9 - Robert Lewandowski

Total-Football

Great in the first half despite the fuck ups. Others need to help. We can't expect for Lewa or pedri to score from every open play attack. Dembele and raphinha need to up their input in terms of scoring threat. The fact that we are sitting here hammering Lewa says a lot about the unidimentionality of the attack. Raphinha especially I have good hope for him because he can shoot cold. He has to dare more. With dembele I don't have much hope.

jamrock

Because he is the striker & had 3 clear sightings on goal, in a position that is only gonna be occupied by the cf.

JohnN

Great in the first half despite the fuck ups. Others need to help. We can't expect for Lewa or pedri to score from every open play attack. Dembele and raphinha need to up their input in terms of scoring threat. The fact that we are sitting here hammering Lewa says a lot about the unidimentionality of the attack. Raphinha especially I have good hope for him because he can shoot cold. He has to dare more. With dembele I don't have much hope.

He was pocketed by all Bayern defenders all game long on top of missing clear cut chances. He was bad and I don't want to put the blame on the other players. Perhaps he was nervous.
Rafinha had a tough night too, but created for himself and could have scored with more luck.
Dembele the same, even if he did multiple giveaways, kept trying to create and managed it at some point. Lewa was a ghost and wasn't even helping out defensively, just sitting like a cone in line with the defenders. Standards should be higher for him.

Catta

*Benzema

Suarez went like 25 games without an away goal in the CL. Cannot give him the best striker of his gen for that.

Benzema had a season where he scored only 5 goals, that is an even worse stat. None of them is perfect, but at their best Suarez is clear.

jamrock

Lewa went 2 full seasons without scoring a KO goal in the CL, just saying you can find weak spots in all their records if you look for it.

Temptation

This is a group stage game. Just against a great club.

No one would have mentioned it years later as a "clutch CL goal" even if he scored here. This isn't a make or break knockout moment and wouldn't be brought up in any significant discussions years down the line.

KingLeo10

All 3 of Benzema, Suarez, Lewa have some big holes in their CV. All time great strikers, but can't put any of them in the top 5-7 all time.

Temptation

All 3 of Benzema, Suarez, Lewa have some big holes in their CV. All time great strikers, but can't put any of them in the top 5-7 all time.

R9 has holes in his CV too. Massive ones in fact .....

Dunno why people are treating the second group stage game as a make or break clutch tie. It's just a group game against a big club.

The funny thing is scoring here wouldn't mean this performance being brought up in any discussions in the future. Perspective.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lewa never truly convinced in the CL. And actually for NT too - he was more often unimpressive vs Germany and sides of similar calibre, even if he was often frustrated by lack of his team's professionalism/talent

He can bang them in like nobody's business when big lights are off, but he tenses up at crunch time Morata-style too often. He lets those BDO dreams get to his head. Its own kind of insecurity really.
He may yet get over it. Worse players than him have.
Robben was a guaranteed disasterclass in big games until he scored that goal in 2013 final

Home of Barca Fans