9 - Robert Lewandowski

Blackened

Well that is true. Lewandowski is an excellent penalty taker. One of the best I`ve ever seen. His technique of stopping just before shooting is very interesting. He looks for the faintest body reaction of the keeper and then shoots the other way? Whatever it is, it certainly works.

Temptation

Whoa! Biggest in Barca History? 😳😳

"Robert Lewandowski's presentation is expected to be biggest one in FC Barcelona's history, overtaking Ronaldinho. The fans are buying tickets at an exceptional rate."

●Source: Ivan San Antonio.

This transfer is getting insane hype!

Gnidrologist

Okay, children in this thread have derailed it to silly shit flinging contest of 'muh playah iz betah dan yo playah' and posting gifs from prime Suarez, while the initial debate was how these players would compare in their mid 30s, which is what we are about to see. For me the main memory of 30+ Suarez is the amount of attacks he murdered with his fatass clumsiness not fancy goal against Levante. I think Lew is much more constant threat and will not kill our fluidity with shitty touches and Dumbele level short passing. Will see about his scoring boots. No one doubts that Luis had some jaw droppers here and there that only rare players would create.

Porque

Whoa! Biggest in Barca History? 😳😳

"Robert Lewandowski's presentation is expected to be biggest one in FC Barcelona's history, overtaking Ronaldinho. The fans are buying tickets at an exceptional rate."

●Source: Ivan San Antonio.

This transfer is getting insane hype!

With Riqui TikTok on the move, his millions of fans have switched over to the new TikTok star at the club.

serghei

Let's just remember some of the former transfers and high expectations:
Ferran = from high hopes to ridiculed by a majority in 6 Months
Griezz = 9 La liga goals in his first season, sold after 2 seasons
Frenkie De Jong = lost in space for 4 years. Came as the future best midfielder in the world
Arthur = 2nd best midfielder in the world. Ridiculed by a majority in the end
Dembele = 5 seasons of mysery. Injured and scored 3 goals in his 1st season
Coutinho = started ok, soon disappeared
Semedo = zero impact ever

Who was the last signing by Barca who had an immediate impact?
Also, who was the last signing from abroad who clicked well right away and made an impact?
Umtiti was the last one, iirc.

BBZ, I really like you because you are logical and analytical. The only difference between you and me is that you are a pessimist, and I am an optimist because football for me is a source of fun. We are both realists at heart mind you, even with all the other differences. If we were to talk about other subjects I would no doubt agree with you more, but football is not about being realistic, it's about being lighthearted and fun. It's not life and death, or anything even remotely close to that. It's about banter and jokes mostly.

You take it way too seriously, no offense.

I basically think you are generally right to be worried about these things. Most players will disappoint, no doubt. But some won't. The real fun about football is that, occasionally, you will discover special players that defy the odds and will be the real deal. Among Ardas, Arthurs and whatnot, you will discover awesome players and find underdog success stories.

And I believe the better the team running the club (manager, president, technical director), the better the odds of signing these players.

Let me tell you something, there is no doubt someone in 2003 (if Barcaforum would've been around at that time), would have made the same posts about Ronaldinho. The bottom line is that, generally, life is hard and the great stuff happens rarely. But not always, and some players are good enough to turn the table and defy statistics and probabilities.

Last edited:

serghei

:lol: He's one of the best posters around here, and without him this place would be more boring, and totally not worth the time. If 5-6 posters would be gone, some of which I rarely agree with, I would quit personally too.

He adds a note of seriousness that is needed.

Nobody likes 100% joke threads and trolling. I know I don't.

Gnidrologist

Logically and analytically disappears from threads, where his shit has gotten major Ls.
I don't see how one can make any definitive predictions about things like sport. Even weather and economics are more predictable.

KingLeo10

BBZ is definitely intelligent. Because (when it comes to football), he knows exactly how to manipulate/repackage the data/statistics to tailor his narrative :lol: That takes skill

I like, and mostly agree with his opinions on non-footballing matters.

serghei

How did he got major Ls? He's been mostly right, but he became a veteran poster, like most others, in Barto dumb era. The worst thing about BBZ is that he will be majorly wrong the moment we will be back as an elite team. :lol:

If BBZ was around 2008 he'd have been signing his tune of "sink like Titanic" full on. :lol:

Last edited:

mc_lovin

How did he got major Ls? He's been mostly right, but he became a veteran poster, like most others in Barto dumb era. The worst thing about BBZ is that he will be majorly wrong the moment we will be back as an elite team. :lol:

If BBZ was around 2008 he'd be signing his tune of "sink like Titanic" full on. :lol:

Let me introduce you to his Euro predictions :lol:

BBZ is definitely intelligent. Because (when it comes to football), he knows exactly how to manipulate/repackage the data/statistics to tailor his narrative :lol: That takes skill

I like, and mostly agree with his opinions on non-footballing matters.

As someone with a basic understanding of math and numbers his use of statistics gives me cancer. I concur on the other part though, he's pretty agreeable/reasonable outside of football. Makes me wonder if discussing sports just dumbs everyone down.

vegitot

Okay, children in this thread have derailed it to silly shit flinging contest of 'muh playah iz betah dan yo playah' and posting gifs from prime Suarez, while the initial debate was how these players would compare in their mid 30s, which is what we are about to see. For me the main memory of 30+ Suarez is the amount of attacks he murdered with his fatass clumsiness not fancy goal against Levante. I think Lew is much more constant threat and will not kill our fluidity with shitty touches and Dumbele level short passing. Will see about his scoring boots. No one doubts that Luis had some jaw droppers here and there that only rare players would create.

30+ Suarez scored a hattrick in El Clasico btw.

Can post 100+ Suarez gifs but that probably too much.

serghei

Let me introduce you to his Euro predictions :lol:

Sure, but if you are to make a "worst takes" highlight reel, it's a pretty simple equation. Whoever posts more and is more arrogant will be wrong more.

Everyone here pretends he is some sort of Football genius, when in fact we are lawyers, doctors, accountants, human resources workers, construction engineer and whatnot.

Come on... being abysmally wrong and getting trolled about it, and trolling others for being the same is half the fun of being around here.

I think people are a bit confused about the source of fun that this forum is supposed to be about.

This season we won nothing and it is top 3 most fun seasons on Barcaforum since I've signed up. :lol: Hilarious stuff.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans