9 - Robert Lewandowski

Zidane82

Lothar Matthius (former Germany manager): Lewandowski is the best, I have no doubt about that. Just like Messi and Ronaldo were a few years ago, I think now is his time. [via sport] #fcblive

Temptation

The circle jerk in here from the OGbois :lol:

Umm don't you always look for certain companions to give you handjobs before ganging up on posters like Rassvet and Fati for no reason?:lol:

This comment doesn't suit you pal. It's just some mutual appreciation between posters. We're not ganging up trying to insult anyone like you lot try. Peace.

ajnotkeith

So what? That didn't compensate for his constant unforced turnovers and general clumsiness that was destroying attacking movement. People with the memory of goldfish and fanboys like you only remember few shiny moments, not his general play.

There have been lot of things and they were pointed out at the time. From top of my head, Neymar will be shit and destroy attacks with his individual play, Coutinho will be great, The Euro predictions mc_lovin mentioned, think it was Germany destroying everybody and Spain being shit and some other retarded shit that turned out pretty much vice versa. Also his bs yearly moaning about Pep or triangle/posession football being "figured out", which makes no sense and is not grounded in reality. One could build archive with his gaffes, that wouldn't be so damning, if he haven''t had posted Encyclopedia Britannica on every one of them. You can post 1000 lines of data and essays of arguments and still be fucking wrong. Some of you seem intimidated by the humongous walls of text with massaged data and manipulative assertions. :lol:

I would agree he is just a simple pessimist usually but his reasoning is often sound and correct in a lot of cases.

For example, for Ferran, he identified a lot of the flaws we talk about now before he actually came. He is overkill with the pessimism but he makes a lot of good arguments in his walls of text.

Gnidrologist

He is captain obvious, who enjoys writing 1000 lines to say that water is wet and make low hanging fruit predictions. And even the they are often wrong. Look, i don't mind peoples hobbies, but let's call spade a spade. Obviously better poster than 'OGboys'. :)

Sailor Mars

Its much easier to predict a player will be a flop at Barca than a success.

The past several years, anything less than winning a CL has been seen as a failure for Barca. Any time Barca fail to win a major title, you can pretty much work backwards from there and blame whichever player you want for the team's shortcomings.

Its easy odds to predict a player won't be a success for Barca when the bar for success is being a key player on a Barca side that wins the CL at the minimum.

Zidane82

I cannot believe that ANYONE would doubt Lewandowski tbh

You can doubt someone like Rashford or Martial or Sancho... players who just had a bad season or two BUT his last season goal total was higher than the previous one plus he has arguably been the best player in the world for the last three years

It is completely perplexing

JohnN

If Aubameyang proved to be pretty useful at 33, I am sure lewa, the best striker of the last years, can be at least more than that, if he doesn't get injured or something, so it's a logical 2 year investment.
About the Suarez vs lewa:
Suarez, as great as he was in his prime (for me much better than Lewa) and for all the wondergoals he scored here and there, was frustrating to watch since 2017. Constantly misscontroled, killed our attacks, didn't press as a 9, missed easy chances, yelled at teammates and acted like a diva. On the other hand lewa got better with age somehow.

Temptation

Last edited:
I cannot believe that ANYONE would doubt Lewandowski tbh

You can doubt someone like Rashford or Martial or Sancho... players who just had a bad season or two BUT his last season goal total was higher than the previous one plus he has arguably been the best player in the world for the last three years

It is completely perplexing

No need to doubt Lewy - he is as good as a centre forward can be in system with very much ball possession - but what you can just question is how good Barcelona gets him to play and to use his strengths. And that is up to your system. No - he is not the clinic finisher if it is not about penalties.

The age is not a problem even if it can be that with age you loose the absolute speed - not the reaction, not your feel for the situations and reading of the game as that for sure improves with age. He lives and eats and exercises for his sport and is absolutely professional with that. Even if I think he has to much dates outside of football - but that comes with the "fame".

Up to your system - yes, it is. The Bayern system of the last seasons has been all about Lewy and M?ller as partner whom he has a blind understanding with. Defenders usually did not just have to handle Lewy but M?ller with his runs and positioning, too. And his assists - Lewy by far was overachieving his xG of the chances M?ller created in difference to that of the others. To really get the best numbers of him it is not just about fine passes but a lot about movement...

Home of Barca Fans