9 - Robert Lewandowski

KingLeo10

Another example of where statistics/raw numbers don't capture the worth of a player.

Eto'o CL stats pale in comparison to Lewa's overall CL stats...but Eto'o tonight would have scored a couple. He was a man for the moments (2 CL goals in 3 finals, Lewa 0 in 2 games)...and that's why he has 3 CLs and 2 back to back trebles while Lewa has only 1 CL.

Stop being prisoners of the moment and shouting "Lewa clear"; players who can decide big games are THE RAREST breed of players. Xavi and Iniesta looked like schoolboys and were the coldest killers you can encounter on the football pitch, for example.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is a mental midget, like Messi

Guess you must have missed Messi in big games pre-2017.

Meanwhile Lewandowski's best performance in the CL till this date or his last top performance in a high stakes game seem to be with Dortmund vs. Real Madrid.....

Nello

Loss is on this guy. Supposed to be the leader of the team of the team but manages to miss 2 great chances served on a platter for him. Had we capitalized on our good start to the game and just scored on half of our best chances, we would've broken Bayern before half time.

Their goal shifted the momentum completely for 15 minutes, which was enough to get a second in. Cannot believe how passive MATS and Alonso were.

jamrock

Another example of where statistics/raw numbers don't capture the worth of a player.

Eto'o CL stats pale in comparison to Lewa's overall CL stats...but Eto'o tonight would have scored a couple. He was a man for the moments (2 CL goals in 3 finals, Lewa 0 in 2 games)...and that's why he has 3 CLs and 2 back to back trebles while Lewa has only 1 CL.

Stop being prisoners of the moment and shouting "Lewa clear"; players who can decide big games are THE RAREST breed of players. Xavi and Iniesta looked like schoolboys and were the coldest killers you can encounter on the football pitch, for example.

Took my post away from me, I was about to say no way eto'o misses those chances today, stats don't account for how you handle pressure.

KingLeo10

He is a mental midget, like Messi

Messi has destroyed SAF United in 2 CL finals, decided huge CL semi finals (RM, Bayern), and destroyed numerous teams in CL KOs (Bayern, Chelsea, Arsenal, Milan). Even has some good performances in losing efforts like v Pool CL SFs.

Low effort trolling :lol:

I'm not even mentioning the 10 or so match winning performances he has in El Clasico and v AM.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans