9 - Robert Lewandowski

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lewa scored when Atletico kicked them out, scored when Real kicked them out and scored when Barca kicked them out in 2015. The thing is he is not the guy who will score from 30m or dribble 3 players and scores. He needs the service from his team mates. But he isnt a guy who go to invisible mode against big teams

pers

Ability-wise, Lewy is way behind peak Benz and Luisito. We all know that. Still, an excellent player.
No we don't lol. Honestly as no Barca fan I watched Suarez mainly in CL and NT and I still mainly see him biting another player - non Barca fans will remember him as someone who bites.

Best Suarez CL seasons he scored 7-8 goals. Lewy last season 5 goals is consider as flop (I consider it as flop as well) but for Suarez it would be one of his best seasons (top 3 I guess)

Temptation

No we don't lol. Honestly as no Barca fan I watched Suarez mainly in CL and NT and I still mainly see him biting another player - non Barca fans will remember him as someone who bites.

Best Suarez CL seasons he scored 7-8 goals. Lewy last season 5 goals is consider as flop (I consider it as flop as well) but for Suarez it would be one of his best seasons (top 3 I guess)
Let them live happily in their ignorance and delusions.

In Lewy's case, his numbers, records and achievements do the talking. No desperate mental gymnastics required.

jamrock

For all his champions goals, the most he could deliver was a Covid CL.

While the others he's so "richly" compared to have 3+.

I wonder why? Hint it's not just about the number of goals, it's the impact of those goals.

He has more goals in the CL than eto'o and for fucks sake if he's better than eto'o.

serghei

I wonder why? Hint it's not just about the number of goals, it's the impact of those goals.

He has more goals in the CL than eto'o and for fucks sake if he's better than eto'o.

Similar to Suarez, they had some 2-3 top class seasons in Europe too, but most of the time they scored volumes in the league, while failling to match that consistency in the biggest games. Eto'o and Benzema, much more clutch imo.

pers

Sure:
12/13 - 10 goals and 2 assists
21/22 - 13 goals and 3 assists

covid 15 goals and 6 assists

in between 5 goals was the lowest. How many top striker had 10+ years with 5+ goals in CL?

jamrock

Sure:
12/13 - 10 goals and 2 assists
21/22 - 13 goals and 3 assists

covid 15 goals and 6 assists

in between 5 goals was the lowest. How many top striker had 10+ years with 5+ goals in CL?

Better question would be how many have scored so many without winning a full valid CL.

His goals weren't goals that helped to take his team to the mountain top.

To illustrate the point.

Even in the Covid CL none of his goals after the road of 16 were particularly important, and even in the round of 16 the first goal was a PK.

From then he either didn't score, (the final) or scored well after the game was decided.

Which again goes to the point that most of his goals are just adding up the numbers type of goals, not decisive.

JamDav1982

All these arguments for why Lewas goals didnt matter in CL... yet same folk try to make out he was needed to win the league for Barca when didnt produce v the better sides, scored less per min than Auba/LDJ and won every game without him.

Covid CL counts as much as any other. Ask UEFA.

Kul_z

People will remember suarez as a player with passion. From biting, to handball in world cup, perfect hattrick for liverpool, ruining david luiz career, golazos. Shut the fuck up.

pers

People will remember suarez as a player with passion. From biting, to handball in world cup, perfect hattrick for liverpool, ruining david luiz career, golazos. Shut the fuck up.
Dream on. Only in this forum and maybe Liverpool he will be remember for something more than biting. 2 good seasons in CL is laughable for a "great" player.

Messi983

Could be rested tomorrow or more likely on Tuesday.

Tbh would prefer to bench him at home against Celta than away at Mallorca which is always a tricky game.

Home of Barca Fans