9 - Robert Lewandowski

jamrock

The intention was their for sure, the execution just wasn't, zlatan-esque except zlatan would have done it perfectly.

pers

In Polish TV there was discussion about this assist. 3 journalists said there was no assist coz of deflection and only one former player who btw played in Spain as well said it was assist no matter if there was deflection or not. He explained that Lewy intention was to pass it to Fati and without this intention there would be no goal opportunity at all. I would give 0.5 assist ;).

iniestaGOAT

We must have watched different game. He did meant to pass it to Fati no doubts about it. If he didn't want to pass what he wanted? You can watch it in slow motion and it is obvious he wanted to pass ball to the box where only Barca player was Fati. Look what he did after the pass - he wasn't looking to ran and score, he just slowly turn and watched.

Of course he wanted to pass it to ansu but if there was no deflection ball wouldn't have landed on ansus feet so perfectly

Temptation

Who cares if it was a deflection or not? RL9 pulls off crazy skills all the time. He has done Rabona assists, overhead kick assists and frequently flicks it on with style to his teammates(like he did against Pumas) and does crazy stuff in the air too....

pers

Will smash Bayern I have no doubt

Revenge season. Hope we get weak ass Liverfools in round of 16.

I have some doubts. IMO it is too early and Bayern is favorite by far. I don't see Lewy integrated well with Barca wingers Dembele and Raphinha not to mentioned Torres who seems to only looking for scoring opportunities instead of passing. Lewy will have difficult time against Bayern defenders who will do everything to not allow him to score. Wingers will have theirs chances and with some luck they may score a goal or two.

Gnidrologist

Bayern smashing buli peasants isn't really much of a benchmark. Not to say that Barca are now strong. We have just couple of games into season. The main thing, where Barca need to get their shit sorted in order no to be humiliated by any semi competent teams is defense. See how our new guys do. Unfortunately we have Busquets, so things may go south anyway, unless Xavi finds perfect system for this fossil to be protected and his flaws mitigated.

Home of Barca Fans