely guesswork.

So is everyone else. I very much doubt anyone here has taken over monitoring a player as a quintessential task you have to absolute do for the next month or so. This is what makes us different from a professional scouter. This is what these people do for a living. I do that only for some time after work to blow off steam.

Last edited:

Joan

True. But not as fun.

The most fun for me is looking for the exception and hitting it spot on.

I personally admit that since 2013 since I've joined, I never ever spent more than 30 mins of watching a player before saying he will be a hit. Because I can't be arsed frankly.

:lol: For me, even if Raphinha proves to be top. I barely even seen him 3 consecutive games from Leeds. It's purely guesswork.

I guessed as much after you takes on Puig :lol:

serghei

I support Xavi, but make no mistake I never ever ever contemplated even seeing an Al Sadd game when he managed them.

Gnidrologist

30+ Suarez scored a hattrick in El Clasico btw.

Can post 100+ Suarez gifs but that probably too much.
So what? That didn't compensate for his constant unforced turnovers and general clumsiness that was destroying attacking movement. People with the memory of goldfish and fanboys like you only remember few shiny moments, not his general play.
How did he got major Ls?
There have been lot of things and they were pointed out at the time. From top of my head, Neymar will be shit and destroy attacks with his individual play, Coutinho will be great, The Euro predictions mc_lovin mentioned, think it was Germany destroying everybody and Spain being shit and some other retarded shit that turned out pretty much vice versa. Also his bs yearly moaning about Pep or triangle/posession football being "figured out", which makes no sense and is not grounded in reality. One could build archive with his gaffes, that wouldn't be so damning, if he haven''t had posted Encyclopedia Britannica on every one of them. You can post 1000 lines of data and essays of arguments and still be fucking wrong. Some of you seem intimidated by the humongous walls of text with massaged data and manipulative assertions. :lol:

vegitot

So what? That didn't compensate for his constant unforced turnovers and general clumsiness that was destroying attacking movement. People with the memory of goldfish and fanboys like you only remember few shiny moments, not his general play.

There have been lot of things and they were pointed out at the time. From top of my head, Neymar will be shit and destroy attacks with his individual play, Coutinho will be great, The Euro predictions mc_lovin mentioned, think it was Germany destroying everybody and Spain being shit and some other retarded shit that turned out pretty much vice versa. Also his bs yearly moaning about Pep or triangle/posession football being "figured out", which makes no sense and is not grounded in reality. One could build archive with his gaffes, that wouldn't be so damning, if he haven''t had posted Encyclopedia Britannica on every one of them. You can post 1000 lines of data and essays of arguments and still be fucking wrong. Some of you seem intimidated by the humongous walls of text with massaged data and manipulative assertions. :lol:

It's true he killed attack many times in his late years here. But his goals were important. Why act like he only scored vs bum teams???

And a finished Suarez carried Atletico to Liga glory with his goals. 21 points from 21 goals, 17 points after losing position.

So no need to thrash club legend so you can hype new player.

Gnidrologist

I'm not trashing anyone, i was contesting long winded made up notion of BBZ that Lew mus be trash now cuz muh cherry picked data and ad hoc assertions.

Temptation

OG was one of my favourites posters. I know prople will say that's because he is a troll but nah....say what you will about the lad, he was box office. Bet even KL misses OG(won't admit it though).

Rassvet

OG was one of my favourites posters. I know prople will say that's because he is a troll but nah....say what you will about the lad, he was box office. Bet even KL misses OG(won't admit it though).

Tru. OG is a forum legend.

I have a new theory that he might be waiting to come back until after the WC to claim his W.

Home of Barca Fans