9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

A steady monthly decline in physical condition isn't a simple fact, way more complicated. Obviously time is catching up to everyone, but it's not like a human is always getting slower by 0,5 km/h every month or something once he hits a certain age.

By that logic 30-33 year old Lewandowski should've already been worse than as a 24-27 year old, but actually thats when he started to really get to ridiculous numbers.

A peak is a mixture of a physical abilities, maturity and experience.

Suarez, number of goals:
59 = 29 years
37 = 30 years
31 = 27 years
31 = 31 years
30 = 26 years

Messi:
73 = 25 years
60 = 26 years
58 = 28 years
54 = 30 years
53 = 24 years
51 = 32 years
47 = 23 years
45 = 31 years

Cr7:
61 = 30 years
60 = 27 years
55 = 28 years
53 = 26 years
51 = 29 years
51 = 31 years
44 = 33 years
42 = 23 years

Messi had a peak around 24-30 age.
Cr7 had a peak from 26-31.
Suarez had a peak from 26-31.

All 3 of those had a peak around the same age.
And they played good until the age of 33-34.

Suarez was way below his average after the age of 33.
Messi declined at 34.
Cr7 was good till 37, but after 34 his numbers were lesser.

So, I am not saying that every player is EXACTLY the same and that they will follow EXACTLY the same path.
But majority od them have similar career peaks from 25-32, decline in the 30s and disappearance after roughly 34.

Once again, Lewa is 34 and in a new country.
And people are still arguing with a simple nature/science.

A peak is a mixture of a physical abilities, maturity and experience.

Suarez, number of goals:
59 = 29 years
37 = 30 years
31 = 27 years
31 = 31 years
30 = 26 years

Messi:
73 = 25 years
60 = 26 years
58 = 28 years
54 = 30 years
53 = 24 years
51 = 32 years
47 = 23 years
45 = 31 years

Cr7:
61 = 30 years
60 = 27 years
55 = 28 years
53 = 26 years
51 = 29 years
51 = 31 years
44 = 33 years
42 = 23 years

Messi had a peak around 24-30 age.
Cr7 had a peak from 26-31.
Suarez had a peak from 26-31.

All 3 of those had a peak around the same age.
And they played good until the age of 33-34.

Suarez was way below his average after the age of 33.
Messi declined at 34.
Cr7 was good till 37, but after 34 his numbers were lesser.

So, I am not saying that every player is EXACTLY the same and that they will follow EXACTLY the same path.
But majority od them have similar career peaks from 25-32, decline in the 30s and disappearance after roughly 34.

Once again, Lewa is 34 and in a new country.
And people are still arguing with a simple nature/science.

And that is not connected to the systems they played in or the teams they played with?

KingLeo10

The over-reaction after 1 game largely spoiled by the coach's awful tactics and lame refereeing decisions. Dear Lord! :lol:

Says the lad who was calling out people and fighting ghosts after Lewa did well in a friendly game :lol:

Relax. Your favorite player had a 6/10 game yesterday. Is it the end of the world? No, he's still a world class player. What yesterday did indicate (not definitively, need more sample size for that) was that Lewa fanboys may have oversold him. He's not a 50 goal a season player in LL who can dominate in any system.

Temptation

Says the lad who was calling out people and fighting ghosts after Lewa did well in a friendly game :lol:

Relax. Your favorite player had a 6/10 game yesterday. Is it the end of the world? No, he's still a world class player. What yesterday did indicate (not definitively, need more sample size for that) was that Lewa fanboys may have oversold him. He's not a 50 goal a season player in LL who can dominate in any system.

It doesn't indicate that. Every player has 6 on 10 games. Especially in a game where the tactics were totally off until the last 20 minutes.

Also, I didn't oversell him. I literally corrected people when they were overrating his finishing.

jamrock

Lol the pumas hype was indeed real.
Look at him, he has the best link up play in the history of everything.

Like you said he's class & will do well.

KingLeo10

It doesn't indicate that. Every player has 6 on 10 games. Especially in a game where the tactics were totally off until the last 20 minutes.

We'll see how things stand after 10 games then.

You'll start a full blown smear campaign against the manager's tactics, though, by that time. Which would be a fair excuse to point to had you not sold him here as this pan-system beast with the best ball control on the planet or whatever new hyperbole it was yesterday.

In all likelihood, he'll have a 30-35 goal season, which is a great return for a 34 year old striker.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think we all have overrated a bit Lewa, thought he will be the saviour who will lead us to the big titles on his own. He will do well though if the team starts to play well. Siu.

KingLeo10

Also, I didn't oversell him. I literally corrected people when they were overrating his finishing.

Easily the best first touch and ball control on the planet. Does that every game under pressure of opposing CBs.

In a world where Messi, Neymar, Verratti, Modric, Benz etc etc. play football, you think Lewa has the best ball control on the planet :lol: :lol:

If that's not overselling, I don't know what is.

Temptation

We'll see how things stand after 10 games then.

You'll start a full blown smear campaign against the manager's tactics, though, by that time. Which would be a fair excuse to point to had you not sold him here as this pan-system beast with the best ball control on the planet or whatever new hyperbole it was yesterday.

In all likelihood, he'll have a 30-35 goal season, which is a great return for a 34 year old striker.

I stand by the pan system and ball control thing definitely.

On another day, even in that yesterday's performance Lewy would have a goal(and let's be real he deserved a pen for that bald defender hugging him and pulling him down in corners).

Temptation

In a world where Messi, Neymar, Verratti, Modric, Benz etc etc. play football, you think Lewa has the best ball control on the planet :lol: :lol:

If that's not overselling, I don't know what is.

He unironically does. Dribbling doesn't mean ball control.

And not just with feet. He has great chest control even under pressure from opposition CBs.

And yeah, better first touch than all those players. But but they are dribblers so apparently have to have more ball control than a striker. :lol:

Laughably naive simpleton take. Fellaini has one of the best chest controls in the world but is largely considered a meme Footballer. It's not always about reputation and media wankfests pal. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans