9 - Robert Lewandowski

Andresito

Staff member
Fantastic header, but overall very, very poor again. I think it is quite clear now that he is finished - when was the last time we saw him actually manage to control a difficult or even semi-difficult ball in the box with defenders around him?

That doesn't mean he won't have the odd quality goal here and there - but if Roque doesn't manage to replace him when he arrives, we're really in deep trouble.
Roque might not even arrive in January unfortunately. Now would be the perfect time for them to coexist before Lewy getting sold to Saudi or whatever in the summer. But we might have for Roque's arrival.

Neeraj

Roque might not even arrive in January unfortunately. Now would be the perfect time for them to coexist before Lewy getting sold to Saudi or whatever in the summer. But we might have for Roque's arrival.
Yup, agreed but I doubt we would sell him this summer. We have a long track record of keeping players way beyond their useful period and we aren't good at selling at the right/opportune time. I think selling him in the summer would be the right move, and he's on a really high salary so it should help on that front as well. But then again, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would agree to go to Saudi (yet), he thinks he's still one of the best strikers out there, and I don't see where else we could sell him that he would actually agree to go. I think we are stuck with him for a while.

Rassvet

People hate him on too much just because he's the favorite player of the poster that lives in their heads.

3 goals and 3 assists in 5 matches isn't a bad start. He's a serial winner though so odds are he'll still end the season winning the league for the 10th straight season and as league top scorer for the 7th straight season.
^

Now up to 8 goals and 4 assists in 12 starts (1050 total minutes). Not too bad for a 35 year old striker surrounded by an injury plagued squad of mediocrity overseen by arguably the worst coach in a top 5 league.

Regardless, he already secured icon status at Barca for carrying the team to the title last season a la RVP at United.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

^

Now up to 8 goals and 4 assists in 12 starts (1050 total minutes). Not too bad for a 35 year old striker surrounded by an injury plagued squad of mediocrity overseen by arguably the worst coach in a top 5 league.

Regardless, he already secured icon status at Barca for carrying the team to the title last season a la RVP at United.
You sound like how Ronaldo fans overate his performances during the last few years. Looks fine and dandy to anyone that didn't watch him the whole 90 minutes.

The fact is is his overall game has been awful ever since the World Cup. He plays every inch like a player nearing retirement. He's got the first touch of Harvey Weinstein. No amount of selective statistic picking can mask that unfortunately.

Temptation

Deserves way better service than he's getting currently. Absolutely pathetic chance creation.

How on Earth is Xavi's terrible style of play okay with Barca fans? I heard Barca fans were very specific about what style of play they want? Turns out it doesn't matter to them as long as the guy speaks Catalan and jerks off to Cruyff......

Home of Barca Fans