9 - Robert Lewandowski

malvolio

But many want to see if Haaland can live op to hype and destroy EPL. Regardless of technical ability. It's an epic showing seeing a young kid rip it apart there. People love the drama.

Anyway discussion has side-tracked. Original was if Pedri has as much allure as Haaland has.

He hasn't. Because he's not a forward. Playmakers are not as visible when young, because it takes time for them to improve their game and reach a level when they control matches, score more frequently or be the undoubted star of the team. Forwards mask this lack of experience by simply scoring lots of goals.

Haaland is scoring with his shins, butt or ears now. Later on I believe he will finesse his touch and executions. People are attracted now because of the goals. Take out his goals and everybody would say he's a big donkey who can't do shit.

Horatio

You're welcome
He hasn't. Because he's not a forward. Playmakers are not as visible when young, because it takes time for them to improve their game and reach a level when they control matches, score more frequently or be the undoubted star of the team. Forwards mask this lack of experience by simply scoring lots of goals.

Haaland is scoring with his shins, butt or ears now. Later on I believe he will finesse his touch and executions. People are attracted now because of the goals. Take out his goals and everybody would say he's a big donkey who can't do shit.

Yes you're right. I ended up removing the second sentence, cause Iniestagoat agrees with me on that. That discussion was actually resolved. Moved on to new one.

Temptation

Outside Catalonia, no one tunes in to watch Pedri or Fati. Just the way it is.

It is because Pedri is largely unproven and untested at CL level unlike youngsters like Haaland and Mbappe who have way more hype globally.

Also helps that they are goalscorers. Goalscoring forwards catch people's eyes the easiest and quickest.

Pedri and Fati were at Barca last season too. Nobody tuned in to watch Barca regularly last season.

This season both Barca and La Liga has way more eyeballs globally for obvious reasons.

khaled_a_d

I don't know, I see many fans talk about Pedri after the Euros. He made a name for himself for sure.
Not a "poster boy" yet, but he is a player almost every club would love to have in their teams and most fans appreciate.

Morten

Outside Catalonia, no one tunes in to watch Pedri or Fati. Just the way it is.

It is because Pedri is largely unproven and untested at CL level unlike youngsters like Haaland and Mbappe who have way more hype globally.

Also helps that they are goalscorers. Goalscoring forwards catch people's eyes the easiest and quickest.

Pedri and Fati were at Barca last season too. Nobody tuned in to watch Barca regularly last season.

This season both Barca and La Liga has way more eyeballs globally for obvious reasons.

Pedri won't ever generate that hype, and it has nothing to do with quality, he could turn into the best midfielder in the world and it would only marginally raise the number of people who watch Barcelona.

As you said, other than the profile of the club itself, its mostly attackers that drives viewership.

Temptation

Some people on this forum legit said that Fati and Pedri would sell the most shirts for Barca this season. :lol:

You gotta be living in your own lil Barca bubble to assume that. I'm not even sure Pedri and Fati sell more shirts than guys like Frenkie and Dembele.

Some of you have no idea how marketability works and what sells to the masses.

Temptation

I'll elaborate a bit further on this: If you ask any Football fans to name the most talented young mids itw, they'll immediately say Foden, Pedri, Bellingham, etc.

Every fan would love to have Pedri at their club.

But because he hasn't done anything in the CL level yet, globally people don't care enough to follow Pedri regularly.

They'll probably catch him in the El Classico and for Spain a few times and say "What a lovely player this young lad is".

You won't see his name mentioned yet in social media discussions day to day. He has to perform more at the bigger stages for more visibility and eyeballs.

I don't know what that Iniesta guy is smoking clubbing him in with Mbappe and Haaland who have way more hype and are more talked about.

iniestaGOAT

I'll elaborate a bit further on this: If you ask any Football fans to name the most talented young mids itw, they'll immediately say Foden, Pedri, Bellingham, etc.

Every fan would love to have Pedri at their club.

But because he hasn't done anything in the CL level yet, globally people don't care enough to follow Pedri regularly.

They'll probably catch him in the El Classico and for Spain a few times and say "What a lovely player this young lad is".

You won't see his name mentioned yet in social media discussions day to day. He has to perform more at the bigger stages for more visibility and eyeballs.

I don't know what that Iniesta guy is smoking clubbing him in with Mbappe and Haaland who have way more hype and are more talked about.

Lol no chance. You must be high my man.

Pedri has performed in way bigger stages than that oaf haaland.

He got a little hyped cause of his transfer but if ledri was being sold he getting more than 100m too

Temptation

Lol no chance. You must be high my man.

Pedri has performed in way bigger stages than that oaf haaland.

He got a little hyped cause of his transfer but if ledri was being sold he getting more than 100m too

100 mil? Sure. Actually Barca will never sell him just like City won't sell Foden. Pedri is even more valuable to Barca than 100 mil.

But you're clubbing him in with Mbappe and Haaland which is just delusional at this stage.

And that is despite Pedri playing brilliantly in the Euros.

Doesn't have anything close to hype Mbappe and Haaland have rn.

RL9 has faced Sevilla 5 times before this and is yet to score against them.

It's the team he has the worst record against. Sevilla is his weakness.

Will he finally break the drought?

The first 2 matches were in 10/11 when he was not even the first striker but Barrios was. Short after his arrival to Germany. He was a late substitute for this 2 matches.

The third we played because of injuries in a 4-3-3 - a system in which all of our offensives usually did not thrive. We scored with own goal and a header from Thiago and that was enough. The second match was very cautious but it was a knockout match.

And the fifth match the Supercup final. He had an assist for the first goal from Goretzka and Javi Martinez is called Mr. Supercup in Munich as he scored both winning goals for the UEFA Supercup 2013 and 2020.

I would not call that any weakness etc. Frankfurt away always was a problem or M?nchengladbach - so there were exceptions.

The hype is always much more with the offensive players - or English young players...

Temptation

The first 2 matches were in 10/11 when he was not even the first striker but Barrios was. Short after his arrival to Germany. He was a late substitute for this 2 matches.

The third we played because of injuries in a 4-3-3 - a system in which all of our offensives usually did not thrive. We scored with own goal and a header from Thiago and that was enough. The second match was very cautious but it was a knockout match.

And the fifth match the Supercup final. He had an assist for the first goal from Goretzka and Javi Martinez is called Mr. Supercup in Munich as he scored both winning goals for the UEFA Supercup 2013 and 2020.

I would not call that any weakness etc. Frankfurt away always was a problem or M?nchengladbach - so there were exceptions.

The hype is always much more with the offensive players - or English young players...

Yeah true.

Not many people know this but in his early Dortmund days RL9 was used as a multifunctional attacking squad player and played CAM, winger, second striker and striker under Klopp initially.

Morten

Yeah true.

Not many people know this but in his early Dortmund days RL9 was used as a multifunctional attacking squad player and played CAM, winger, second striker and striker under Klopp initially.

I wish people granted the same courtesy to Messi and Ronaldo, when people compared Lewandowski's goal ratio in UCL to them, they played so many matches out wide before they turned into the focal point of the team, but somehow few mentions that....

KingLeo10

Yeah true.

And he wasn't very good at those roles. He was also much slimmer/skinnier back in the early Dortmund days.

Home of Barca Fans