9 - Robert Lewandowski

Fati_Future_BallonDor

2017 they were indisputably the best team in the world. Dominant in LL and CL.

2018 and 2014 they were the best, because of dominance in CL. They beat Klopp's Dortmund, Bayern (5-0 lol), and AM in 2014 and PSG, Juventus, Bayern, and Liverpool in 2018. And in both seasons, won those rounds fairly convincingly.

2021 they beat the next 4 strongest teams in the world back to back to back to back. That's too much for me to call it a fluke. Not 4 KO ties in a row. They maybe weren't the best in terms of squad but they had the best mental strength. I would say it's between them and Pool for best team in the world last season. I don't have much of a problem if the vote goes for Pool, but RM had a strong case.

2016 they fluked the CL. Everyone agrees on that one.

2018 i would say Bayern was stronger, they had tons of chances but were too stupid to score them.

KingLeo10

Hilarious how some people (Gari) are misconstruing my words to mean something else.

Barca is the only team in European history to win a CL + League every time we won the CL (5 doubles). That's what makes this club special.

But there's nothing wrong with giving value to dominant cup teams as well (RM, Milan in the past, maybe Pool). Dominant cup teams can be argued as the best team in the world in any given season, same as with dominant league teams. It's only when both are won that it's clear cut. In the case of the former, context (who were KO opponents, what were scorelines etc. comes into play in evaluation).

Hence RM CL 2016 being a fluke and 2018 and 2022 not being one.

KingLeo10

Football doesn't always evolve to a higher level.

Going by that logic, one could also say that Barca 2011 would look out of place in todays game, does anyone really believe that?

Not hating on Birdy but he's held the opinion (and we really disagree on this) that Pep's Barca would get destroyed by modern day Bayern or Pool. Not beat, but destroyed.

I even made a poll about it once.

KingLeo10

2022 was also a fluke, look the match highlights again, the luck was unbelievable :lol: ofc they 'force' the luck with their gameplay but still it was not a convincing win like 2014/2017 for example.

Not a surprise a CR7 fanboy thinks that :mou: Especially after the bet we made where you said this RM would never win the CL without CR7 :lol:

Are you over the win by now? Or gonna take more years?

Temptation

Actually the recent CL campaign was one of the bigger flukes.

You see people won't really call RM the best team itw with a straight face even after the CL triumph.

Similar to Chelsea in 2012 and 2021. Just didn't convince people enough and was too reliant on "luck".

KingLeo10

You see people won't really call RM the best team itw with a straight face even after the CL triumph.

Similar to Chelsea in 2012 and 2021. Just didn't convince people enough and was too reliant on "luck".

You should try scoring a goal in 330 mins of finals or whatever it was before trying to shade other teams winning actual big trophies :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Not a surprise a CR7 fanboy thinks that :mou: Especially after the bet we made where you said this RM would never win the CL without CR7 :lol:

Are you over the win by now? Or gonna take more years?

says the guy who is twerking for Real Madrid on a BARCA forum since two seasons, your profile pic says everything :lol:

Temptation

You should try scoring a goal in 330 mins of finals or whatever it was before trying to shade other teams winning actual big trophies :lol:

Most people would agree with me.

You should try taking off the Real Madrid tinted glasses and see some opinions for yourself.

If you ask Football fans, very few would say Real are the strongest team in the world these days despite the CL triumph.

You need to tone down your cartwheels for Real. Becoming a bit too obvious now. :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeah that's it, PSG/Chelsea and especially City missed tons of chances while Real scored nearly every half chance they got.

CatalinR10

says the guy who is twerking for Real Madrid on a BARCA forum since two seasons, your profile pic says everything :lol:

your way of insulting is waaaaay too repetitive fams , you already said this like +100 times , almost close to the times you pretended to be a juve fan/barca fan/liverpool fan/ etc fan

smh.

KingLeo10

Ah, the troll duo has assembled. All that's missing is the Ibra wannabe 3rdpersonvet to chime in and auto-like the troll's posts :lol:

Yannik

Going by that logic, one could also say that Barca 2011 would look out of place in todays game, does anyone really believe that?

Aside from Barcelona there's 97 other professional football clubs in the top 5 leagues.
When I say "football evolves" I mean that the average quality of the sum (aswell as the avarage quality of all the others) has naturally progressed from 2011, as it has also done so throughout any decade for that.

reasons are among others that
1.) football has steadily increased its infrastructure
2.) there's more competition throughout the entire pyramid because more kids play it. A competition consisting of 20 people is harder to win than a competition of 10 people.
3.) scientific advancements in medicine, nutrition, training and even psychology are boosting and prolonging the physis of athletes in a way that wasn't possible
4.) inflation has skewed the competition towards the top. Less worldclass players are still playing in non-top 5 leagues or at midtable clubs, because the top teams have hoarded them all. That means especially the CL is fiercer than back then. Also because UEFA has reformed it to accomodate more top 5 league clubs and less rest-of-europe clubs.

All sports progress naturally as long as the interest in them doesn't vanish. If you look at the olympics, most of the records are recent. And most of the current records will be broken in 10-20 years again.
Cycling on the other hand has amassed such a terrible reputation that the interest in it plummeted, less people wanna cycle professionally, less sponsors and viewerships still attend the Tour De France and as such the sport stagnates.

Last edited:

Temptation

Gets called out by numerous people for sucking off Real way too much and then goes on to call them "trolls" while sucking Real off further with the help of his forum "companions". :lol:

At this point, it's painfully obvious. You can stop pretending. Just come out and be happy. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans