9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We should be looking after ourselves and not care if we 'aid' Bayern or not.

Lewandowski will bring around 40 goals for Barcelona and 40 goals less for Bayern.
He happens to cost us 30m for that. For 30m we're not getting a great long term CF.
So either we have to buy a tier 2-3 striker like Jesus and realize we'll have to spend again in a couple of years, or gamble with a lesser known CF, which is an even bigger risk of having to spend again.

Either way, we spend 30m now, and will have to do it again soon. With Lewa at least we're as close to guaranteed goals as possible on paper.
He'll function as a stop gap allowing us to compete short term during a time where we can't splash 70m on a striker.

I am not sure if he will bring 40 goals for us. Not sure at all. New country, new league, setup is completely different, no acres of space here in Spain, get caught up with age, whatever, he might flop hard, there is a chance there.

And if he does, we essentially have another Griezmann situation, high wages, long contract, can't easily offload.

And potentially causing problems in the dressing room.

Morten

Would be tremendously tough.

Beating 48 would be ridiculous as well, and that only gets you 2nd spot.

As said, most of the scoring records in Spain are hold by 2 players, and those are unlikely to be broken anytime soon.

Mullers record is only a matter of longevity at this point, Lewandowski doesn't need a perfect season to do it.

Temptation

I am not sure if he will bring 40 goals for us. Not sure at all. New country, new league, setup is completely different, no acres of space here in Spain, get caught up with age, whatever, he might flop hard, there is a chance there.

And if he does, we essentially have another Griezmann situation, high wages, long contract, can't easily offload.

And potentially causing problems in the dressing room.

Lewandowski doesn't need acres of space to score though. He's tremendous at scoring against Parked Buses too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lewandowski doesn't need acres of space to score though. He's tremendous at scoring against Parked Buses too.

True but we don't cross as much as they do at Bayern, not remotely close and also our wingers aren't half as efficient and effective as Bayern's.

Morten

True but we don't cross as much as they do at Bayern, not remotely close and also our wingers aren't half as efficient and effective as Bayern's.

You cross a fair bit under Xavi, especially after the honeymoon, no wonder he wants another great aerial striker for his crossing game.

ajnotkeith

We met with Haaland's agents numerous times too. Means nothing if Lewa won't take a big pay cut unless that salary structure is fictional (wouldn't be surprised).

Messigician

🚨🚨[ @cfbayern🥇] | Lewandowski DEFINITELY wants to LEAVE Bayern this summer, but Bayern don't want to let him go. Barcelona are offering Lewa over ?30m per year, which has made Bayern NERVOUS as they cannot afford it

Morten

So much for Barca DNA.

Luuk will be gone with or without Lewandowski.

I don't think we are ready to turn into you guys, yet.

NGL, even though i don't particulary want you to get results, if those results are achieved with cross and inshallah, its kind of a win for us.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
NGL, even though i don't particulary want you to get results, if those results are achieved with cross and inshallah, its kind of a win for us.

I am confused. You rather see us deviating from the so-called "Barca DNA" and win games??? Why would you want us to win games?

What does Madrid care about how we or any team plays?

Morten

I am confused. You rather see us deviating from the so-called "Barca DNA" and win games??? Why would you want us to win games?

What does Madrid care about how we or any team plays?

Its not really difficult to understand, is it?

Xavi was like the ultimate poster-boy for the holier than thou-attitude of Barcelona during their glory days, "grass wasn't the right length", "opposition didn't even try to play" and so on, whenever Barcelona couldn't get a favorable result, surely you know all about that.

Oh, how i would love for Barcelona to be reduced to the crossing-merchant they belittled others to be in the past(or whatever other "unpure" version of football that was wrong at the time), and nothing sweeter than it happening under Xavi of all people.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

:lol: Imagine trying to put Lewa on the same scoring level as a prime Messi.

Messi at his attacking best offered 25-33% better attacking output than Lewa's best. The guy literally reached 90-115 G + A in some years while Lewa's best is around 70-75?

He'll score 30-40 goals for Barca in total if he joins us next season. Which is a very good output for the right wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans